It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your name, does it fit you?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Just curious if your name fits you (first name only). For example, my name is Andrew. Andrew is a Hebrew name meaning "Manly and Strong". I would say that my name fits me PERFECTLY.
It would have been even more accurate if it also stood for 'extraordinarily handsome'. What about you guys/gals?

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
My name is like the 5th most popular name in the US, which is Matthew (go by Matt)

Which means, Gift of God

- Matthew is the English form of the Hebrew name Mattityahu meaning "gift of God", through the Greek Matthaios.

Matthew the Evangelist, traditionally held as the author of the Gospel of Matthew, is an important Christian figure best known as one of Jesus' Twelve Apostles.

Matthew was ranked as the 5th most popular boy's name in the US in 2006, and the 18th most popular in the UK.

I suppose my name fits me. I'm gods gift to humanity =]

plus my family was christian, and liked it I suppose.
edit on 5/11/2012 by eXia7 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
My name means "downward spiral", "descend", and "to flow". What does that say about me? That I'm doomed to spiral out of control? Or that I'm going to flow downward and become a stagnant pool of something unpleasant?

edit on CFridaypm040431f31America/Chicago11 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Mine is Jennifer- "white wave" or "white phantom."

They fit..in a sense.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by eXia7

I'm gods gift to humanity =]

This seems to imply that perhaps our name isn't who we are, so much as how we view ourselves. It's our perspective on the world, personified in our name.

Thoughts?

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23
reply to post by eXia7

I'm gods gift to humanity =]

This seems to imply that perhaps our name isn't who we are, so much as how we view ourselves. It's our perspective on the world, personified in our name.

Thoughts?

You always ask the most intriguing questions. Even when I disagree with you, you make me think.

My name supposedly means "harvester.". I can't keep a simple houseplant alive, so no...my name does not fit me.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

That's because I always look at things upside down... so to speak.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   

That's because I always look at things upside down... so to speak.

Then perhaps your name does fit!

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Really? How so?

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Really? How so?

Loose connection. "Downward spiral" to upside down.

Ignore it. Random synapses firing.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   

I'm full of random synapses. It's what makes me special.

As such, I don't mind odd connections...often, they reveal a corner of the picture that makes everything clearer. Or maybe just funnier.

By the way, I found out your name...just because you're the one person who didn't include it, and you intrigue me.
edit on CFridaypm525231f31America/Chicago11 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Ashley is my name. It means "ash meadow". "Ash" as in trees, not burnt things.

I guess its a nice enough meaning. A field of trees, how pleasant. Kind of boring though if you ask me.

If I ever have a kid I'll name it P'yraglothsasamatanaophus Nl'arlyptosis Funt IV, which means nothing at all but is a heck of a lot less bland than Ashley.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Leftist

If it's a boy, name it Mike Hunt. The XII.

Because life is made for laughing at.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Leftist
Ashley is my name. It means "ash meadow". "Ash" as in trees, not burnt things.

I guess its a nice enough meaning. A field of trees, how pleasant. Kind of boring though if you ask me.

If I ever have a kid I'll name it P'yraglothsasamatanaophus Nl'arlyptosis Funt IV, which means nothing at all but is a heck of a lot less bland than Ashley.

Your child will have trouble writing that in kindergarten!

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   

S/he will sign papers with "P. Funt" and become a famous rapper, using lyrics composed entirely of all things ATS.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   

S/he will sign papers with "P. Funt" and become a famous rapper, using lyrics composed entirely of all things ATS.

LOLOLOLOLOL

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   

reply to post by Leftist

If it's a boy, name it Mike Hunt. The XII.

Because life is made for laughing at.
I actually know a guy with that name!

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Hydroman

Please tell me he goes by "Michael" or at least "MIkey."

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Leftist

Please tell me he goes by "Michael" or at least "MIkey."

No, he goes by Mike. I remember hearing them call his name over the loudspeaker in school, lmao. He was a couple years older than me.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Well my name is George...

The name George derives from the Greek “georgos” meaning “earth-worker” or “farmer,” which is a combination of “ge” meaning “earth” and “ergein” meaning “to work.” One Gaelic form of George is “Seoirse”. Additionally, Scottish Gaelic forms of George are “Seoras” and “Deorsa.” The Welsh form of George is “Sior.”

Saint George - patron saint of England, Portugal and Catalonia - was a legendary dragon slayer and is the patron saint of knights, armorers and archers. The name George was uncommon in England until the 18th century.

The name George belonged to Kings in England (six) and Greece (two) as well as Presidents of the United States (three).

Someone bring me a dragon and a sword and ill go from there with whether it fits or not

If it all goes Pete Tong, ill take a shovel as a backup too.

edit on 11-5-2012 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join