It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Normal?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
I have had friends of many kinds throughout my life. Everyone is different. There are many small societies within a society and many senses of normality.

A construction worker has a different sense of normal than a salesman or a teacher. A healthcare worker doesn't normally understand the perceptions of a person who avoids health care. People like or dislike nature and people idolize or are indifferent to others view of wealth. Some people look towards the divine while others look towards perceptions of man. Everyone's perception of normal is a little different so when does it become abnormal.

I've known researchers, scientists, teachers, judges, lawyers, construction workers, factory workers, farmers, salesmen, tradesmen, herbalists, vegetarians, religious people of many religions, non religious people, Congressmen, business owners, college students, hookers, street people, people who use drugs and/or alcohol, people who never drank, hippies, Amish people, people of all different races, Rich people and poor people, Honest people and dishonest people.

All of these people think they are normal and others are a little abnormal. Everyone tries to hang around with people who think as they do so they can feel normal. People who are depressed are often that way because they are trying to fit into a world of people where they do not really belong. Our true sense of Normal is deep rooted into our subconscious. My getting along with so many classes of people is extremely abnormal. I don't know many people like myself. I could go crawl in a box next to a homeless person and strike up a conversation or talk to a doctor or scientist on their level. I can discuss economics with a working girl or discuss business management with a drug dealer. I can discuss politics with congressmen and laugh with anyone of any race. I even talk to the animals and plants....they don't talk back though.

People do have similarities in their perceptions but also differences. Why should someone be able to say their perceptions are real and others aren't unless they have personally experienced them. That is called experiencing Humility. I understand that society generates the standards of normal. I understand that people want to expand their belief of normal to others and sometimes cause change using intimidation to force change. I've seen narrow minded knowledge of things with distorted evidence used to force a perception of normal.......A lot. I've seen this on mass scale. Normal is actually abnormal.

So with this I need to ask a couple of questions so I can learn more about people's underlying thoughts of normal. This is something that can only be asked anonymously because people fear their true sense of normal is not normal. We all have our fears of intimidation and this thread is not asking for criticism of others, it's asking for a deep sense of perception of oneself. Please be free to add content or questions to the thread so I and others can learn more about perceptions. This is not an I am right and You are wrong thread.

1) So what is your deep perception of Normal. Just a basic overall summary.

2) What is the worst thing that you see that interferes with your basic perception of normal.

3) Do you consider yourself as normal and do you really think all others think of you as normal.

4) Do you ever try to fit in where you don't really belong? I have been there and done that myself.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

u said the right sense of the issue

normality is killed for abnormality being its reference

in order for everyone to copy each others as the way to escape and avoid the issue and confuse themselves with objective perspective for oness life

normal is never anyone, it is a concept of free logics that can explain anything

normality is not the opposite to abnormal, when normality is true or right then abnormal is superior fact or freedom else
superior is the same but just mayb missing some rights

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Everyone is NORMAL. It all depends whose point of view you are seeing it from.
The only people disagreeing with this are those who have suffered injuries in which they are no longer able to do what they were doing prior to the accident. And even then, they will get used to living that way and will see the rest of us not being normal as they have developed a way of doing things without the help of those things missing.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by absolutely

Your post is hard to decipher because you think differently. Lets see if I got it right.

Normality is destroyed by abnormality

In order for someone to adopt new normality it's essential to escape or avoid discussion, which is easier, and confuse themselves about who we are.

Normal is impossible, being a ploy of free logic used to force compliance.

Normality and abnormality are not opposites, when abnormality is adopted into society it becomes right and the old normal becomes abnormal and looked down on and sometimes. Later on the old normal is now abnormal and is considered superior to the present normal.

This is just a wave pattern of change to me, with old normals reemerging every couple of generations because some people like to change things to make themselves look superior. Seems to me common sense is sometimes sidestepped by this perpetuating swing to me. These swings in society cause a lot of problems. Look at alcohol for instance, moderate consumption is good for most people but the swings between overuse and under use cause many health problems and deaths.

Is it possibly, by your thinking, for humans to ever achieve an advanced society void of these swings?

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by TheEnlightenedOne

one is wrong so it cant b normal, to mean that u r someone with a character and a personality is wrong

one is individual gathering only bc u must deal with else, so the freedom s the one not that shape of object reality

to believe it and build a carrier upon is wrong so never normal, what is wrong is evil if willing it consciously free

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   

what is superior do not look superior, if it is truly then superior it is more objectively real with else then what is not superior
so true abnormality i was meaning is not what u r picturing, while it is always very subjective and only who is superior right recognize others superior rights too

abnormality is like being real alone in truth terms that is why u could become abnormal in absolute terms since u r object like anything else but missing the rights that others get

there is no other way but to get back to basics, from my opinion there is no building to save from what is there

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by absolutely

So those who know truth see the truth in things and The truth is simple and does not need conditions to make it real. Either the normal or the abnormal can be real.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   

right

what makes it hardest to survive in ur ways, is what truth here seem like alien thing

while truth or true or right or here or there it is very normal, for u all and any is creation is will is opposite is story is dead is killing is life?? wat is life?? is nature is granpa

no normal tactac logics everywhere

top topics

join