It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Post a pic of your PC.. dude!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Haxsaw

The inside of your PC is so neat you would probably gasp if you looked inside my case its a mess of wires and dust, cat hair maybe?

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

Great thread Agit,and nice PC you have.
I would be ashamed to show mine although I laughed when I saw this pic

as it is close,except mine has no tape,and one side is removed(to stop the old dying components from overheating).
And it only works when on its side...
Sometimes the fans stop,and I have to manually start em up with a flick of a pencil.

I got a laptop that runs crysis well though.
So its OK.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   

'nuff said

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
That looks identical to my Sunbeam cooler only with a blue fan. Same clips, same exposed copper bottom plate, everything.

Mine fits well on my AM2+ board though. I think that design worked out better than push clips.

I'll take pics asap and get them up here of my setup. I'm pretty proud of it lately, just had a revamp.

Originally posted by mainidh

I only changed my cpu fan because the old cheap one I had was rattling like a hoover sucking up pebbles and it was either it goes, or... I regret my alternative options.

I ended up getting one of thise, IceEdge 200T (deep cool) and let me tell you, I thought those pushpin types that you have on yours were a pain in the backside to plug in without either feeling you're breaking the mobo or the actual plastic separators that secure it... this.. this thing..

It just sits there... I can actually move it without much effort.. .I know it's on there OK as I do push this to extremes a lot of the time and have kept close eyes on the temps, but.. yeesh. talk about unnerving for the first few hours.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
Lets see whats ya got!

Mine's a bit old.
I think it used to belong to Jules Verne, and the furnace doesnt produce as much heat as it once did...
But it can sometimes get up to 50psi.

The keyboard is getting on in years, too...

Too much verdigree on the space bar, and the glass covers on the gauges also need cleaning.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
Lets see whats ya got!

Mine's a bit old.
I think it used to belong to Jules Verne, and the furnace doesnt produce as much heat as it once did...
But it can sometimes get up to 50psi.

The keyboard is getting on in years, too...

Too much verdigree on the space bar, and the glass covers on the gauges also need cleaning.

That is a sweet steampunk kit. Was it custom made or did you find the case/keyboard somewhere?

Also, do the gauges work? It'd be sweet to have a psi gauge stand in for the fan RPM or a heat register, lol.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Thats a nice rig you got there.
And good to see so many PC guys here.

Here is mine:

Intel Core i5 760
Some Intel mobo (don't remember the model number)
XFX Radeon HD 5770
8GB RAM
WD 1TB HDD
Logitech F710 Gamepad

Ran most of the games at high settings without any hiccups but Witcher 2 EE yesterday brought it down to its knees, lol. Will be getting a new rig by the end of the year.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Intel 2600K (plan to o/c the crap out of it once it starts getting too slow for my needs)
Noctua ND14 cooler
16GB Ripjaws X 2133 memory
HAF X Case with upgraded fans.
Radeion 6970HD
Gigabyte Z68X something or rather..
256Gb SSD + 2TB WD Black
Hooked up to a 55" 3D tv, surround sound and G25 wheel for lots of racing goodness

Cost me a fortune but when I buy a machine I buy the best I can afford with the expectation it'll handle everything I can throw at it for at least 2-3years...
edit on 11-5-2012 by LordGoofus because: typo

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   
intel i5 2500k @ 4.5 ghz
4gb gskill ddr3 @ 1867 mhz
asus p8p67 deluxe
2x nvidia gtx470 @ 656/1312/1701 mhz
cm 1000w psu
4x wd 320gb disk

cm cosmos s
noctua d14
10x thermaltake fan

some overclock :p

edit on 5/11/12 by aytacaksel because: (no reason given)

edit on 5/11/12 by aytacaksel because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Holodomor

Did you enter the numbers...man...(in scottish voice...)

..........................4, 8, 15, 16, 23, 42...........................................

i miss that

here is mine

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   
To paraphrase Al Yankovic

My CPU chip is a Dorito.
I have elderly hardware. None less than 4 years old, some older. And one low end laptop.

My work PC's are a little newer. But they just do work stuff.

No pics, They are also camera shy.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   

You have my pure,unadulterated envy.

Scrolling trough this thread,I hate you people.
edit on 11-5-2012 by adnachiel21 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Holodomor
That is a sweet steampunk kit. Was it custom made or did you find the case/keyboard somewhere?
Also, do the gauges work? It'd be sweet to have a psi gauge stand in for the fan RPM or a heat register, lol.

Its all custom made, by me, for my own use.
The big "psi" gauge on the front works as a temperature sensitive reading, but really doesnt move once its up to temperature.
The two gauges on the keyboard work as capslock and numlock. Scrolllock gives them a backlight eery looking green effect.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1

Originally posted by Holodomor

Its all custom made, by me, for my own use.
The big "psi" gauge on the front works as a temperature sensitive reading, but really doesnt move once its up to temperature.
The two gauges on the keyboard work as capslock and numlock. Scrolllock gives them a backlight eery looking green effect.

edit on 12-5-2012 by Holodomor because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Mine is not photo worthy really.. nothing special to look at.

The case is an old bit I picked up for a few quid at a car boot sale, The keyboard has issues like letters missing off the keys and the space bar working only when I making sure I hit it hard enough.

The mouse is a recent addition. Kensington Orbit wireless trackball.

Monitor is an AOC HD V22
Graphics card is an ATI Radeon HD 5570.
Motherboard is GA-MA74GMT-S2
8gb RAM
AMD Athlon ll x4 640 processor 3000mhz.
500gb Hard drive
Win 7 pro 64 bit

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join