It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Accessing higher self books?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   
I am very interested in this topic, yet new to it. I was wondering what some good books are that teach how to access your higher self, have OBE, and use these methods to better my life and suggestions? Thanks.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Suranwrap200

edit on 07/16/2009 by Lichter daraus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   

One of these would solve the problem of accessing higher shelf books.

edit on 10-5-2012 by RandomEsotericScreenname because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   

I started my journey by reading The Emerald Tablets of Thoth; afterwards you will develop your own unique perspective and uncover hidden abilities which laid dormant. Keep an open mind and an open third eye

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by RandomEsotericScreenname
[more
edit on 07/16/2009 by Lichter daraus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   

My suggestions:

Jiddu Krishnamurti's books
Ramana Maharshi's books

Dirty Enlightenment: the inherent perfection of imperfection by Peter Brown

Vedenta Spiritual Library: The 108 Upanishads, Panchadasi, I am (k)not the Body, etc.

Sri Aurobindo's books:

The Life Divine
The Synthesis of Yoga
savitri - A Legend and a Symbol
Upanishads-I (Isha Upanishad)
Upanishads-II (Kena and Other Upanishads)
The Secret of the Veda
Essays on the Gita
Letters on Yoga *
THE BHAGAVAD GITA as translated by Sri Aurobindo *

Mirra Alfassa's books:

Prayers And Meditations
Words of Long Ago
Questions and Answers
On Thoughts and Aphorisms
Notes on the Way
Words of the Mother
Some Answers from the Mother
More Answers from the Mother

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Some books in my library that have helped with my TOTAL spiritual path are as follows:

1.New age hypnosis (had my first OBE while actually reading the book)
2.The power of now- Eckhart Tolle (helps clear alot of mental blocks)
3.A New Earth- Eckhart Tolle (a continuation of his previous book)
4.This is it (in depth info on 'oneness')
5.Mastering the art of astral projection (still havnt finished it 600+ pages)

6.Phychics for beginners (alot of good mental excersices and info)
7.Youtube (well, I dont have to tell you what youtube is good for
)

Good luck and dont give up.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
thanks for the info any tips on how i can have an OBE i have read a lot of the post on ats but still could use some help. Thanks again

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Suranwrap200
I am very interested in this topic, yet new to it. I was wondering what some good books are that teach how to access your higher self, have OBE, and use these methods to better my life and suggestions? Thanks.

Any of the books listed above are a good start.

Just remember though that spirit (higher self) is felt not spoken, so you must employ other spiritual techniques to help with your journey. Start with simple meditation exercises. Go to some classes if you need to.

Also learn some basic psychic protection exercises. Once you start to open up to new ways of being, you become more sensitive to other peoples energies - this is not necesarily a good thing, and can be overwhelming.

Peace Out - Good Luck

edit on 10-5-2012 by nimbinned because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I started my journey 30 years ago at the age of 13 with the books of a buddhist monk called, T Lobsang Rampa. I would also recommend any of Eckhart Tolle books, ive recieved great spiritual insight from the works of Neale Donald Walsch, and if you want to go down the weird conspiracy route then go with our friend David Icke, who is so greatly loved and respected on this site.
(That was a NOT joke btw).

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Here's another one:

I Am That by Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj

Enjoy.

edit on 10-5-2012 by D1ss1dent because: Link

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Suranwrap200
thanks for the info any tips on how i can have an OBE i have read a lot of the post on ats but still could use some help. Thanks again

If you have a full day to not be disturbed then, you can try this technique.

Have a full day of activity like the beach, hiking, or pretty much anything outdoors, then go to bed early....I mean like 4 in the afternoon early. You can either set an alarm for around 11pm or use the tried and true native american method (drink two 8oz glasses of water before you go to sleep). When you go to sleep at 4pm, dont try and have anything happen, just relax and go to sleep. When you wake up around 11pm stay up for around 30-40minutes. Dont do anything strenous, clean the dishes or paint somthing or whatever, just stay somewhat relaxed. After that 30-40 minutes has passed go lay back down.

Here's when good ole meditation skills pay off. NOTE: if you cant relax the body, quiet the mind and focus, you will most likely be unsucessful at Astral projection, so practice meditation)
Relax, focus on your breathing/body, keep your mind awake while your body falls back to sleep.

After awhile you will most likely experience a buzzing sensation for alittle bit followed by paralysis. Dont be frightened!!! The paralysis is just a sign that your BODY is finally asleep while your mind is still alert (thats a good thing
). Stay relaxed and just 'go with it'. If a short time has passed without spontanious projection you can try to "mentally" roll out of your body. Make sure that you are NOT trying to actually move your physical body.

I highly suggest you practice meditation before even trying it as you will most likely be more sucessfull your first go around and wont become frustrated with any failed efforts.
edit on 10-5-2012 by Talltexxxan because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
The link i posted yesterday, for Sri Aurobindo's Letters on Yoga, contained missing pages. Sorry for that.

Here's the complete volumes:

Sri Aurobindo's Letters on Yoga (volume 1)
Sri Aurobindo's Letters on Yoga (volume 2)
Sri Aurobindo's Letters on Yoga (volume 3)

new topics

top topics

join