It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Billions for Defense (of Israel)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Billions for Defense (of Israel)

House Resolution 4133 – the United States-Israel Enhanced Security Cooperation Act of 2012 is making its way through congress. It was introduced into the House of Representatives on March 5th “To express the sense of Congress regarding the United States-Israel strategic relationship, to direct the President to submit to Congress reports on United States actions to enhance this relationship and to assist in the defense of Israel, and for other purposes.” The sponsors include Eric Cantor, Ileana Ros-Lehtinen, and Howard Berman and also Steny Hoyer of Maryland. The bill basically provides Israel with a blank check drawn on the US taxpayer to maintain its “qualitative military superiority” over all of its neighbors combined. It is scheduled for passage on a “suspension of the rules,” which means it will not actually be formally voted on and will be approved by consent of congress.

I'm wondering does anybody else think this is completely f***ed up?

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by maxella1

Yes.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   

I'm not American, but can't say I would be happy with my tax money paying for weapons of war for another nation, especially when people in our own countries are suffering financially and in Americas case living in tent cities.

Ron Paul nails it again.

This bill's real intent seems to be more saber-rattling against Iran and Syria, and it undermines US diplomatic efforts by making clear that the US is not an honest broker seeking peace for the Middle East.

paul.house.gov...

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Germanicus

Yes.

Noted

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr

I'm not American, but can't say I would be happy with my tax money paying for weapons of war for another nation, especially when people in our own countries are suffering financially and in Americas case living in tent cities.

Ron Paul nails it again.

This bill's real intent seems to be more saber-rattling against Iran and Syria, and it undermines US diplomatic efforts by making clear that the US is not an honest broker seeking peace for the Middle East.

paul.house.gov...

Ron Paul speaks the truth !

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Israel has been calling the shots in the US Gov for years now.

This should come as no surprise to anyone.

Israel has received 3 Billion a year from the US for a long time, maybe Israel wants a little inflation protection.

Thats not even the part that should make your blood boil, wanna hear a real dousy.

In the event of interrupted oil delivery, The US must meet ALL of Israels needs, ahead of the US needs....

Bow to your Jewish Masters.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Tw0Sides

In the event of interrupted oil delivery, The US must meet ALL of Israels needs, ahead of the US needs....

Where did you get this from ?

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Heres a good read sir.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
UGH .. more billions going overseas .. and we still have homeless people here .. starving people here ... kids who are smart but can't get to college because of lack of funds ... sick people in need of medical care ... etc etc ...

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides

Heres a good read sir.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I don't see any real sources in that thread. But I won't be surprised if it's true.

I don’t think we should pay any country any money because we are broke. Foreign aid should be voluntary not like (It is scheduled for passage on a “suspension of the rules,” which means it will not actually be formally voted on and will be approved by consent of congress.)
Let the people decide where and when our foreign aid goes!

People are loosing their homes and cant find jobs.... what the hell is wrong with congress!

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Well I wonder, where are the outraged people from the devastated towns due to tornadoes this year that were denied federal assistant due to the way that Fema makes decisions on what states are to get the most help.

It seems that they make their decisions on the ability and how much money and debt loans the state can squeeze out of their citizens.

Sadly it seems that when it comes to money, buying weapons for another countries is more important than helping those in need and about to become more in dept to the system.

This is why I just got so tired of posting about the corruption that goes rampant with our political system and government decisions that nobody wants to listen.

While we post here our disappointment on how tax payer money is been used, the one that should be in open arms and protesting are those that are victims to the government squandering of that tax payer money, while they go around looking how to suvive after a natural disaster that they could not control.
edit on 9-5-2012 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

This is why I just got so tired of posting about the corruption that goes rampant with our political system and government decisions that nobody wants to listen.

You should post until people will start paying attention because this needs to stop. I know I’m posting anything that I can find.

top topics

join