It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some questions about christian mythology

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   
First, i would like to point out that the following video is filled with film-sequences and dramatic music. Important is the text that is spoken.

After listening to the video, a couple of questions came to my mind.
For example, the lord god says "let's make them (angels) like we are". Who is we ? It is said, before the angels were created, the heavenly kingdom was completed for the lord god and inhabitants. Who are these inhabitants ? How many are there ? Are they all gods ?
If there was a lord god on a throne in the kingdom, how was this hierachy built ? Was the lord god elected by the other inhabitants ?

I am looking forward to any theories or ideas, that can add a puzzle-piece of information.

Edit: Here is a comment by the uploader about the origin of the text.

Most of this video is based off of mutliple collaborative historical txt, study and extra biblical txt. Most of the Nephilim history is based from Enoch, it is not canon and it was left out as there are certain qualifications for the canonized text. This was a commonly accepted text at the time, however it is not inspired txt like the bible. Although many scholars/believers believe in the historical accuracy of it, pertaining to the nephililm.

edit on 9-5-2012 by icepack because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Can't watch the video right now, but here's my guess.

"We" may refer to the trinity godhead of Jesus, God, and the Holy Spirit.

It may also refer to angels.

Or perhaps its simply a mistranslation.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   

It is said, before the angels were created, the heavenly kingdom was completed for the lord god and inhabitants. Who are these inhabitants ? How many are there ? Are they all gods ?
If there was a lord god on a throne in the kingdom, how was this hierachy built ? Was the lord god elected by the other inhabitants ?

I am looking forward to any theories or ideas, that can add a puzzle-piece of information.

Can you provide a reference of where this is said?

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by icepack

All I can say about Christianity (church religion) is, that "there are lies, bigger lies and fisherman's lies"...And what was the symbol for Christianity - yeah - the fish.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by icepack

what in the heck is he reading from?

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by micmerci

no, it doesn't say in the video discription.

Most of this video is based off of mutliple collaborative historical txt, study and extra biblical txt. Most of the Nephilim history is based from Enoch, it is not canon and it was left out as there are certain qualifications for the canonized text. This was a commonly accepted text at the time, however it is not inspired txt like the bible. Although many scholars/believers believe in the historical accuracy of it, pertaining to the nephililm.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by supermanning

i don't know. as far as i know the christian mythology, angels are creations and were created before man-kind. and when man-kind was created, it was also said "let's make man in our image". who are they ?

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

the text says, the lord god has 3 heads and additionally there are those inhabitants.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by icepack

the text says, the lord god has 3 heads and additionally there are those inhabitants.

Checked out your video link. One of the replies states that the information is from the book of Enoch. This is not in the currently accepted christian canon (or bible, in otherwords). I doubt many mainstream Christians have read the book of Enoch or other apocrypha books.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   

yeah, found that, too, thanks.
why did they leave out the book of enoch ? does it mean, these other inhabitants didn't exist ?

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   
If you read the book of revelations it will give your answer right there. In it John sees a vision of events to come, including making a trip to heaven. There, God sits on a throne surrounded by "elders" of the faith. Also, there are 4 beasts like an eagle, lion and 2 others that accompany God. Also, Christians teach that Jesus was born on the earth yes, but existed for all time previously in heaven. So he would be there too.

Revelations answers the question though.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by icepack

I think in order for all this to make sense to you,you will have to research sumerian,babylonian and egyptian mythology.I will be making my very first own thread soon to go deeper in the topic
edit on 9-5-2012 by wildapache because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   
/Yawn.

Yeshua created the angels before he created man. They are the Heavenly Host. He created them in his image just like he did us. He made us in "their" image which is really His Image.

edit on 9-5-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: spelling

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by icepack

yeah, found that, too, thanks.
why did they leave out the book of enoch ? does it mean, these other inhabitants didn't exist ?

Way to involved for a quick answer. To put it into a nutshell, some folks decided what books would go into the bible and what books would be left out.

There were a lot of books that didn't make it into the bible. My advice: google "biblical canon" and do some reading. Also try "council of nicea"

Have fun!

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by KnawLick

If you read the book of revelations it will give your answer right there. In it John sees a vision of events to come, including making a trip to heaven. There, God sits on a throne surrounded by "elders" of the faith. Also, there are 4 beasts like an eagle, lion and 2 others that accompany God.

you reckon, these "elders" are the inhabitants in the video ? god said, "let's make them in our image" or "let's make them like we are", doesn't that mean god and these elders are of one kind ?
in the video it is sais, 4 archangels were like beasts, archangel = beasts

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   
There were many Gods. They were the Elohim.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   

i know about the council of nicea. what interests me is who are those inhabitants ß never heard of a heavenly kingdom with inhabitant, that are like god, of the same kind ?

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

interesting. do you know, how many there were ? and how did the god become the most high ?

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl
Can't watch the video right now, but here's my guess.

It may also refer to angels.

Or perhaps its simply a mistranslation.

OLLLDDD testament, no jesus yet!

I have found this interesting also. But how can I deny religions like this, while accepting the words true in cases like this.

I can't. This xtian god left me long long ago. if he ever was with me. and I feel I'd have to be shallow of mental ability to re-embrace him.

the gods of old were for a reason. They kept tribes growing crops.

Not much changes by todays standards, if you ask me. $$$ being the new crop.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by icepack

The mythologies appear to come from myriad former legends...all cherry-picked, recycled, and then modeled after human "hierarchies"...
if you haven't heard of it yet, try this website for some excerpts of the ideas of Robert Wright: evolutionofgod.net...: Then buy the book: The Evolution of God. Fantastic, level-headed overview of the whole shebang...from cavemen to Islam...
with wonderful info in the appendix about the human nature and religious tendencies to anthropomorphize the unknown.

Easy to read, and the guy is really funny, while being very respectful, approachable, and sensible. Tons of background, archaeological research, and modern application. Highly recommend it!!

reply to post by wildapache

I think in order for all this to make sense to you,you will have to research sumerian,babylonian and egyptian mythology.I will be making my very first own thread soon to go deeper in the topic

Cool! I'll watch for it...
can't seem to get my belly full of it yet....on a roll...

edit on 9-5-2012 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join