It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We Have Been Lied To

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

For starters, the Hindu god, Brahma, was considered the creator of all. How does that line up with Abraham?

No.... the creator is referred to as Brahman.

Brahma is a different character.....

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

Well, according to Wikipedia, this would make Brahma closer to Adam (correction: God), not Abraham.

Brahmā (Sanskrit: ब्रह्मा; IAST:Brahmā) is the Hindu god (deva) of creation and one of the Trimūrti, the others being Viṣņu and Śiva. According to the Brahmā Purāņa, he is the father of Manu, and from Manu all human beings are descended. In the Rāmāyaņa and the Mahābhārata, he is often referred to as the progenitor or great grandsire of all human beings.

en.wikipedia.org...

So, I'm still not seeing the connection. As Eve was not Adam's daughter.

Edit: Ooops! Nope, it still looks like Brahma was the father of Manu, in which all humans were created, so that would still make him the creator.
edit on 9-5-2012 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-5-2012 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Just because Sarah was Abraham's half sister doesn't mean that she couldn't have been his daughter. Just sayin'. All kinds of crazy stuff was happenin' in the bedroom back then.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by wearewatchingyouman

What??!! How does that work exactly?

Genesis 20:12

12) And yet indeed she is my sister; she is the daughter of my father, but not the daughter of my mother; and she became my wife.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   

from wiki

Brahman :

(Not to be confused with Brahmán, Brahmā, or Brahmin.)

In Hinduism, Brahman (ब्रह्मन् bráhman) is the one supreme, universal Spirit that is the origin and support of the phenomenal universe.[1] Brahman is sometimes referred to as the Absolute or Godhead[2] which is the Divine Ground[3] of all being.

Brahma:

Brahmā (Sanskrit: ब्रह्मा; IAST:Brahmā) is the Hindu god (deva) of creation and one of the Trimūrti, the others being Viṣņu and Śiva.

Saraswati is mentioned as his consort.....and

Brahmā's wife is Saraswati.

edit on 9-5-2012 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   

lol... looks like it's not possible in that case. Had she been the daughter of his mother but not the daughter of his father there was a chance. I don't think Brahma was Abraham just to be clear. I just love the subject of the similarities between religions.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

I think the point she's making is not all humanity is claimed to descend from Abraham's son.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by wearewatchingyouman
Great post! I love this subject. S&F

On a side note Genesis 19: 23-25 is a really interesting passage besides trying to figure out what the fire reigning from heaven is.

"The sun had risen over the earth when Lot came to Zoar. Then YAHWEH rained on Sodom and Gomorrah brimstone and FIRE FROM YAHWEH out of heaven, and He overthrew those cities, and all the valley, and all the inhabitants of the cities, and what grew on the ground.

Yahweh reigned fire from Yahweh? Two Yahwehs? What?

Genesis 19:23-24

23) By the time Lot reached Zoar, the sun had risen over the land.

24) Then the Lord rained down burning sulfur on Sodom and Gomorrah —from the Lord out of the heavens.

So, where can we find sulfur?

A number of astronomers believe the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah involved comet activity. Dr. John S. Lewis, a retired professor of Planetary Sciences at the University of Arizona and Co-Director of the NASA Space Engineering Research Center at the University of Arizona, is one scientist who believes that the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah was caused by cosmic bombardment (Rain of Fire and Ice: The Very Real Threat of Comet and Asteroid Bombardment). Genesis 19:24 says, "Then the Lord rained upon Sodom and upon Gomorrah brimstone and fire from the Lord out of heaven." "Brimstone (burning sulfur) and fire raining down from heaven" could be a description of the break up and disintegration of a comet in the Earth's atmosphere above these ancient cities, since large chunks of rocky and icy material falling from heaven would be seen as fire raining down from heaven. In addition, cometary material is rich in sulfur. Even a small meteor fall can produce a smell of sulfur that is so strong that it is almost suffocating.

m.blogs.christianpost.com...

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Did you know that the the virgin birth of Christ is a later interpolation and corruption of the beliefs of early Christianity perpetrated by the Catholic Church? This is the myth of the "golden child" in:

Egypt: Isis and Horus imagery virtually identical with Catholic Mary and Jesus;

Imagery is man made and is not a reliable source for anything. As for any virgin birth connection...

However, when the actual writings about Horus are competently examined, this is what we find:

• Horus was born to Isis; there is no mention in history of her being called “Mary.” Moreover, Mary is our anglicized form of her real name ‘Miryam’ or Miriam. “Mary” was not even used in the original texts of Scripture.

• Isis was not a virgin; she was the widow of Osiris and conceived Horus with Osiris.

www.gotquestions.org...

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   
the root word of Mary is ma
which is a common word in soooo many languages around the world
kali ma, ama, mama, matre, married, etc

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined

• Isis was not a virgin; she was the widow of Osiris and conceived Horus with Osiris.

www.gotquestions.org...

It's true that she wasn't a virgin, but Horus was born a miaculous birth much like Jesus.

She made to rise up the helpless members of him whose heart was at rest, she drew from him his essence, and she made therefrom an heir.

Horus was thought to be of the same essense as Osiris and Ra. They were the same but different the same way Jesus and his Father were the same but different.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Sources?

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by OGOldGreg

sorry, I thought I put the link in there. The quoted portion is towards the bottom. www.sacred-texts.com...

Also when I say it's true she's not a virgin I mean it metaphorically. There are many ancient sources that refer to Isis as a virgin or "The Great Virgin" as a title. These include the texts at Abydos Temple of Seti I dating from the 13th centuey B.C.E and The Pyramid texts.

edit on 9-5-2012 by wearewatchingyouman because: add

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by 1nOne

again, no!
Astrology starts with a constellation 180* from where the mazzaroth starts and ends (maiden-leo).
They did not borrow from astrology.
Astrology is the mystery religions counter to the gospel story began from Adam Seth and Enoch's version found in Mazzaroth. Yes in babylon this is where the apostasy was formed and brought out with them but in no way depicts a beginning but an apostasy. What we know today is astrology, that which was born from babylonian captivity and incorporated leading to the talmud in the same way that Mazzaroth lead into the law from Moses and the prophets.
There is an objective original that you are definately and correctly alluding to. You just want it to be something that might not be the original. Mazzaroth is said to be dated to Adam Seth and Enoch who devised it to pass on the gospel story that was related to them for coming generations. Before writing. It shows a universal truth. This is why it is found in almost, if not all, cultures. So it isn't so much that mazzaroth is the beginning of it. It is evidence that the story existed then for it to be transliterated in 12 constellations with 12 decans each telling a story that is either borrowed from other cultures or provided to them from the very beginning from Yah. I choose to believe the latter, and that all cultures knew of it from them and passed onto all generations from there.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by manna2

Exactly, you are choosing to believe. There isn't even evidence that Adam existed.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Just go's to show that all modern religions a BS and those that follow them are
morons and need to be lead because they are to stupid to think for their selves
and thus deserve all they get!

It also proves that all the millions of deaths (still ongoing) wars and persecution
about who's imaginary friend is right is a monumentally evil waste propagated
by evil men devoted to nothing more than obtaining and keeping absolute power
by brainwashing and controlling the dumb ignorant masses in all corners
of the world.

It makes me sick.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by 1nOne

I enjoyed the read 1nOne, Thanks

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by 1nOne

Did you know that the 12 tribes of Israel and the twelve disciples of Jesus represent the 12 signs of the zodiac? As do the 12 Olympian gods; the 12 sons of Odin; the 12 names of Hindu sun deity Surya; the 12 Imams of Islam; and the 12 sons of Jacob in the Old Testament....

Did you know the Zodiac is based on the much older Jewish or Semitic Mazzaroth ?

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   

edit on 9-5-2012 by quedup because: (no reason given)

This Audio Book is packed with information:

edit on 9-5-2012 by quedup because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1nOne
reply to post by orbitbaby

Yes, Satan being god of this world, hence the longevity of and the widepread power structure of the Catholic Church. Historically, true Christians have always been quickly silenced and exterminated: point in case the Marcionites of the 2nd - 3rd c , the Bogomils and Cathars shortly after the turn of the first millenium AD.

Religion.... and that's something I REALLY wanted to talk about in my latest thread regarding my theory of the past, present and the future.

Let me be the one to just say, Religion is a distraction. A way to easily deceive people to go along with their plan. And yes, I'm talking about TPTB. With Religion, people don't question authority and more often then not; FORGIVES people for whatever is done onto them out of "fear" of being sent to hell, to be tortured for all enternity. According to the Bible, we view our Elites/TPTB as "Satan" because THAT is excatly what they want you to believe so they may carry out their agenda. They continue to get rich off all of us, control us, fight over everything on this planet all the while; we just think to ourselves that Judgment day is near and sooner or later God will punish them all, sadly that isn't the case. They know things that we do NOT know, and are very secretive about it because the world cannot handle the truth. You'll have to read my thread "My Theory on the past, present and future" for more information about this.

The Bible and many other religious texts has been re-written and copied from one another over the years probably to use the best possible method that has worked for them in the past and possible even improvise on it a little bit. If you have read my thread regarding my theory, than you should know that my theory is maybe after 100-1000 years after the cycle; they will reintroduce religion into the World once again so they can form their secret societies and collect knowledge and everything before the next cycle all the while, controlling the people as if they were blind sheeps.

Link to my Theory is in my signature. I wanted to talk about Religion along with it, but I knew it would be too much so I just took the Religion part out of it. I saw this thread, and decided to post my "Religion" point of view in this thread instead, although no clearly explained because I didn't have the chance to think and choose my words carefully.

Regards,

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join