It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What sort of education do us ATSers have?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by 42sadhu

I graduated from the college in Winterhold. Then I took an arrow to the knee.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I did the whole community college thing because my parents didn't have the money to send me to a big school. I have my Associates in Criminal Justice, Currently a Corrections Officer. Would like to change that to Police Officer but looks like it will take a while.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Irish614

That's pretty good man ... i have lots of LEOs in my extended family ... it can be a noble path as long as you maintain respect ... good luck

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

I agree completely ... just wishing you not to give up ... Its possible ... I took out 1 semester of loans and made good grades then have continued floating on scholarships ... that 1st semesters loans are already paid ... but try everything you can college not only tries to impart knowledge but it really does open up doors of oppurtunities and relationships that you could never gain otherwise ... good luck man

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Irish614

Good luck...I hope you realize your dream!!

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by 42sadhu

BS CIS Network Security

CCNA

Air Launched Missile Technician

Precision Guided Munitions Technician

Hazardous Material Management Technician

Explosives Safety Manager/Inspector
edit on 8-5-2012 by OptimusSubprime because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by OptimusSubprime

WOW! ... handy skillset i would assume

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by 42sadhu

WOW! ... handy skillset i would assume

I suppose it comes in handy... most of that training happened back when I was in the military and of the opinion that I was actually defending America. As it turns out, I was only a pawn in a global game of risk, with the sole intention of imperialistic nation building and making CEOs richer, but I digress...

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by 42sadhu

Without giving out names, would you by any chance be a particular female from Prague who lived in Florida.

Peace.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by cerebralassassins

HAHA ... and that is officially the strangest questin ive ever been asked ... no I am a guy from a tiny little town with a pop. of 361 lol you should be able to figure that out

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   

That scared me a little

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   

What does that mean? Do you repair and service those machines, or what? Titles give no information unless they look like "Piano Tuner" or "Penguin Breeder."

While I am not a penguin breeder, I do mathematical research--specifically Galois theory--and write papers for a professor. Someday I will have people writing papers for me. As for the topic this implies I have at least one of them low-level college degrees

edit on 8-5-2012 by Tadeusz because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tadeusz

What does that mean? Do you repair and service those machines, or what? Titles give no information unless they look like "Piano Tuner" or "Penguin Breeder."

While I am not a penguin breeder, I do mathematical research--specifically Galois theory--and write papers for a professor. Someday I will have people writing papers for me. As for the topic this implies I have at least one of them low-level college degrees

edit on 8-5-2012 by Tadeusz because: (no reason given)

I performed maintenance and repaired air launched missiles. I also loaded/downloaded armed/dearmed them on fighter jets. I built laser guided and GPS guided bombs, as well as many other types of bombs.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   
24 years old - Graduated from high school.. Finished university last year with a bachelor of business (property).
Right now however I have gone in another direction and I'm launching a web store for my brothers fishing/tackle shop

edit on 9-5-2012 by knightwhosaysnih because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by 42sadhu
Hello all ... i have been curious as to the level of education here on our boards. So I thought a good idea would be for everyone to share their credentials and expertise in certain feilds so we can have an idea of who to turn to for questions regarding certain topics. Anything counts really, college, tech school, travels to other countries, or even foreign languages. I really hope many will participate in this thread as it could be very useful. Thank you all and i will start.

currently I am about 48 credit hours away from graduating university with my BA in middle eastern studies and my AA in global politics

I am a member of my university's model U.N. delegate ... we travel extensively for our courses

i speak 6 languages english, arabic, hebrew, kurdish, russian, spanish, and french. am currently persuing my 7th esperanto which i encourage everyone to learn due to its ease

i have been to 13 countries outside of the U.S.

i have studies abroad at the American Universities in Amman, Jordan and also in Haifa, Israel and recieved credits from both

I have served as a model U.N. delegate in Prague, Czech Republic

my future focus is obviously in the world of international politics and i honestly believe i can make a difference

wowzer! first of all, kudos! you've worked your arse off, obviously!!!! very impressive background, especially with the languages....and caring to make a difference...double kudos!!!!

I hold a Bachelor of Science in Psychology....I could had had a Bachelor of Arts as I took French...but decided to take more and more Science classes, because I believe in treating mind, body, and soul....as anything biological problem can affect the other domains....plus, I thought it would be funny to say, "I have a bs in Psychology" as I'm very full of it and do tend to use a lot of BS...ha! -I also have almost a second degree in undergrad in Elementary Education.....Reading and Art focus....I hold a Master of Arts in Marriage and Family Counseling....and almost a second Master of Arts degree in Music: vocal and piano focus. -the remaining education has been via experience and vicarious! I'm of the sort that believes learning is a continuous process and should never stop. I don't believe I know it all...and wish I knew more.....

fun question, thanks for the thread and for letting me participate! -Hope you accomplish all that you have planned and set your heart and mind toward!!!! since you know some Hebrew, I'll close with: Shabbat Shalom! :-)

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by WhovianGirl

yofi!! ... tova maod ... shabat shalom lecha ve shalom lekolam

thank you very much and you as well

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I taught myself anything I needed to know. but i'll probably go to university eventually for a music degree or something i'm not entirely sure I even need to though since my main professional goal is to compose and produce for a blockbuster movie.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Meh. Some of you may laugh, but I got accepted to Yale, specifically their undergrad for Ethics, Politics & Economics.

I did an entire year before dropping out. I passed all my courses, just couldn't deal with two of my Professors. Both lied incessantly about the Iraqi war. I was there and just couldn't deal with that.

So I bailed for "home" (where my family is anyhow) and am attending the University of Texas. Currently I'm going finishing out my stint at the McComb's Business School, majoring in International Biz.

Next up is my JD, which I plan on getting from UT as well. I'd like to go into legislative law and nail me some Politicians to some crosses, so to speak.

Other than I have US Army Combat Certs...

That was a totally different kind of education.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join