It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Aliens & The Riddle of the Missouri Mystery Mound

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+38 more 
posted on May, 8 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
This is a curious story filled with many mysteries. When you find a story that contains aliens, ancient civilizations, an ancient Hall of Records beneath the earth, the Ark of the Covenant, King David, reptilian Gods, and much more, it's just too good not to start a thread about.

This story may seem a little "out there", but it is rather interesting. Below are a few lines from the article that will hopefully capture your attention. Please visit the link and read the whole story. There is much more to this than what is posted here (more pics at the link).

mysteriousuniverse.org...

I first heard of the Missouri Mystery Mound at least ten to fifteen years ago on a now-defunct website. The website claimed the Mound was the Hall of Records, although it didn’t specifically say whose hall of records. The Atlanteans? The great mound building cultures of North America? Egyptian? Mayan? Or some race of peoples lost to time? I’m from Missouri, and if an ancient civilization’s hall of records sat under the soil of my state, I needed to know. Trouble is, I couldn’t find the man who said he had discovered it.

Until now.

“(The shaman) was telling this story about how this Indian who had come to him while he was doing some exploring,” Teague said. “This Indian took him to this place back in the back woods to a hall of records under a mountain.”

The shaman told Bell this Indian guide showed him temples and 10,000-year-old artifacts under that mountain, but he didn’t know the location.

“They blindfolded him until they got there, then when he left so he couldn’t get back to it,” Teague said. “But he knew approximately where it was.”

But who carved the Mound? Teague thinks the identity is carved into the landscape of the Mound itself, the gray alien pointing to a star. “Not only did they built it and carve it 20,000 years ago, they go back and re-carve it over and over again,” he said. “Carve mountains and valleys? We couldn’t do that. It’s not natural; it’s alien formed. I’m convinced at that.”

Teague is convinced the bearded man is King David. “David, the shepherd king, allowed the Arc of the Covenant to be taken to Ethiopia. In ancient times they took it on a boat in Ethiopia, around the Gulf of Mexico to the Mississippi River, and buried it in the Hall of Records in the Missouri Mystery Mound. “I believe the Arc of the Covenant is buried at the Missouri Mystery Mound. That’s my theory. In antiquity someone carved out the mounds because that’s where the Arc of the Covenant was to be taken.”

“To me this is the most sacred mythological site in America that nobody knows about. There’s some sort of energy there that keeps it quiet,” he said. “You’d think there’d be archeologists all over the damn country wanting to investigate the place, but nobody wants to go up there and look at it.”

I do think that the alien pointing at the star picture at the link may be a little of a stretch, but the story as a whole is something worthy of a little investigation. I'm curious if we have any members on ATS in Missouri that may know a little more information on this. I don't live too far away, and I'm actually planning a trip to Missouri in a few weeks. This might be a great ATS roadtrip for me to gather a little additional information...if possible.

S atellite View
edit on 8-5-2012 by isyeye because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   
let me be the first to S&F this thread
just for the fact this tale is unfamiliar to me.

As the group walked back to their vehicle, two truckloads of men cut them off from the front, and rear. “Everybody was carrying all kinds of guns,” Teague said. “They stopped and looked at us and wanted to know what we were doing. We said we had a Cherokee.” The men allowed Teague’s group to leave, but he got an impression as to who they were. “It’s meth labs and drugs. What else could it be? I don’t think they’re smart enough to know what’s going on back there.”

I don't understand "we had a cherokee" ? like they were with a native or driving the jeep model vehical...?

As Teague showed his friend some of the anomalous stone works of the Mound, two men appeared from nowhere and invited them to follow them to explore a nearby cave. Teague agreed, but when the men left, Teague and his friend walked to their vehicle and drove away. He knew if he went to that cave, they would have killed him. “The thing about the Wall. I thought something was important about it. Whatever the Wall is they protect it for some reason. I think that’s where the entrance is.”

Okay ...so who'd he think then men were..?
and more over why would they have to kill him?

And they probably never will, even if they ask Teague. He doesn’t plan to go back. “This place is so fantastic, and I am not even seeing anything but the McDonald’s sign. We’re not even seeing the inside of McDonald’s, the inside of the mountain. Good lord. But if I went back in there, I’d be killed,” Teague said. “If you go up there you’d better go with a big-assed guns. You’d better be armed.”

what has Mr. Teague so convinced he be killed
if he goes back...? wouldn't you want to go back to such a "Fantastic" place?

I may have missed it but when was Teague doing this?
the story is kinda vague .... when I 1st started reading
I thought Teague was doing this in the early 1900's
until he mentioned methlabs...

So this must be within the last 15 years ?
Op any idea of the time Teague did his exploring?
edit on 5/8/2012 by spoonbender because: (no reason given)

edit on 5/8/2012 by spoonbender because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by isyeye

I'm from there and still live in the state. But I hadn't heard of this before . I'll see if I can find the location and while on vacation try to check it out.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by isyeye

Tell you what, if we have never heard of it (which I haven't) then there is probably something there worth a look! This is a very intriguing story, and I would love to hear more about it.

If you have time in your travels to Missouri, I think this would be a fantastic site to investigate.

Let us know if you come up with anything as I will be looking into this a little more also..

Great find....S&F

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I've never heard of this site. And I thought I was pretty familiar with most of the ancient sites around the Americas. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Pretty interesting stuff. I hope others from the area can dig up some more information. I wish I lived up there, I'd do some investigating for sure. Keep us up dated.
Star and Flag for ya!

TXML

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Here's a link that has a little more information on the Missouri Mystery Mound, and a few related links...really interesting.

www.treasurenet.com...

At the beginning there was a great mound. It was called Nanih Wiya. It was from this mound that the Creator fashioned the first of the people. These people crawled through a long, dark cave into daylight. They became the first Choctaw

Excerpt- "It seemed a man named Charles Teague had been searching for what he thought were clues in search of the so called "Holy Grail", when he stumbled upon an area in the Missouri Ozarks, he had named "The Missouri Mystery Mound". Upon contacting Charles, he described to me, many years of thoughtful research, into an ancient hall of records and through much trial and error, had discovered what he thought to be something very interesting."

Charles Teague at Giant Face- Charles and I kept in touch sometimes daily, and the information we exchanged became more and more mysterious. Charles seemed very pleased with his latest find and rightly so. He began taking more and more visitors to the Mound, in the hope of insightful opinions. One visitor in particular by the name of Ron Pastore, www.prophecykeepers.com... who Charles explained sent him a copy of an agreement, he wanted Charles to sign, that would effectively, shut Charles personal explorations down, and those of his team members. This agreement would mean that Charles had to discontinue his own web site, entitled The Missouri Mystery Mound, and hand over all material related to the Mound Project. The agreement Charles immediately sent to me, as we had become partners in research and I explained to Charles he could do what he wished with his material, but I was not giving up my research or my photos, to someone I didn't even know! The agreement is as follows;
(see link below for the agreement)

www.treasurenet.com...

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Interesting read. The guy seems a bit paranoid, but I can understand why. It would be nice to have a LARGE group of heavily armed individuals go up there an investigate the area. If it's chalk full of meth labs though, there could be a problem. If something is this important and unknown, you'd think someone would be willing to go. I can't wait for my son to finish college, because when he's out of the house, I'd go investigate something like this!

S&F!

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Very interesting story. Makes me wish I lived in Missouri. Hanging out in a mysterious cave and getting in gun battles with redneck tweakers......what more could you ask for in an adventure?

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Any coincidence Missouri has a "Mound City" (en.wikipedia.org...)?

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by MysteriousHusky
Any coincidence Missouri has a "Mound City" (en.wikipedia.org...)?

funny they don't say how they came about with the name...
nor does it say whether there is a mound nearby

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I've been looking into this mystery, and here's a comment about Charles Teague that I came across. So far, his research seems at least a little credible, and that he's had government officials knocking on his door makes this a little more interesting...Is this guy on to something?...

I'm finding alot of information about him in regards to "backwards reading", of which I know little of. I'll post some more information about it as I come across it.

spookyweirdness.tribe.net...

The Discussion on the color of Satan is a debate on a researcher who contacted me about how the color relates to evil and the esoteric "M"

I said let's talk about it and read the article on www.farshores.org
for the reason of to see if it's a valid approarch.
(Reason being Charles Teague is a pretty good researcher and investigator)

Not because I know him but because I know he personally investigated the MMM Missouri Mystery Mound and had goverment officals knocking on his door.
You can look up Missouri Mystery Mound on your computer and anyone that went to see it or investigate it Charlie's name comes up.

*I would say then that he's up on his game!

Judging from the above comment, at least a few people respect his research and investigations. I'm still digging up more information on this story and Charles Teague...We'll see what we find.

Here's some more interesting reading material on this:

Serpents and the New Madrid Fault
groups.yahoo.com...

Upon studying Sacred Mounds of Missouri I came across the Missouri Mystery Mound this is the one that archeologist Charles Teague and his "merry men" are treading upon searching for the "Hall of Records" from the lost civilization of Mu.These mounds and effigies are in New Madrid.Just glancing upon the aerial photos of them and symbols on his site (which is now suffering from attack and has basically disappeared along with the human server) I became quite ill and had to battle a severe attack.So i left it alone realizing of big danger there.He and his merry men are starting to suffer many strange phenomena from not realizing SPIRITUALLY the sacred ground they are dealing with and starting to piss this ol injun off with what they may be bringing upon us and the New Madrid area.Oh i dont discount the fact that he was on right track about civilization of Mu considering the mounds and effigies that are there of Posiedon ,Ant people(ET's) and serpent mound that was severed in half by white mans highway.He even tried to get aid in searching mounds from NA Elders who wouldnt once they realized where they were set foot into this area.Now combined with New Madrids recent activity and what I learned in recent past it is hard to deter from this one.I can go alot more in depth about what I have learned here but too much to post.Just wanted to warn Blueotter for heads up as to what was goin on there in our own back yard.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Is it the one close to Popular Bluff? These Ozarks are full of treasure. Be warned hopeful splunkers...Tis illegal in this state to remove artifacts. Even partial arrowheads.

ETA. Just found out it is in Saline county. Here is a map (not of the mound specifically but the general area) I was thinking of a different mound.
edit on 8-5-2012 by PutAQuarterIn because: Can't talk about it...squirrels are watching

PS. the link shows correctly when I preview my post but when I hit enter the link shows up like this. HELP!
edit on 8-5-2012 by PutAQuarterIn because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Ok, if I missed it, somebody please point me to where this is located! I am in SE Missouri, and would be happy to take a day trip and try to at least locate something!

Thanks OP! I hadn't heard of this before, and have lived here for 25 years.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by edaced4

I live between Springfield and Rolla, and would really like to check this place out too! Shall we organize an amateur expedition? The more people that could attend, the better for an increase in safety, credibility, and likelihood we actually find the place.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I am in. Very interested but feel like we would find what we seek better with reverence, meditation and a little preparedness rather than guns and attitude. Let me know.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Wow quite a few folks from Missouri. Surely out of the bunch, someone can take a little time to check things out.
That was a good idea mentioned earlier. The more the merrier and safer. I'd say its worth a try.
Heck, I'll join via skype.

JoKe! I don't even know how to use it

TXML

Come on y'all, take one for the team!

edit on 8-5-2012 by txMEGAlithic because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   
That sounds like great fun! My kin are from the Mena area...Great Grandpa came from Germany and settled there in 1903 or thereabouts. The land itself is pretty amazing. I've loved going to Devil's Den National Park and even further north, all the way to the state line of MO. Star and flag, OP. What ever comes up, I'll be watching!

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by jestikal
reply to post by edaced4

I live between Springfield and Rolla, and would really like to check this place out too! Shall we organize an amateur expedition? The more people that could attend, the better for an increase in safety, credibility, and likelihood we actually find the place.

I found some interesting information that could help you find this. This is a very detailed account from Charles Teague. Be ready for a lot of reading! Along with mystery clues provided by Indian reversals to deciphor. You will feel like Indiana Jones, that is for certain!

Missouri Mystery Mound

Even today I'm not sure what it is I have found and what its significance is. What first piqued my interest was the interview with an Indian shaman and mystic who was on a life quest to find and explore ancient sites in North America. His goal was to map these ancient sites and use this knowledge to protect them and also to achieve a higher level of spiritual awareness.

On one further note, the mound is over a quarter mile long and wide. This is an enormous enigma. As for now, I await further developments before I proceed to the next level. We must proceed carefully, but not tarry in our quest, because there are ominous signs on the horizon that behooves us locate this ANCIENT HALL OF RECORDS BEFORE IT IS TOO LATE!!!!!

May (2012) starts with the letter "M", which also starts the words in the name Missouri Mystery Mound (MMM). Mystery also starts with the letter "M". From all appearances, May is going to be the month in which new revelations about the MMM will begin to appear here at P & M. What Charles Teague has found is on par with the Nazca lines in Peru, and raises the same questions: If it was all meant to be visible only from the air, who had the flying machines to see it? Let's hope we can learn something about the creators of the MMM by studying the fantastic art gallery they left behind.

This is a link for the same site listed above using a search keyword for the pictures. Absoluetly tons of pictures!

Pictures from the Missouri Mystery Mound!

Oh and BTW, S&F for OP. Great find!
edit on 8-5-2012 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by elouina

Great link! I'm going to do some reading and I'll be back for further comments.

Thanks for finding that.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by isyeye

At the end of my last post, I added a link for oodles of pictures too. So don't miss it! There is even a satellite pic of the mound!

Oh my goodness.... There is a treasure trove of info at that site! Here are even more links!

MISSOURI MYSTERY MOUND: GREATER IMPLICATIONS

Missouri Mystery Mound - Totems

MMM - Spirits of The Mound

I am listening to Charles Teague on Blog talk Radio right now. Awesome!

Blog talk Radio Charles Teague, Exposes The Mystery in Missouri

edit on 8-5-2012 by elouina because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join