It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's this glowing thing floating over the ocean?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Here's a video allegedly taken over the ocean off the Australian coast. It shows a roundish, glowing mass floating through the sky. What makes this one worthwhile, in my opinion, is the play-by-play report from the guy recording it. My money is on this thing actually being in the sky. So the question remains, what is it?

I've asked the person who posted it on YouTube if he can provide any more information on the video. He's apparently not the one who shot it. Here's his YouTube page. Extremely odd selection of videos there, but nothing else UFO-related.

edit on 8-5-2012 by Orkojoker because: added text

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Think that's the moon. It is hard to get a true perspective, because they are filming over the water. Looks like blood on the moon to me, but that's just one man's opinion.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   
WARNING: THIS VIDEO MAY BLOW OUT YOUR EAR DRUM.

As for the object in question, I have no idea what that could be. Possibly swamp gas?

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Resembles the norway spiral that was all over the news awhile back

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Coniuratus

Well, the moon doesn't actually fly away into the distance and disappear--not on most nights. In fact, I don't really remember the last time it did....

edit on 5/8/2012 by Ex_CT2 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by goochball
WARNING: THIS VIDEO MAY BLOW OUT YOUR EAR DRUM.

As for the object in question, I have no idea what that could be. Possibly swamp gas?

I'm thinking Chinese lantern....

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Looks just like a lens flare to me.

It even moves with the cam. Pretty obvious.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaTroof
It even moves with the cam. Pretty obvious.

It certainly does not move with the cam....

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   
That is a most unusual object!

I watch a lot of UFO videos and I've never seen anything like that before.

Wonderful find in my opinion - thanks for this.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by DaTroof

There are times it definitely does not move with the camera. Also, things at a great distance sometimes give the appearance of moving with the camera. I'd suggest having another look....

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by goochball

Try watching the video again. This time watch for the flare to jiggle when the camera does.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   
To me it looks a lot like an object in orbit that has released some kind of gas or vapour.
I've seen the shuttle do it once, myself.

Edit - here's a video from a few years back of the Shuttle Discovery doing this...

Obviously, unless the video in this thread is an old one, it isnt the shuttle we're talking about here... but its the same principle at work with a different satellite. The ISS maybe.

edit on 8-5-2012 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Orkojoker

Reminds me of another video previously covered that got explained by some as the Soyuz rocket launch(that failed). However, that was not certain, as no official confirmation was attained. Maybe this is a rocket launch as well? If not, i doubt the other one was one either. Let me see if i can find the clip..

Edit: Here it is. www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 8-5-2012 by NeoVain because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Another orb....Why can't they show themselves already?

Maybe it was that object near the Sun.

Can't hide me now.

edit on 8-5-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Ex_CT2

The flying away could, again, just be perspective of the videographer. Don't know about you, but I've seen the moon disappear on a cloudy night. Or could it possibly be a search helicopter in the distance? Not everything is mysterious or paranormal. Not every video or strange happening is truth just because the parties involved say it is. I am not trying to say that it isn't some ufo, just saying that it is in the realm of possibility that it is nothing more than something that is seen everyday. You watch the video and see what you want, and I do the same, that's why this site is here. If everything was exactly what it seems, then there would be no use for us to be debating on a forum website about what something seems to be. That's why this site is awesome, it allows us to view things from different a spectrum, and speculate on what could be out there. I take away that this is nothing more than a naturally occurring light, seen from only one angle, that makes it seem extraordinary.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 01:35 AM
link   
June 4, 2010.
Falcon 9 launch.
www.redorbit.com...

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 03:54 AM
link   
It's the galactic federation of light. They channeled me and told me this.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

You may be on to something there, alfa. I'm guessing it's something like that.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by NeoVain
reply to post by Orkojoker

Reminds me of another video previously covered that got explained by some as the Soyuz rocket launch(that failed). However, that was not certain, as no official confirmation was attained. Maybe this is a rocket launch as well? If not, i doubt the other one was one either. Let me see if i can find the clip..

Edit: Here it is. www.abovetopsecret.com...

I think we have a winner. Looks really similar. Rocket launch, eh? Who would imagine a rocket could create such a spectacle. Awesome.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   

reply to post by OurSecretHouseCLUB33

Yes and there have been several others recently .. very strange

<<   2 >>

join