It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You Read It Here First: Muslim Brotherhood Help President Negotiate Release of American Held by Al-Q

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   
HEADLINE: AMERICAN AL-QAEDA CAPTIVE MAKES VIDEO PLEA TO OBAMA: ‘MY LIFE IS IN YOUR HANDS, MR. PRESIDENT’

WASHINGTON (The Blaze/AP) — In a video released Sunday by al-Qaida, American hostage Warren Weinstein said he will be killed unless President Barack Obama agrees to the militant group’s demands.

“My life is in your hands, Mr. President,” Weinstein said in the video. “If you accept the demands, I live; if you don’t accept the demands, then I die.”

Weinstein was abducted last August in Lahore, Pakistan, after gunmen tricked his guards and broke into his home. The 70-year-old from Rockville, Md., is the country director in Pakistan for J.E. Austin Associates, a Virginia-based firm that advises a range of Pakistani business and government sectors.

In a video message posted on militant websites in December, al-Qaida leader Ayman al-Zawahri said Weinstein would be released if the United States stopped airstrikes in Afghanistan, Pakistan, Somalia and Yemen. He also demanded the release of all al-Qaida and Taliban suspects around the world.

SOURCE

Anyone want to take bets that the next thing we hear in the news is how President Obama and his newly found friends he invited to the White House, the Muslim Brotherhood, have come to terms to help one another.

"In a gesture of friendship, the Muslim Brotherhood today announced they would help President Obama with the release of American Hostage Weinstein by negotiating with Al-Qaida leaders..." will be something in the byline of the news announcement.

I predict the Hostage will be the talk of MSM for at least the next 45-60 days, then, as the election grows closer, the White House will suddenly announce that its newly formed alliance and understanding of the Muslim Brotherhood has paid off, and has freed this poor, American from the grasp of the terrorists who have him in holding.

The Brotherhood was invited to visit the White House in early April:

White House officials met this week with envoys from the Muslim Brotherhood, in the latest sign that the Islamist group is returning to prominence in post-Mubarak Egypt after years in political exile.
White House Press Secretary Jay Carney said representatives from the organization met with "mid-level" officials from the National Security Council in Washington.
The meeting was held Tuesday, though it's unclear whether they met at the White House or elsewhere in the capital.
The Obama administration cast the decision to meet with Brotherhood representatives as a reflection of political reality in the country, since the group will play a "prominent role" in Cairo going forward.

Source

What better way for Obama to boost his chances of re-election, and, to soften the blow to the threat perceived by the Muslim Brotherhood?

Any takers?

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Mossad. Mossad.. mossad.. mossad. Cia. Cia.. cia .. cia.

If they found osama bin laden, they can find this man. You would think would you not?

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   
What can I say? We must get our man home safely. These kinda deals should be done out of our view but this is all political postering. That poor mans life depends on psycopaths...domestic psycopaths.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   
They do not take hostages. this is suspect. I feel for the mans family, but he knew the risk of going to the ME right now. And he works for a firm with headquarters in Virginia that conducts business in Pakistan, I think they have three initials. With the election coming up this should be interesting. And
edit on 7-5-2012 by bo12au because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by type0civ
What can I say? We must get our man home safely. These kinda deals should be done out of our view but this is all political postering. That poor mans life depends on psycopaths...domestic psycopaths.

From a humanitarian aspect, I agree 100% with you.

But from a political / governmental / national security issue, we can NOT negotiate with Terrorists.

The USA will be weakened by this action, which, if you are on the "down with the USA" band wagon, you would enjoy to see that. (not saying you, personally, but those who share that sentiment.)

However, I also am under a strong suspicion that this guy being held is a plant, an operative, to advance the cause stated above. Why is this week the first time we have heard about this hostage? According to the story, he has been there for several months.

He is a pawn. A chess piece. And he is now being "PLAYED"

That's my theory.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Well now I must retract an earlier statement I had made on another post.I am glad we are seeing a more humane face on this situation.
Thank you for your help.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by emberscott
Mossad. Mossad.. mossad.. mossad. Cia. Cia.. cia .. cia.

If they found osama bin laden, they can find this man. You would think would you not?

Absolutely, this play feels orchestrated from the jump.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 03:36 AM
link   
reply to post by phantomjack

You Read It Here First: Muslim Brotherhood Help President Negotiate Release of American Held by Al-Q

No I didn’t,

What I read was a prediction, you have zero evidence presented in your thread that the Muslim Brotherhood are actively negotiating the release of this hostage on behalf of America, your title is misleading. Your thread is also in the wrong forum I suspect because this is a forum to discuss terrorism what you have done hear is attempt to make a prediction. Your title does not match the content of your thread.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheCoin
reply to post by phantomjack

No I didn’t,

What I read was a prediction, you have zero evidence presented in your thread that the Muslim Brotherhood are actively negotiating the release of this hostage on behalf of America, your title is misleading. Your thread is also in the wrong forum I suspect because this is a forum to discuss terrorism what you have done hear is attempt to make a prediction. Your title does not match the content of your thread.

if you are trying to discredit me, try all you want. I am not going to debate you with respect to my methods. If you want to comment on the content of the OP, then do so. Otherwise, I do not need you to critique my thought process.

Let the moderators decide what to do with my topic/thread.

Otherwise, go away. You are beginning to annoy me.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I do agree with you, the Brotherhood is trying terribly hard to be painted as the 'good guys' and the White House needs that painting to since they are funding them with billions.

But you never know, they may have become in reality the backstabbing traitors they are, since their Palestinian branch announced recently that any war between Iran and Israel, that they will not be fighting with Iran, regardless of the fact that when their own sunni brothers would not support them Iran was there to help them. According to them the enemy of their enemy is still their enemy, even if this enemy helped them when no one else would.

So yeah, you may as well paint the Brotherhood red white and blue, adding a few stars of david to their new coat.

To Add:

The US better be careful though, they definitely bite.
edit on 8-5-2012 by Jameela because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
the muslim brotherhood is just a rebranded AlCIAduh which is a rebranded taliban which is just a rebranded...
just ask Zbignew Bryzynski Carter's ol Nat Security advisor..its all his baby

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
personally i see the president sending a reply to the terrorist like this. Dear hostage takers. We regret to inform you we will not be giving into your demands,But i have sent something to help you make a martyr out of our captive american citizen. OH and dear citizen we thank you for your sacrifice. Good day gentlemen.

top topics

join