It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fukushima fuel pool is urgent national security issue for America, 'top threat facing humanity'

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by RSF77
So when are people going to start getting ill and dying from this stuff?

This is of course the most important question. Some numskulls have posted that because we eat bananas - and they have enough radiation in them to set off a counter, we're fine with all of this radiation - they read it in a book no doubt. There is the issue of threshold, when do we reach too much and tip? We'll be eating, drinking, and more or less living in some form or man made radiation for ever - when will it be too much? Is it in this years TV models from Japan? How about your genuine chop sticks?

I would contend this; the issue is not whether folks die, dying is easy, suffering is hard, but rather what this does to the consciousness at large. Radiation alters the DNA, and while DNA is what programs the body and what happens on earth with it, it is not what sentient beings rely on as their consciousness form - it's an earth thing. That said, there are our personal instructions for "waking up" included in the DNA - in case you forget to, which is in the process of being used now by many. The question is how will the suffering affect this process, especially if a global economic, radiation and "other" events come to pass at the same time? Suffering tends to get people focused in the wrong direction - see 9-11 for an example.

For thought: Teller, when asked if the nuke dropped during WWII (In Japan no less...) was the first time a nuke had be used, he said "In modern times, yes." This has happened before, and the radiation we all contend is "natural" is probably not, so what did that or those events do to the human population? The bible contends we used to live 800 years or more - 65 and not decrepit is good now. One might contend that the last 2000 years of a major Dark Age was a reaction to some of that energy. Does our history favor us, via the collective memory, or not?

In the meantime, it seems we need to get a much better understanding of what is in the food, where, and in how much quantity - water as well and find ways to work around it. I suspect soon the Sushi business will be a relic of the past.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

WE are being Radiated as we read and write on ATS! Do you think it requires a full meltdown over there??? The radioactive plume in the water is spreading. The radioactive particles are in the air..... and its not the FIRST part of Every Single News Program on the Air???????? We don't need for the next earthquake to put us in danger, we are IN IT NOW!!!!!! Every nation on earth with resources to help stop the ONGOING poisoning of our water and air should be there even if we have to conquer Japan again to allow us to do so! They need to Quit covering their political and corporate asses there and let this be stopped in its tracks! The corporation in charge there is out of money so the work being done is negligible, for the most part. And this is good enough for us? The West Coast.... all the way to the East Coast is having Greatly Higher levels of radiation in various forms going on NOW!

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Great news conference. Enjoy your morning rad count!!

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Fukushima reactor No. 4 vulnerable to catastrophic collapse

Learn more: www.naturalnews.com...

WE dropped the ball on this one.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Of all the terrible news from the crippled Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant, reports about the spent fuel storage pool for reactor #4 may be among the most disconcerting for scientists. The pool held the entire complement of fuel rods from the reactor's core, which had been emptied 3 months before the 11 March earthquake and tsunami struck. And yet on 15 March the building exploded, apparently fueled by hydrogen, leaving nuclear engineers to speculate about the source. Adding to the confusion are reports of fires in the pool, a worst-case scenario that had never before occurred in a working nuclear plant. Unraveling the mysteries surrounding the #4 pool will require discovering why water levels there fell so quickly and whether the 230 tons of spent nuclear fuel melted in addition to catching on fire.
emphasis mine

Pool at Stricken Reactor #4 Holds Answers to Key Safety Questions

The full article is pay walled, so we are only able to access the abstract, but that indicates that the SFP at R4 is indeed one of the biggest problems at the site.

Before the Committee, Ambassador Murata strongly stated that if the crippled building of reactor unit 4—with 1,535 fuel rods in the spent fuel pool 100 feet (30 meters) above the ground—collapses, not only will it cause a shutdown of all six reactors but will also affect the common spent fuel pool containing 6,375 fuel rods, located some 50 meters from reactor 4. In both cases the radioactive rods are not protected by a containment vessel; dangerously, they are open to the air. This would certainly cause a global catastrophe like we have never before experienced.

If an earthquake or other event were to cause this pool to drain this could result in a catastrophic radiological fire involving nearly 10 times the amount of Cs-137 released by the Chernobyl accident. The infrastructure to safely remove this material was destroyed as it was at the other three reactors. Spent reactor fuel cannot be simply lifted into the air by a crane as if it were routine cargo. In order to prevent severe radiation exposures, fires and possible explosions, it must be transferred at all times in water and heavily shielded structures into dry casks.. As this has never been done before, the removal of the spent fuel from the pools at the damaged Fukushima-Dai-Ichi reactors will require a major and time-consuming re-construction effort and will be charting in unknown waters.

Situation at Fukushima Has Potential to, “Destroy the World Environment and Our Civilization”

These are scientific papers and scientists in the industry who are concerned with the SFP at R4 not reactionary bloggers with little background in the subject matter.

reply to post by crankyoldman

I went back and re-read your post and I don't think I answered your questions specifically.

sorry, to be clear: reactors 1-3 (built just as 4) did have spent fuel pools similar to 4. 4 was shut down for maintenance and did not get a meltdown but did expose the pool to catastrophe.

Correct, all six of the reactors have the spent fuel pools adjacent to the reactor wells in pools suspended in the air. R4-6 were shut down.

1-3 had some form of meltdown. The Rods contained in 1-3 are? How many were there - are there?

R1-3 were operating at full capacity when the earthquake struck. Each core was fully stocked with assemblies:

A modern BWR fuel assembly comprises 74 to 100 fuel rods, and there are up to approximately 800 assemblies in a reactor core, holding up to approximately 140 tons[vague] of uranium. The number of fuel assemblies in a specific reactor is based on considerations of desired reactor power output, reactor core size and reactor power density.
Wiki

A typical fuel assembly is made up of multiple rods arranges in a grid, these are then bundled together to form an assembly:

Again, the Caltech .pdf

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

S & F

On a personal note I found this video very interesting from a human point of view.

Fukushima Up Close and Personal - Yumi Kikuchi descibes first hand her experiences.

Description of video: Fukushima Up Close and Personal
An Interview with Yumi Kikuchi

Former successful bond trader-tuned-anti-nuclear-activist - and now Fukushima refugee - Yumi Kikuchi talks about her experience of the earthquake in Japan, her analysis of the industry/government cover-up of the true impacts of the Fukushima nuclear disaster, her organizing of evacuation efforts from the contaminated zones, and her family's relocation from rural farming in Japan to a new life urban farming in Hawaii.
For more info: yumikikuchi.blogspot.com...
english.globalpeace.jp...

Most people don't want to realize how drastically this along with the oil gushers and CorExit have already compromised our oceans, air and soil and how all this is going to affect all of us and our planet.

We are already seeing massive die offs of many species and have yet to see the DNA mutation concerning mankind.

Hello out there....................the light is red and flashing and everyone is walking around like business as usual.

And our media now reports more on what the stars wear and who they are bedding down with rather then our species is on the brink of obviation.

Below is a more heady but scary video by Dr. Helen Caldicott who I find fasinating.

Description of video:

Few people know that the Pacific Northwest got whacked hard by fallout from the Fukushima disaster with radiation rates hundreds of thousands of times higher than normal background radiation. The damage from this is not something that the corporate media or the government is talking about. It mysteriously disappeared from the radar almost immediately. Dr. Caldicott referred to this as a process of "cover-up and psychic numbing." Looks like it may be working. The Nuclear Regulatory Commission just approved two new nuclear power plants this week (4/2/12) in South Carolina in addition to the two approved earlier this year in Georgia. Dr. Caldicott talks about the dangers and hidden costs of nuclear power then tells the awful truth in minute detail about the actual scale of the Fukushima disaster and compares it to the nuclear disasters of Chernobyl and Three Mile Island. Recent studies estimated that a million people have died so far from Chernobyl. Dr. Helen Caldicott is a physician, Nobel Peace Prize winner, noted author, anti-nuclear power advocate and has founded numerous national and international groups which oppose nuclear power & weapons, including Physicians for Social Responsibility.
See also: www.helencaldicott.com

edit on 16-5-2012 by ofhumandescent because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   

My mother got two zaps in 1918 by a new X-ray machine that didn't have the low rems they have now for tonsillitis treatment.

Result:

Mother died at age 52 in 1963 of Thyroid/Lung Cancer...........found tumors the size of footballs (3) down to a million on the head of a needle. Working 9-5 one day, went in for exploratory surgery the next day and in the ground two days later. Took 44 years and affected her eggs inside of her. All girls have eggs in their ovaries when they are fetuses.

Brother born 3 cans short of a 6 pack, died at age 40 in prison for armed robbery. Never right in the head. Love him but his brain clearly did not function normally.

Sister dead at age 61 of colon cancer

Me, Congenital cataracts, cleft palate, all nerve ending in my ears that pick up consonants scarred and dead........I have since birth a high frequency hearing loss. Possible highly functioning Autistic. My doctor says I'm "normal" but I still wonder as I don't fit in with normal.

Son 1 (Grandson of mother zapped) ADHD
Son 2 (ditto) Autistic - high functioning above normal, almost genius.
Son 3 (ditto) Autistic - high functioning above normal, very level headed but cannot take any pressure.

Grand daughter, daughter of son 1 - ADHD

Radiation not only kills, it alters your DNA on a chromosome level for the rest of your blood line until scientists can figure out how to repair it.

When I was in nursing I was in a cancer ward and watched patients undergo radiation and chemo therapy, granted this was 30 years ago..............but some died from the radiation and it was not a fun way to die.

Average if you are in a nuclear war is a few days to a week maybe two if you are young and strong.

For those of us not at ground zero, maybe years................some at Fukushima have already died.

The unsung clean up crew.

Radiation poisoning is not a fun way to go, it's painful.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

Well, We can't let the Japanese get the upper hand on us. We need a bigger nuclear accident here in the states than they had. We need to be competitive, that's a part of capitalism. I'll have the earth send an earthquake to knock out two nuclear power plants here in the USA this weekend. It was bad enough letting the Russians get credit for Chernobyl, we can't be overdone again.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by ofhumandescent

My mother got two zaps in 1918 by a new X-ray machine that didn't have the low rems they have now for tonsillitis treatment.

Result:

Mother died at age 52 in 1963 of Thyroid/Lung Cancer...........found tumors the size of footballs (3) down to a million on the head of a needle. Working 9-5 one day, went in for exploratory surgery the next day and in the ground two days later. Took 44 years and affected her eggs inside of her. All girls have eggs in their ovaries when they are fetuses.

Brother born 3 cans short of a 6 pack, died at age 40 in prison for armed robbery. Never right in the head. Love him but his brain clearly did not function normally.

Sister dead at age 61 of colon cancer

Me, Congenital cataracts, cleft palate, all nerve ending in my ears that pick up consonants scarred and dead........I have since birth a high frequency hearing loss. Possible highly functioning Autistic. My doctor says I'm "normal" but I still wonder as I don't fit in with normal.

Son 1 (Grandson of mother zapped) ADHD
Son 2 (ditto) Autistic - high functioning above normal, almost genius.
Son 3 (ditto) Autistic - high functioning above normal, very level headed but cannot take any pressure.

Grand daughter, daughter of son 1 - ADHD

Radiation not only kills, it alters your DNA on a chromosome level for the rest of your blood line until scientists can figure out how to repair it.

When I was in nursing I was in a cancer ward and watched patients undergo radiation and chemo therapy, granted this was 30 years ago..............but some died from the radiation and it was not a fun way to die.

Average if you are in a nuclear war is a few days to a week maybe two if you are young and strong.

For those of us not at ground zero, maybe years................some at Fukushima have already died.

The unsung clean up crew.

Radiation poisoning is not a fun way to go, it's painful.

This is very much the point. There is a curious disconnect between the "radiation is in bananas and therefor can't be bad for you" and your story, as well as the story of nearly everyone that volunteers for the horrendous cancer "medical" treatment, Iraq's DU fiasco, Chernybol's fallout and on and on. I can't grasp how folks can insist their logical mind knows that radiation pouring into the ocean isn't an issue because bricks have radiation in them. There is a point at which there is TOO much radiation for us to exist a reasonable life, and without sounding crass in anyway, your families experience will be the norm when that tipping point happens. Shockingly, folks will still be baffled by what happened. The real tragedy is the medical world has managed, inexplicably so, to reduce the entire human health experience to: does it cause cancer? If it does not, then there is no problem and people just need to shut up about "feeling bad" or "hair loss" or the list of ills listed in this post.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Yep I hear and echo you on what you've said old dude!

This has happened before in olden times, hopefully it won't happen again in the future...

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 04:12 AM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

My state has more nuclear plants than any other.

However please be careful what you wish for, truly - I've seen people die from too much radiation and again, it's a painful way to go.

Yes I know you're being sarcastic, that hasn't gone over my head............but this is no laughing matter.

Our entire planet has been severely compromised, our entire species as well as many other species.

Laughing or making light of this isn't going to help.

We desperately need alternative methods of energy and not oil or coal either.

Safe journey.

edit on 17-5-2012 by ofhumandescent because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 04:33 AM
link   

your families experience will be the norm when that tipping point happens. Shockingly, folks will still be baffled by what happened. The real tragedy is the medical world has managed, inexplicably so, to reduce the entire human health experience to: does it cause cancer? If it does not, then there is no problem and people just need to shut up about "feeling bad" or "hair loss" or the list of ills listed in this post.

Quite right.

Like a dog, if he/she (I do not call any animal a it) pees on the carpet you must catch them right away and correct them or they don't realize action / consequence.

Unfortunately humans are the same way.

Radiation poisoning may take years to show the consequences but never the less the DNA on a chromosome level has been damaged or mutated - now we are talking tens of millions of humans (or more) to some extent will be involved.

Most people reading this will have had no experience with radiation poisoning.

I have and am a result of such.

My entire family, my DNA has been compromised.

At least my mother did not suffer, she didn't loose weight or become weak.

The last time I saw her I was nine. I knew when I hugged and kissed this gentle, sweet and wonderful soul, it would be the last time I would feel her warmth.

She has been dead for 50 years and not a day goes by I do not miss my beloved mother.

To us, the number of Japanese that will die from this, the number of the rest of us that die from this will only be a "them not me thank God statistic" but to each person out there, my heart goes out to you - losing a loved one is never easy.

You would think that looking at Chernobyl we would have learned.

Yes Chernobyl was a different case scenario - Fukushima is much worse. Do the research and thank you for your comments.

Safe journey friend.

I hope you are not affected as I have been.

Having three children that are not married, do not have a "normal/productive" life is as bad as burying a child.

With burying a child you at least can cling to the hope of what if he/she had grown up and become someone that could survive and take care of them self financially.

My oldest currently has a good job. Please send prayers and good thoughts our way that he continues to do good and keeps this latest job. There is power, I believe in numbers.

United we stand, divided we fall.

With a child that is deemed "abnormal", you love them but see they will not stay married, have normal kids, you watch your whole bloodline disintegrate before your eyes...............your DNA now compromised.

I will say one thing.

While my 3 sons and grand daughter have their "challenges" they are decent, kind, brave and wonderful human beings because my wonderful, patient husband and I tried to raise them to be decent, honorable human beings.

If you were drowning, my sons, any of the three, wouldn't stand around and watch, they would be the first ones to dive in and save you...........they are brave, kind and honest.

Seeing your DNA compromised is a fate worse (to me) then death.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 04:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

huge depopulation event.

Either that or a changing of our DNA................They call it transhumanizing.

FYI: Even the robots sent in are melting, that's how bad it is.

Good ideas though, good reply.
A lot to think about.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 04:54 AM
link   
reply to post by concernedcitizen519

Starred...............short and sweet, scary on multiple levels to a person that has a grasp of what is truly going on.

Yes, I woke up at 3AM Central USA Time and could not go back to sleep thinking on this.

My husband says when you get old you worry more, but Fukushima isn't going away.

The state my family lives in has the most power plants in the continental USA.

People don't seem to realize or care that nuclear energy is not clean and it's dangerous.

Now as this is a conspiracy site, research how many scientists and their family members that have come up with free, abundant, clean energy have met with fatal "accidents".

The current oil and nuclear energy companies are some of the biggest and most powerful corporations on the planet, they have humanity by the throat and it is always always always profit over people.

To the CEOs and stock holders, many in our government, the means always justify the end.

The richer and more powerful the person (usually not always) the more ruthless and psychopathic they seem to be.

I wonder deep within me, was this simply a random act of nature or something more?

Too many strange things are going on and I've been around almost six decades so I have the benefit of experience.

Many people that are younger only can gauge a few decades.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Hey Yankees - Fukushima is bad karma?
Looks like you might be getting some of your own back, retribution from Hiroshima and Ngagasaki in 1945.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 05:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Iamschist

The Nuclear Industry is covering up it's own sins, at everyone's risk.

Starred.

Sort of reminds you of BP doesn't it.

And how quickly we have forgotten Chernobyl. I won't even bring up the videos of the deformed children over there, that too is coming for Japan in the near future.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

I don't wish for any nuclear problems at all, I was just jesting. I feel sorry for those in Japan but also see they have closed all their nuclear plants pending review. That is a smart thing to do. They are having troubles in court now, the courts that are meant to protect their people are being used against the people by a few rich and powerful people.

Our laws need to be changed worldwide to protect people and nature from the greed of a few top people. Right now the laws are structured to require undeniable proof to suppress the actions of these corrupt people. I can't blame this on the Elite because being rich does not mean you are corrupt. Just as many poor people are corrupt as the richer people. There are factions of all classes of society that will step over others to get ahead and destroy any part of nature in their way to succeed. These people need to be eliminated from our world.

It is impossible for me to see the true nature of people. Being that I know that "all bad brings some good and all good brings some bad", I have to analyze things excessively to understand what will happen. It does seem that nobody is acting on the knowledge of the power plant disaster in Japan and correcting problems with their own facilities. They are still unaware that this can happen to them, blinded by their deceitful pride. A nuclear power plant failure does not only effect the local area, it effects a large area. Denying this fact doesn't make it less real, it only causes future instability of the world.

A nuclear disaster here in the USA is inevitable. There will be one because people have set aside caution for lack of evidence of failures of other plants in the US. All nuclear plants are extremely dangerous even though there is no proof that unforeseen things can happen. If three small and unseeingly unrelated things happen many could fail. Although these failures may not be catastrophic they could cause local problems. All the power plants designs should be analyzed by someone that has not been specifically trained by the people creating the power plants to verify their safety. Someone working with the system sometimes fails to comprehend flaws in their system. I know from building homes that I have to send someone else to check the nails on the roof sheathing before laying the felt. There is no way that even I knowing this can even check my own work. I cannot see the missed nails myself.

This same fact of lack of ability of one to see their own flaws is why we need inspectors to check the safety of others creations. We cannot have the fox guard the hen house either. Apollo has the key to the gates of hell, he is not evil he just has a job to do shortly when the time is right. Man appears not to be able to take care of this world. He is endangering all the life on the planet by his actions. I guess using an example of a god will make the content of my post discountable by many people, that's the way it is. I cannot do anything other than warn others of the suicide course that is forming. Isn't it possible to live on this earth and till it's soils for a garden without trashing it? Is the success of man judged on how badly we damage this planet.

Well, I'll be paroled from my prison sentence on this planet sometimes I hope. It would be torture to keep watching man's neglect for the environment for fifty more years. The swings we seem to follow in history always escalate beyond reasonable boundaries. With our technologies the consequences cannot be hidden from anywhere on this planet anymore. If there is an advanced race of advanced beings of any kind on this planet in any dimension I beg you for help to fix the problems that are occurring.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sailor Sam
Hey Yankees - Fukushima is bad karma?
Looks like you might be getting some of your own back, retribution from Hiroshima and Ngagasaki in 1945.

How is that bad karma for America when it will be harming Japan more than anyone else?
Not to mention the fact that many other parts of the world will be effected.

Your logic is flawed.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

A very insightful and good reply.

I am in agreement with you.

Fukushima after BP, CorExit (think about that name for a minute, who in sam hell named a chemical that and for what in your face reason?).

Something strange is going on all over the planet.

I've been here on this rock for almost 60 years and each decade just gets crazier and crazier.

Would just like things to calm down for a bit but it just doesn't seem like that's going to happen.

We live on such a beautiful planet and because of a few very greedy, immoral men/women with no honor or conscious, our planet is being systematically trashed.

Again starred your reply.

Video description:

Uploaded by DaveandNic4eva on Feb 22, 2010

SONG: Two Steps From Hell - Eria
I'm aware of the grammar mistakes in the introduction. I'm also aware that "it's" is an abbreviated version of "it is". I don't need a lecture on correct English. I was extremely tired and made a couple of errors regarding grammar. My mistakes don't take anything away from the sentiment of the introduction or video. I'm human, I make mistakes, deal with it.

This video was created by David Bayliss*

However, the majority of the footage used in this video is the property of TS Production LLC. The footage is freely available to download and distribute around the world.

* Most of the footage is that of TS production LLC, In this video I have re-mastered the quality, added visual enhancements, effects, adding secondary objects (suns etc), music, extended the video with more clips, titles, a much more. Therefore this video was created by myself but I do not claim to own the footage. I have not mixed any of the original footage around because it was already in the perfect order. If you believe all I have done is taken the original footage and added different music, you would be wrong. The overall quality, effects and feel to the video has been enhanced. In my opinion and those who have commented.

Safe journey.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
As long as the U.N. doesnt use Fuku as an excuse to disarm the entire world (except for THEM, of course)

If they do, then we will know.

Its a conspiracy.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join