It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fukushima fuel pool is urgent national security issue for America, 'top threat facing humanity'

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

If someone with all the technology you believe they have were to aim to destroy us, they could have done it by now. They could have done so with the oil spill too. It all could be so much worse than it is, but, it's...not.

I for one do not believe at all in this depopulation myth. "Oh, but the GA guidestones..." Blah blah blah. If you believe "they" lie every chance they get, then the simple answer is that the GA guidestone is a lie itself.

The more workers they have, the more desperate people become, and thus the harder they work for less. That is why I believe they keep as many of us around as possible. Only exception I know of is China, which restricts the number of children parents can have.

I think anyone believing in depopulation has been sold a lie.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Vandettas,

Maxmars

• We can't predict earthquakes, but there will surely be more;

• Vandettas
    Really? According to some people TPTB can, and so can
    seismologist. Care to clarify?

I can't recall any scientist (other than those scoffed at) who claim the ability to predict earthquakes. If they can be predicted, then nearly every life lost to earthquakes in the 'civilized' world is something like "reckless endangerment" on the part of TPTB.... Most scientists, including seismologists can use statistics to offer up 'likelihood' scenarios ... but that is a far cry from saying, "Next Tuesday, at 1300 hours, there will be a 7.2 earthquake at a depth of 100 kilometers."

Maxmars
    based on mass and material, any disaster will result in an unmanageable scenario

Vandettas
    I doubt it. This isn't a tsunami or a hurricane or a magnitude twenty earthquake, so
    I don't think it would be catastrophic.

Perhaps I misunderstood this:

..Scientists say that there is a 70% chance of a magnitude 7.0 earthquake hitting Fukushima this year, and a 98% chance within the next 3 years.

Given that nuclear expert Arnie Gundersen says that an earthquake of 7.0 or larger could cause the entire fuel pool structure collapse

The storage pool in the No. 4 reactor building has a total of 1,535 fuel rods, or 460 tons of nuclear fuel, in it. The 7-story building itself has suffered great damage, with the storage pool barely intact on the building’s third and fourth floors. The roof has been blown away. If the storage pool breaks and runs dry, the nuclear fuel inside will overheat and explode, causing a massive amount of radioactive substances to spread over a wide area. Both the U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) and French nuclear energy company Areva have warned about this risk.

So expecting trouble is not unreasonable in my estimation. As for the result of the storage pool's weakness causing that much spent fuel to be exposed and un-cooled; I find it hard to believe that you wouldn't recognize the danger... perhaps you can explain why it wouldn't cause a catastrophic reaction... 'cause I was kind of inclined to think it would.

Maxmars
    millions of lives are at stake

Vandettas
    Not even half a million died from Chernobyl...I'm guessing they would be smart enough to evacuate the area seeing as how they have so much information about it. Get out the way. You have all the time in the world. Or HAD.

Well, the numbers and effects on the population seem to justify some level of alarm... at the risk of hyperbole, if such a massive amount of radioactive material were suddenly ejected into the air, I expect millions would be affected... even an evacuation is a terrible thing to put communities through. Perhaps they might get enough time to evacuate, if we could trust TEPCO and their government 'friends' to admit the crisis were real in a timely fashion... but I am skeptical of that possibility.

Maxmars
    we are purposefully deprived of factual unfiltered data, and

Vandettas
    This I somewhat agree with. But what more can they report/sensationalize? They given us all
    they can in my opinion. Its either less crazy than they say it is, or its not even something to worry about.

There's something to be said for information that is, in and of itself, sensational; and 'sensationalizing' something that isn't. Either way (sensational or otherwise) , people can't be prepared if they are kept ignorant.

Maxmars
    many officials are exclaiming the serious nature of our failure to act proactively.

Vandettas
    Or their just scared and want someone to help them. Maybe this is why their saying "THIS WILL KILL THE ENTIRE HUMAN RACE AHHHHH". They want assistance.

It seemed to me that the last thing the central players want is any attention at all (ala BP oil spill) ... they would prefer we accept their assurances while they characterize any questions about the situation as 'the sky is falling' anti-nuke tree-hugging nut-jobs losing their grip on reality.

I don't begrudge you you're inclination to think this is all overinflated ... but I remain unconvinced that "they can handle it."

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 12:58 PM
    link   
    Is there a way to take a japanese student or something and bring them here to america I have an extra room in my house? Something I would consider if my roomate is cool with it too.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 01:01 PM
    link   
    I've only just read this and I live in Canada.. Please help.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 01:08 PM
    link   

Originally posted by cosmicpixie
    I've just finished watching a half hr video here Can't embed it sorry as it was on a website.Scroll down a bit when you land on the page and you will find it.

Anyone who thinks we should believe everything TEPCO says needs a brain transplant. I myself had little idea of some of the many lies they have been caught up in , the falsification of safety reports going back years ago, pressure and threats put on people who "knew too much" and so forth. Even the premier minister was kept in the dark on so many things. The vid is worth watching as a good introduction to what we are dealing with here on the corporate-level. Alot of it was just SHOCKING.

edit on 8/5/12 by cosmicpixie because: dznnmfb
    Wow Shocking isn't the words. Any who watchs that VID.Make sure to hit interactive transcript on Youtube.I didn't see subtitles on my screen. National security risk? Planetary Security RISK.
    quote from translated script in vid
    23:25
    If another earthquake occurs then the building could collapse and another chain reaction could very likely occur.
    23:38
    So, a meltdown under the free sky which would be the end of Japan as we know it today.
    23:45
    The radioation would be direct deadly.
    23:48
    The work on the ground would be totally impossible.
    23:51
    The most likely consequence is that reactors 1, 2, 3, 5 and 6 get out of control.
    23:58
    Armageddon!
    edit on 8-5-2012 by Mister1k because: adding a quote from the vid

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 01:10 PM
    link   
    reply to post by jadedANDcynical

I'm wondering, are all the reactors configured in the same way? Did 1,2,3 have the same SFP in the top area? If so, what happened? I guess I'm wondering if we have "proof" that the only spent rods available for destruction are currently in the pools...

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 01:28 PM
    link   
    If the SHTF, they won't tell us until after it is too late.

Maybe something can be done, maybe not.

Maybe they will, maybe they won't.

From all accounts, the situation remains very dangerous for humanity.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 01:30 PM
    link   
    The japanese are notorious for downplaying issues as to not cause panick and to save face internationally.

So now that they admit that this is a REAL problem that requires an immediate solution, then I'm inclined to believe them.

The slighest problem could cause a world wide catastrophe. It's not to be taken lightly.

~Tenth

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 02:19 PM
    link   
    reply to post by Clone23

Originally posted by jadedANDcynical
    reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

Japan uses the Shindo Scale rather than any sort of Magnitude Scale.

The main difference being that the scale that Japan uses measures the effects of a quake rather than the intensity of the energy released.

You could have earthquakes of different Magnitudes (M5 and M7, for example) but the same Shindo (say Shindo 5) depending on distance to the epicenter, depth, local geology etc. Even though the second hypothetical quake was the larger of the two, if it were further away the shaking would not be as severe as the smaller if it were closer.
    original post here

reply to post by crankyoldman

Reactors 1-4 are all GE MkI, reactor's 5&6 are GE MkIi which are very similar to the MkI but have a few safety upgrades. They do still employ the "hanging basket" type of spent fuel storage.

There have been several videaos posted to the Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake thread which show inspections of the SFPs of R4 and R3. I don't know if R1 & R2 SFPs have been inspected though.

All of the videos I've seen show the tops of the fuel assemblies along with substantial amounts of debris resting atop of those assemblies.

Search YouTube for spent fuel pool inspection and you should find several videos:

Another worrying video is the inspection of R2 pressure containmt vessel:

It shows no water where they expected it to be nearly full. This indicates the water has either been boiling off or leaking away through various cracks etc.

Not all of the "static," those are gamma strikes which are an indication of how "hot" it is in the PCV. Onl to be expected as somewhere down in the depths is a molten mass of nuclear lava.

Turdco has a long history of lying and corruption, verified through numerous news articles. That they are still allowed to "manage" this disaster is an measure of how far ranging that same corruption reaches into the oversight bodies who are supposed to ensure such corruption is excised.

Unless some sort of revolution takes place in the industry (and the organizations that are supposed to ensure safety) takes place, nothing will change.
    edit on 8-5-2012 by jadedANDcynical because: Edit video tag

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 02:29 PM
    link   
    Think of the irony of the human stupidity.

We spend billions of $ on trying to stop terrorism or trying to fight the drug war, and yet those things don't threaten our existence like mass pollution does.

But yet we don't barely spend anything in comparison fighting pollutants even the radioactive ones.

We put all our resources into political agendas based on false morality, meanwhile the real issues go ignored.

This is proof that our "leadership" is inept and irresponsible, because a legitimate leadership would openly admit to the problems we face and to divert our energy to combating those very real issues.

This whole thing is a joke because the real potential of humanity to overcome is ignored and sidelined while someones pockets are being filled with $$$$.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 02:57 PM
    link   
    We had our chance to invest in green energy. Scotland at the moment is planning to add more wind farms to our already extensive collection (largest in Europe?) but the move is being blocked by an American business man called Donald Trump who for some reason thinks he can stop this.

Instead of investing in green energy, we invested in Nuclear energy. A decision that has got to be up there with the top mistakes in human history.

Only humans can make the mistake of relying on technology that produces waste capable of eliminating all life on this planet in sickening ways without even planning on a way to safely dispose of this waste.

Greed will be our undoing, and it's a shame because it's only a select few who have made these decisions.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 03:21 PM
    link   
    We got a glimpse of how bad it was last year when they pulled that carrier back over a 100 miles away to escape the radiation. That was the DING-DONG event that tipped their hand to the severity of the situation.

I am not a prophet of doom or gloom, but the general area in Asia is really starting to circle the drain even faster. Japan's woes, the suffocating pollution from India & China, the level 7+ EQ that are just starting to stack up point to impending geologic event... it is really circling the drain.

Guess it is fair, how many thousands of elephants, rhinos and tigers are gone because of the purported medical qualities?

Derek

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 03:27 PM
    link   
    histclo.com... There was a ship poisoned by the Japanese.... They got smushed by accident as you continue to test our patients.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 03:28 PM
    link   
    These threads always give me the creeps ... Because they are the closest to the real apocalypse of mankind.. And not described in any transcript from the Maya to the depths of the pyramids, No just some damn stupid errors of us humans to build on nuclear facilities f....g fault lines ........... (*&^%$#@!

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 03:29 PM
    link   
    Haiti too... Bill

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 03:49 PM
    link   
    You know what I'm thinking when seeing these ATS headlines on the index? That they are OVERsensational, and by bringing them you want to make a conspiracy out of it FOR THE SHOW, well, 'for the show' must not be tolerated. It is but last I heard the reactor doesn't release anything dangerous any more.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 04:03 PM
    link   
    reply to post by Imtor

Please bear in mind - particularly in Breaking Alternative News... we do not create the titles. The title of each thread is identical to the headline of the story from which it is sourced.

So while they may be sensationalized in your opinion; (and often even in the opinion of the thread creator) this is not 'for the show.'

Also, I recommend that you read the thread contents to address some of your observations.

The reactor is not the issue here. It is the spent fuel containment pools that are the threat we are discussing, especially since very few others are discussing it in any meaningful way.

You are welcome to consider it hype,. it is your opinion to form - and neither I nor anyone else is here to change it. The purpose of discussion threads at ATS is to share information and opinions... not to 'create' opinions nor 'influence' others.
    edit on 8-5-2012 by Maxmars because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 04:07 PM
    link   
    FLY TO THE MOON OR MARS TO GET AWAY

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 04:36 PM
    link   
    reply to post by Maxmars

I don't know exactly WHEN they stopped ... but, TEPCO has marked the Fukishima webcam as "This video is private." I've been checking that webcam for many months and now ... POOF! TEPCO hid it.

http://(nolink)/TEPCO-TBS-JNN-Fukushima-Live-HD-Video-Stream-Webcam-Feed.html

Live Feed

Fukishima Nuclear Reactor Official- TEPCO and TBS JNN HD Live Fukishima Web Cam Feed

It's the web cam owner's right to restrict the feed ... but, it just makes the CT in us think twice as to "WHY?" and "What looks so different now that they have to hide it."

"no link" = http colon slash slash blog dot alexanderhiggins dot com

edit on 8/5/2012 by Trexter Ziam because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 04:49 PM
    link   
    reply to post by Maxmars

Well what the # are you waiting for guys? A nation in complete ruins, threatening your civilians!!! Why the hell aren't marines on their way to bomb the ever living # out of them. It's what y'all do best.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join