It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top General: Obama knew OBL's Hideout Since Summer of 2010 - Refused to Act

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Nobody knew for sure even when the did go it. They suspected but could get no solid proof he was in the compound. Several high ranking members of the military and intelligence community did not thing they should go until they had 100% confirmation because if the went and we was not there then they would be facing a hostile Pakistan with nothing to show for it. Obama took a big risk and turned out to be right. It easly could have gone the other way and Obama would have been the new Carter.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I'm not surprised.

There is a YouTube video somewhere out there from a few years ago of Biden where he gaffes about Osama being in Pakistan.
DOH!

Can't find it now.
I'm sure someone out there knows which video I am referring to.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
This guy has been retired for ever and hanging out at Fox News ever since. His brain has been damaged now. But heres a thread I did that has some interesting facts from the Osama raid. Obama seems to have gone all out on this raid. Hits on the guy who owned the house. Blowing up power grids. Shooting down aircraft. And a full atack force on stand by in Afghanistan on the tarmac if Pakistan tried any thing in return. He basicly put it on the line. Were getting him and we will go to war if you don't like it. Hows that for balls. But of coarse the media will not tell you that. Its a secret. And because its a secret Republicans think they can lie about it and do propaganda and get away with it. Like John O. Brennan saying OBL used his wife as a shield. Quickly corrected by the White House.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
The whole subject is ridiculous. They could have gotten him when Bush or Clinton was President. It's all for his election.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Found it!

Maybe Joe can see the future before it happens.?.?.

Gaffe-Prone Biden Strikes Again: Calls Mitt ‘President Romney’

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   
General Jack Keane retired in 2003... Obama came to office after this guy retired.. he loses a little of his intelligence cred if you ask me, especially since he likes to hang out at Fox.

Keep in mind that it's been LONG assumed that Bin Laden was in pakistan.. it was a matter of knowing precisely where, and confirming that information before you can act. If you send troops into Pakistan and you're wrong, it's a huge international incident..

If you send them in and you're right ... Pakistan is the one that looks bad.
edit on 5/7/2012 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
Found it!
Maybe Joe can see the future before it happens.?.?.

Gaffe-Prone Biden Strikes Again: Calls Mitt ‘President Romney’

Like I said - they've long suspected Pakistan, I believe they were even suggesting Pakistan as his most likely location even when Bush was still in office, but Pakistan kept denying that and said they were doing everything to help locate him.. You can't just make a move in Pakistan without being 110% .. Pakistan was considered an Ally in this hunt.. You have to be VERY sure before making a movie.. as someone else said, Obama had balls to do it .. it could have been an international disaster if it wasn't correct intelligence.. and I'm no fan of Obama

Biden was correct in his last statement in the video saying they will go in if they have actionable intelligence.. knowing he's in the country is one thing.. it's not actionable intelligence though.
edit on 5/7/2012 by miniatus because:

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
Really?

Now Obama opponents are going to claim that he even though he did kill OBL, that he could have done so sooner, but decided not to, so therefore he's a bad President right?

Wow guys, I mean really, stop grasping at straws. There are a million other things that make Obama a terrible President, this whole OBL fiasco is NOT one of them.

How dare Obama run a re-election campaign using his accomplishments

~Tenth

I would hardly say it was his accomplishment....Was he on the ground? did he fire a shot? Hell did he even look at a map and plan the attack? He did nothing but say OK. Something any other president would have done. Are you telling me that Obama could have come to the people and said we found Bin Laden but as the leader of America I have deceided not to pursue him. Do you really think not going in was an option.

I am not gonna praise a man for doing what America hired him to do. IT WAS HIS JOB, PERIOD.

Do you praise every employee who shows up for work? I sure as hell don't, it was expected of him as part of his job....

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by GuidedKill
Something any other president would have done.

Some in the political world have said they probably wouldn't have ... it's a huge political risk if you're wrong.. I seriously doubt Bush would have done it.. just a feeling.

It's not the president's job to be on the ground firing guns by the way.. you know that right? it's his job to give the order.. It's also not his job to plan battle strategy, that's kind of what the Generals are for as a rule.. it would be kind of foolish to have a President do that.. I get that you don't want him to have credit .. but he did his job as commander in chief.. I'm not gonna take that from him.. but I also won't vote for him.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I'm sure quite a few people knew where OBL was, he was in his grave for the past 9 years.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Pakistan didn't know about the raid when it happened. It just as easily could have been kept in the dark if there was a raid the year before as well.

How many covert clandestine assassinations have you organized and planned? Can you fill us in with the background to your expertise?

Thanks.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by SimontheMagus
OBL/Tim Osman died 3 1/2 months after 911.

Obviously that makes the media an absolute farce.

Obama is nothing more than a puppet if there ever was one. I doubt that he is even allowed to decide which tie he wears every day let alone anything more important than that.

He was given "Osama" as a trophy. When all this was allegedly going down, I knew that we would never see his body.

Guess what? The most wanted man in the history of America and we never saw his body. It beggars belief that ANYONE buys this crap.

Not everyone is still fooled by these ridiculous charades. When enough people wake up, we'll have Regime Change on Planet Earth.
edit on 7-5-2012 by SimontheMagus because: (no reason given)
Right on. I won't comment on when or if OBL died, because who really knows at this point. Like you said, the most wanted man in American history and we never saw the body, not even a photo. But they'll show us video of Saddam being hung, and Gaddafi being lynched. Two actual leaders of their respective countries might I remind you. Now we can get into speculation on how much support they had in their countries, but that's not the point. The point is they had no issue plastering it on every television set in America. But when it comes to OBL, well we don't want to affect national security. GTFO with that nonsense. I find it humorous how no one will really ever know what really happened. The supposed body is gone, the supposed personnel who carried out the mission died in a helicopter crash. You can't really prove that they didn't kill him, but you can't really prove that they did either. Believe what you like though.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   
And how scary is Mitt Romney? He wants to be allies with a group that blew up a embassy in New York City. Heres a picture of Rudy Giuliani with the leader of that terrorist group Maryam Rajavi in Paris, France. Mitt Romneys advisor was also with her and promotes joining forces with her group. Mitt Romney was confronted about this. What did he do. He went with Rudy Giuliani to the NYFD andbought them pizza. Like that will make it all better.

Rudy Giuliani with the leader of that terrorist group Maryam Rajavi in Paris, France.

And if you know about Osama Bin Laden you will know this is exactly where he came from. Making a deal with the devil to fight a proxy war.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
partisan nonsense

the analysts told him even the day he gave the order it was a 40% - 60% shot at best

so he didn't know anything over what came down to a 50/50 guess

boooooooo

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Yes, they knew where he was. They knew where his remains were located at least, albeit very decomposed since 2001....

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Weather this is true or not this retired general may have just illegaly released classified information and should if true go to jail for doing so. Just because you are retired does not mean you are allowed to release classified information. If this information is Top Secret I hope the guy spends his retirement in jail

Oh and these guys telling Obama they know where OBL was are the same guys who told Bush that Iraq had WMD's. I think I might have waited a bit myself for more proof from the intelligence community before commiting troops to go after OBL in the middle of Pakistan.
edit on 7-5-2012 by Xeven because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

You really think Obama makes the decisions?

If Obama knew, and his aides new, GW knew in his day too!

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
That people may have died who didn't need to?

Oh you had to go there, didn't you?
Of course people have died who didn't need to, due to the arrogant actions of the United States of America's Military machine and the indiscriminant murder of civilians along with illegal invasions based on dubious premises.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Im amazed so many people on this site of all places still believe OBL was killed last year. Wasnt there an article some time before 9/11 that said CIA agents went to visit him in a Saudi hospital because he was on dialisis? How could a man with failing health elude the most advanced country in the world with the most sophisticated monitoring system in history in some mountains in Tora Bora after planning the biggest breach of the most secure airspace on Earth and then end up being found in Pakistan right as Obamas approval rating was falling? Ever read Orwell's 1984? He's the real life Goldstein, he was the boogey man of the 21st century, a puppet used by the US governemt to continue invading other countries under the false premise of combating terrorism. Any news being revealed about him now is to remid people to be in fear.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by NightFlyer96
How could a man with failing health elude the most advanced country in the world with the most sophisticated monitoring system in history in some mountains in Tora Bora after planning the biggest breach of the most secure airspace on Earth and then end up being found in Pakistan right as Obamas approval rating was falling?

Well, you see, what had happened wuz...

Uh, well, he's a super villain dammit!

He had super villain powers!

*Knocks water pitcher over and runs out of the room...
edit on 7-5-2012 by v1rtu0s0 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join