It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Supermoon saturday, object filmed (possibly a jet)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Morning people. We were having fun with a Panasonic handy cam with x70 optical zoom, and caught this shot of something flying over the moon.

At first glance, considering motion and the trail left by the vehicle makes me think a passenger jet closer in earths atmosphere. However, at the time, camera was zoomed to the max and focus was on the moon so I'm not sure how this can be done. Please don't complain about the lighting and the quality of the video. This is cropped from a longer video.

Any thoughts?

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 03:02 AM
link   
My thoughts are that another member recorded something very similar and posted about it www.abovetopsecret.com... , before removing his video.

It is interesting that you have similar but not identical video showing something traveling at a great rate of speed in front of the moon.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Yes I've seen the thread...but the video was removed so I couldn't compare it...

edit:

Ok, I've seen the other video...mine is a bit different. A very visible trail...excludes junk, birds etc. Most probably a jet...but I just can't figure out how...since I was at maximum zoom...this object should have been much bigger.

When I use the camera to zoom in on the aircrafts flying over me, I can practically zoom in to a plane window with this cam baby.
edit on 7-5-2012 by MarioOnTheFly because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by MarioOnTheFly

I'm gunna put a vote in for govt jet of some sort. You could see the Trail it was leaving behind it.

It looked to high and fast or a comercial airliner.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Good catch, what ever it is.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 04:33 AM
link   
It is a plane , if you watch on full screen you can see an exhaust trail following behind it .

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 05:38 AM
link   
reply to post by gortex

Yes...most likely. I'm just wandering how I could capture it...zooming in at the moon and focus being on the moon. This thing leaves a trail in the focus. Cant shake the feeling that it's pretty far away...

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by openeyeswideshut

Actually...I'm in Croatia...we don't have gvt jets
We have a couple (two or three) of #ty MIG's and that's it. Very basic stuff. Non of US military equipment style...

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 05:46 AM
link   
That's pretty awesome, nice one.

S&F.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Its not a jet, it curved behind the moon. I find that very interesting.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by openeyeswideshut

I'm gunna put a vote in for govt jet of some sort. You could see the Trail it was leaving behind it.

It looked to high and fast or a comercial airliner.

Not likely, no the direction it was heading. This is something else.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

I don't wanna scream UFO, because it's motion seems familiar.

Additional facts: our city airport is something like 10 miles out from the location we were filming. Usually when I try to zoom in to an aircraft that flies over the city, I can zoom it in pretty close. This cam has x70 optical zoom that works pretty fine. I'm thinking...if it was a plane from the airport, it would have been pretty big on my screen, considering I was at max zoom setting and focus on the moon.

This object looks fairly distant to me....

I have to remind you people...this is not US. I live in a small country...we don't have expensive, state of the art super duper government aircraft. I think our military maybe using hot air balloons for recon

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I filtered the video a bit (I'm not a pro, I just know how to do basic stuff). A vehicle is seen more clearly.

Tried to crop the vehicle and zoom in...it's pretty pixellated but it does not look like a plane to me...at least no plane I've seen.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   

uhh.....it definitely curved around the other side of the moon.

At least that is what I see from the 10 straight times looking at it.

Seems too fast to be a commercial jet. Maybe Some country's military craft, or a ufo , not sure really.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Looks like just a jet.

Same type of effect here :

or better, here (plane at 00:13)

and one from this weekends event:

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by gavron

Thanks Gavron. These really do look like mine, except...on those videos, a plane is clearly seen. I tried to zoom in on to mine...it looks like some round object. But again, the giveaway is the exhaust. Somehow I doubt any aliens are running on fumes

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by LucidDreamer85

uhh.....it definitely curved around the other side of the moon.

At least that is what I see from the 10 straight times looking at it.

Seems too fast to be a commercial jet. Maybe Some country's military craft, or a ufo , not sure really.

I think the curving effect is due to moons light. Camera only catches objects that are within moons light, as soon as it leaves the sphere of light it vanishes in darkness of space background. I think it only looks as if it curved around the moon.

Upon more inspection...definately too fast for a commercial jet. As I stated earlier, it is highly unlikely that our military was flaying anything out there, since we don't have the "airforce" exactly. We have very few, old planes, and they are rarely flown...mostly on some national holiday parade or something like that.

edit: My country is also surrounded with other countries that have even less planes than we

edit on 7-5-2012 by MarioOnTheFly because: (no reason given)

top topics

join