It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Princess Diana Rememberance

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   
This is a thread of Remembrance, not a thread of discussion, lets save that for the other forums shall we.

To our neighbors on across the pond: my heart goes out to you for such a loss to this day, tears fill my eyes even now and if I could I'd bring her back to you and to all of us, I would.

It’s been nearly 15 years, this year, that someone very dear to our hearts was taken from her family, friends, loved ones and the world itself, prematurely. I remember watching the funeral as rivers of tears stream down my face; I think I wept for a month on and off after that. No one talked to each other at work, no one had words to say, lunch time was silent around the tables for weeks.

Silence was what I remember, the complete lack of any noise at all during the funeral, and then, I realized...the birds weren't even chirping, just the sound of horses hooves the cobblestone street, not even a baby crying in the background.

She was born to be a Princess and a Queen, for she was crowned LONG before it was placed on her head to be such royalty; there was never a question in our hearts that we ever doubted that she was made for such a role to play in the world. There are some people in the world that just stand out that way, their gift makes room for them, she was one of very few.

Should I ever get the chance to travel abroad, my first stop will be in Althorp, Northamptonshire. The Princess was an example to the world, her humanity was unquestionable, the video embedded is what I remember of striking imagines around the world and thinking, "wow, just think if ALL of the 'royalty' around the world did was she's doing what a world this would be~!"

Should you find yourself in tears and hating me for posting this, good. Because we need to keep sending the message that we will NOT forget what happened that day and who all was involved and some day, just some day, Lady Justice will have her way. It's the tears of remembrance that keep hope in our hearts alive for future generations.

Sir Elton's John's song expresses my very words to this day. We still miss you Princess and always will.

edit on 7-5-2012 by Komodo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

As a 15 year old American (when she died) our entire family stopped everything and glued to the TV to watch for updates. We listened to a live interview with Tom Cruise who had called the news station. He was very frank, and talked like a real person about being chased by photographers, and the associated dangers. We were sort of all sitting there with our mouths open. How could this happen? It was such a senseless, stupid way for her to die.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Rest in Peace, Princess Di, Princess of Wales

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ameilia
reply to post by Komodo

As a 15 year old American (when she died) our entire family stopped everything and glued to the TV to watch for updates. We listened to a live interview with Tom Cruise who had called the news station. He was very frank, and talked like a real person about being chased by photographers, and the associated dangers. We were sort of all sitting there with our mouths open. How could this happen? It was such a senseless, stupid way for her to die.

Yes, it a day that will be remembered always to those that remembered her. I hardly ever watched the news, if at all, but, always had the news on, just in case any announcement came on about her. Then, I was all ears.

Interesting to note, I never followed any of the actions of the English royalty till, I heard England found a Princess. I was like "SHUT THE FRONT DOOR~!" At the first video of her, there was no question in my mind she was the one in a split second; I can't tell you what it was about her only to say it was everything about her and as time marched on, it was evident it was to be her role in life.

I always thought it was cute of her to steal the Prince's limelight
The camera's always pointed to her, even though it mentioned both of them together ..
edit on 7-5-2012 by Komodo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

As this thread is about remembrance,
I will remember that she does not deserve our remembrance.
Rot in the ground silly cow.

You people are ignorant, she did not give a crap about you.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 02:10 AM
link   
A moment of remembrance to Mother Theresa who died the same day, but no one seemed to notice due to all the media sensationalism.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by calstorm
A moment of remembrance to Mother Theresa who died the same day, but no one seemed to notice due to all the media sensationalism.

I would agree~!

Rest in Peace Sister~!

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 03:22 AM
link   
Do Americans think the British actually care about this woman?

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by calstorm
Screw her also, she is a terrorist and deserved to die considering her actions resulted in the deaths of millions of people.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by JailTales
Do Americans think the British actually care about this woman?

yes we do.. ~!

if you look at the funeral you'd know this~!

new topics

top topics

join