It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Parents will receive an $820 payment for every schoolchild under Gillard Government's Budget 2012

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   

PARENTS will receive up to $820 for every child they have at school - paid directly into their bank account next month - as part of a federal government overhaul to combat rising education costs.

In another sign the government is preparing a Robin Hood Budget that targets the rich but helps battling families, Julia Gillard will announce the means-tested payment today.

The Sunday Times can reveal the payment will replace the existing education tax refund, which forced parents to keep receipts to prove they had spent thousands of dollars on computers and school uniforms before claiming a rebate for education expenses.

Article excerpt from: www.perthnow.com.au...

This is more than just another 'Robin Hood' plan by the increasingly unpopular Gillard government to buy more votes; it is more about saddling the Australian taxpayer with more debt that the government spends with hard AUD borrowed from the Reserve Bank of Australia (our Fed equivalent).

It is also about expanding the population of children born to single moms, further taxing the welfare system even more - it is no surprise, fits in with the vote-buyer scheme, or ploy to retain office at all costs.

The monetary payment for schoolchildren is in theory 'a leg up to the struggling', but in practice, it is government fiscal misappropriation.

When I was in school until five years ago, I did not need a financial handout to further help my studies, as I was self-sufficient.

What do you think?

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by ironfalcon

It is also about expanding the population of children born to single moms, further taxing the welfare system even more - it is no surprise, fits in with the vote-buyer scheme, or ploy to retain office at all costs.

So...Gillard is using this incentive so there will more children born to single mums...but these single mums won't get this incentive until their newly born (apparently thanks to this incentive) baby goes to school in 6 years time...?

Is this what you're suggesting?

Two things come to mind here.

Moronic and the baby bonus.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by ironfalcon

Hi, I lived in australia from aug2011 till jan2012and I'll tell you, it was no picnic. Handouts everywhere!!! It made me sick the people walking around like they deserved it when they never worked a day in they're life. Aussie girls plan for future: turn 16, get pregnant and get on parenting payment!!! It's free money! I went there and they tried giving it to me! I said no thanks, I'm not used to accepting free money for free! So totally know why your sh$&!y bro!!
And this comes from a liberal

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   
This is how it works if I heard it correctly. Parents with children in primary school will receive $410 per child and for parents who have kids in high school, they will receive $820 per child. When it comes down to it though, its just a scam to hopefully get people to vote for the worst government in Australian history.

What i gather from the family tax benefit is that after the child turns 8 years old, the parent/s can't claim it anymore (correct me if I am wrong). Again, this just seems like a quick fix to keep that stupid b!atch and her minions in power for another 4 years.
edit on 7-5-2012 by Redevilfan09 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 02:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Redevilfan09

Previously, parents of school age children could claim some or all of school expenses at tax time, labor's argument and justification is that many families don't keep receipts and/or don't bother to claim at all.

This simplifies it by doing away with the tax claim and replaces it with a lump sum.

Yes it's vote candy but it seems everyone has forgotten Tony Abbott's offer last election where he promised up to $1000 per high school student if elected.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 04:49 AM
link   

What i gather from the family tax benefit is that after the child turns 8 years old, the parent/s can't claim it anymore (correct me if I am wrong).

It's at 6 the family tax A cuts out for mothers, 8 for fathers. After that they are expected to work at least 15 hours per week, or they will be placed on Newstart (the dole). They can still claim FT-B, and of course all the other perks such as rent relief and the school tax refund.

All this really does is encourage people who have no wish to work to punch out another kid before then, and hey presto, the merry-go-round begins anew.

Nothing will save the Gillard government. The only hope Labour have at the next election is if that worthless ranga isn't at their head when the election rolls around. The Carbon Tax saw to Labour's, and to her fate long ago.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 05:25 AM
link   
An election can't come soon enough...Its time for her and her government to go...Still if she thinks it will get her back in the lodge let her live in her little fantasy a little longer...

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Either way it won't matter. Even if Abbot does get in and looks like he most likely will at the moment, I wouldn't expect anything less than what labour has given our country for the past 4 years. They are all full of sh!t.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Oh for a really inspiring Politician, Hmmm not one comes to mind here in Aust at the moment...

new topics

top topics

join