It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WTH is next to the Sun ~ Its HUGE

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   
I think it may be either the moon or an effect caused by it, being as close to earth as it gets in its lunar cycle which causes it to appear to be about 18% bigger aswellas 15% brighter.Either that or Mr Burns has built solar shield.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Had no idea the aliens could withstand the Sun that close. Good for them. Also had no idea they flew around in lifesavers. Or donuts, for that matter. At any rate, no idea what it is. I'm inclined to think it's not dust, but rather the wheel of some large invisible alien cart. Guess we'll never know...

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   
This is one of those things that makes you wonder whether we, as a society, know anything about what's going on. Maybe its a sun fart?

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
FFS get a grip.....You've been told repeatedly what it is:

An imaging artefact.

Facts remain facts whether you like them or not.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soulece

Either that's the object we see in the video thats to the left or its a planet. You decide.

Here's something else to look at

edit on 8-5-2012 by Soulece because: (no reason given)

NASA shut down the satellite, and then scrubbed the UFO from the new footage. This video is a follow up to the one you posted.

Why would NASA do that?? Why shut it down, and then edit it out?

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by AmberLeaf

NASA shut down the satellite, and then scrubbed the UFO from the new footage.

1) NASA did not shut down the spacecraft. SOHO put itself into ESR mode.
2) There was no UFO. The guy is babbling about a cosmic ray strike. A very common occurrence.
3) Nothing was scrubbed from new "footage". Never mind that there is no "footage", the EIT instrument on SOHO produces 2 images each day.
4) None of this has anything to do with this topic.

edit on 5/8/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

NASA shut down the satellite, and then scrubbed the UFO from the new footage.

1) NASA did not shut down the spacecraft. SOHO put itself into ESR mode.
2) There was no UFO. The guy is babbling about a cosmic ray strike. A very common occurrence.
3) Nothing was scrubbed from new "footage". Never mind that there is no "footage", the EIT instrument on SOHO produces 2 images each day.
4) None of this has anything to do with this topic.

edit on 5/8/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

Oooh get you mr miserable.
1) It went down a day after this was captured
2) A cosmic ray OK if thats what you think it was fine
3) Ok the image/picture with the UFO was edited and it was removed...you can go and see for yourself.
4) Isnt this thread about huge objects near the sun...is this not a huge object near the sun?

Considering it was next to the sun and its huge, it makes it something to do with the topic at hand.

You are very hostile. I think you are probably a NASA employee, put here to spread your disinformation. You seem to be very good at it.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   

It's not the first time the same malfunction has occurred with SOHO. It's not the first time a cosmic ray strike has been misidentified as a UFO. It's not the first time a "huge object" has turned out to be a not so huge something.

I think you are probably a NASA employee, put here to spread your disinformation.

If that were the case the pay is very poor. In fact it is nill. But don't worry. You're not the first person to accuse me of that. It's normal to call someone a disinfo agent when they say things you don't want to hear and probably don't have the slightest understanding of.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Sorry, no Ashtar command this time...

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by GuidedKill
reply to post by Manhater

N Never
A A
S Straight
A Answer

And you know this man!!!!!

Never a straight answer if you're only ever looking for bent pipe cleaners in a hay stack.

They'll let you screen cap the images, youtube the footage, view the data first hand, but they're obviously up to something when they 'scrub' out the tells in their own stuff.

Man they're not very good at it. It's amazing they manage to get rockets to move upwards at all...

stereo.gsfc.nasa.gov... -- seems to show this thing from 20:50 onwards with the large resolution 1024 images.

Damn you nasa, you failed to hide your hidden images from me!!!!!

also, the mpeg file... Behind COR1 20120502
edit on 9-5-2012 by mainidh because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by princeguy
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

your answer is absurd.

Why? Because you really want it to be something large, omnipresent and alien?

That's absurd.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by GrinchNoMore

Exactly. It must be hur dur aliens on a space ship refuelling by the sun before coming over to save the human species from self annihilation.

It just has to be that and nothing else.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 06:45 AM
link   
ive seen something like this once before. it was a very long time ago.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by princeguy
reply to post by Watts

I dont think any race of beings could make it to a point of space travel without learning true compassion for all beings. Look at us, we are a very young species and we cant even break ourselves away from an nonrenewable energy source. We fight, and kill each other every day. And while we have had many advances in the last century, I believe that we have been stunted enormously by our insatiable greed for power. We are on the verge of self destruction and we have barely touched space.

On the contrary, if our planet is any guide to species development, a highly advanced civilization is more likely to be carnivorous. The heavy protein diet is what allowed the brain to develop more here. And to be a successful carnivore you have to be sneaky, deceptive, strategic, violent and apathetic.

I believe Michio Kakua (sp) or Stephen Hawking spoke on this as well. The notion that aliens are likely to be "flower-holding, peace sprinklers"- bent on traveling hundreds of billions of miles to 'save us' is 100% baseless and totally unsupported by abductee accounts.

Considering we've had 2 world wars and are headed for a 3rd, continue to destroy the environment, and have more people than ever starving, I'd say that if they were here to "save us", they're doing a terrible f***ing job and should clock out.

Kidnapping, sexual abuse, genetic theft, deception and memory wiping are NOT signs of benevolent "space brothers" people. Stop being purposely stupid. Their actions alone show they're not benevolent.

edit on 9-5-2012 by Watts because: /

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by thebtheb

Originally posted by Watts

Originally posted by antar
reply to post by princeguy

When you think in terms of billions of planets in our solar system, our galaxy, which were far more advanced than us by millions of years, then it is not too difficult to imagine that many of them are here to help us with some simple fixes which will help keep life moving on our planet rather than being terminated.

Why do people make the 100% baseless assumption that if there are aliens and their coming here then they MUST be "coming to help us" lol...its such am adorably naive frame of mind. We don't even help people in need one block away from our homes but for some strange reason, we stupidly assume that aliens that are far more advanced than we are, from light years away, fly all the way out here to be philanthropic to a gross, inhumane, selfish and generally evil species? Its so stupid and there's absolutely NOTHING to back this up.

In fact, if the stories of abductees are too be believed, there's FAAAAAR more evidence to the exact contrary and that they are malevolent. What kind of "friend/space brother" or whatever stupid title you want to give them literally steals people against their will in the dead of night and performs traumatizing experiments?

Stop being a sheep of the other sort. There's absolutely nothing supporting your idea that "they're here helping us". In fact, if they call what they've been doing "helping", I'd like for them to go the hell home.

Actually, according to many, many abductees, they, or other aliens ARE here to help us, and there is just about as much, or more evidence that they're here to help us there is evidence that they're not. And guess what? People actually DO help people down the street a block away. If you're not one of them, then I can see why you assume everyone's selfish - you're just interpreting others through your own behavior, capabilities or experience.

Sure, they could be here to screw with us, but they could also be here to help us. You don't know. And there's certainly not "NOTHING to back that up." That's your opinion.

LOOL You can't be serious.... Our country, the "greatest country on Earth" is LITERALLY DIVIDED over whether or not to help people in need... We're actually at odds over providing life-saving healthcare to those that can't afford it. SOooo you can carry that la-di-da bs. The average person does NOTHING to help strangers in need. NOT ONE THING. Get a grip on reality man.

And these abductees you speak of, I'm sure they're some of the same ones that relay "messages" from "aliens" warning us of impending doom and that they'll be here on some specific date to save us (which never comes so the aliens are clearly lying) - Applewhite anyone? There's probably 5 topics on ATS right now from some loon-wad claiming to have an urgent message about something that's going to happen on a specific date - which NEEEEVVVEEEERRRR comes true. NOT ONE TIME.

So like I said, there's absolutely no evidence to support this stupid notion that they're our "space brothers" here to "help us reach our destiny of greatness."

Its totally unsupported balogna. For every ONE story you can name of aliens supposedly helping us, I can name 5 where they've shown themselves to be 'un-benevolent' at best, flat out evil at worst.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Any mainstream support of this?

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by rusty1212

I understand that you're a fairly new member, but:

Um..."this" is a flaw in the COR1 optical device....there is nothing "huge" near the Sun (except Mercury, or Sol 1....or Sol 'a')....depends on how you wish to categorize planets around their home stars.

Astronomers use small letters, like 'a', 'b', 'c', and so on......Earth, being the 'third' outward, could be called "Sol 'c'"....or some such....but, I happen to like the "Star Trek" method of using numbers....so, in that vein, Earth would be "Sol Three". (This, of course, depends on the naming rationale for each star....name the star, then designate the planet, based on its sequence outward, starting at "one" ....or 'a' if you're a "stick in the mud"......for the nearest).

Neat, huh?

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
The woman on Youtube is off her head, she has NO idea as to what she is talking about. Could be artefacts, could be space junk, could be anything other than the garbage that she is spouting. She is like an unquestioning religious fool who just accepts everything rather than trying to understand anything.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by rusty1212

Obviously not, this woman has NO idea of the simple explanations that she is looking at.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Holy balls. She's had way too much coffee...

It's the space time continuum device.

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24 >>

join