It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it just me that has trouble with the messege centre at the mo?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Normally when someone replies to a post of mine, I get an alert in the "Replies" section of the messege centre. Along with these alerts, is a link to the thread in which the reply was made, as well as the name of the responder. However, all the replies I got yesterday only contained the name of the responding poster, and no information about which thread the response was in.

Any one else had a similar issue?

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

Mine seems fine atm...
Give it a while and see what happens. If no good try contacting a mod....

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 03:53 AM
link   
Only time I ever recall anything like that, was on responses to a thread I authored that was deleted by mods.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 04:18 AM
link   
I didn't even know that this reply section existed. I have been clicking on my post, going to the thread, and then reading from then on to see if anyone replied. After checking the reply section, I now see I have a lot of replies in there. I always wondered if there was some way to find out if someone replied to your post. Now I know. Thanks for that.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Ok, first of all , cheers for the input folks. Second, the problem appears to have ended. Oddly, yesterdays replies all have the problem, but todays seem to be working fine, as replies to this thread have appeared normally. Again, many thanks for your input.

TB

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   
I'm not aware of any changes to the site that would explain this, but then again, I'm not aware of a lot of things, so please consider that for whatever it may be worth.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Why not use MyATS function after you sign-in? It tells you who posted last on your subscribed threads and have direct access to the last page, but you still have to remember what page you posted on and seek from that point on.

Perhaps I am doing it the wrong way, but I seldom use the message center unless sending someone U2Us or reading an important ATS announcement. Also you should clean out all the messages you have read and the ones you choose to keep should be saved in the saved files folder. Allowing messages to build-up can give you erratic alerts.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Wow. Learned something new today. It looks to be a great function that is better than just checking subscribed threads in MyATS. I noticed it is not 100% reliable though with dead or misleading links sometimes..........

Thanks for bringing attention, even if accidently!

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

Unless no one has ever replied to me, I don't think I have that function.

Edit: Well, I'll be. This changes evrything.

edit on 5-5-2012 by stanguilles7 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join