It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anonymous Hackers Target CIA, UK Supreme Court Over 'Pirate Bay' Censorship

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Well i agree about the DDOS attacks kinda of useless like it was said above unless it's on online commerce situation no one is being hurt now you stop master card for awhile and they start loosing money but come on the CIA site being down really doesn't hurt anyone I believe it's more of a "HAHA we can take you down even for a second" type of attitude but that would more or less be kind of a show of cyber protest than an attack. and no not all hackers are there to steal if you think that all do that then your just being a fearmonger yourself or are truly ignorant to what anyone's given motives may be. But that's neither here nor there. My attitude would be if your going to go all in like that make it matter or something the people would remember (and no i don't mean violence) but you see where i'm going what would be the public opinion when instead of risking jail time for sites to be down for hours (= not really worth it) or risking jail time for take a network down permenantly (=a real threat)

to each their own....

but keep in mind just as some join a cause for bragging rights, there are hundreds who you wouldn't even know knew a thing about computers or networks because they have learned A. it's anoying being that guy you get bothered every minute by people who don't want learn the tech they abuse. and B. How can the movement move forward if we all get caught it's better to not brag how can you stop someone you don't even see coming......

edit on 6-5-2012 by IndianaOps because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by stanguilles7

Direct quotes are put in a quote box - the following was presented as a paraphrase:

Strange logic: "Let's voluntarily curtail our freedoms so they aren't regulated away."

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by soficrow
reply to post by stanguilles7

Direct quotes are put in a quote box - the following was presented as a paraphrase:

Strange logic: "Let's voluntarily curtail our freedoms so they aren't regulated away."

Well, its a woefully inaccurate paraphrase. I said or implied no such thing

<< 1   >>

join