It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Rejoins ICC, US No Longer “Rogue” State

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I just came across this and thought it was rather interesting. Did a search by title and it didnt come up and I havent noticed it on the forums. Just thought the members here might have fun kicking this around for a bit.

A snip from article:

In a surprise move, President Obama signed an executive order rejoining the International Criminal Court, an organization established originally by the United State to enforce international law and punish war criminals.
The US left the court under Bush in order to protect those responsible for kidnapping, drug running and torture.
They may now be arrested, even if American office holders or members of the military or CIA, which, oddly enough, many of those responsible for such heinous crimes are.

The rest of the article Can be Read HERE

Makes one wonder if this ball folks like Drake and others have been talking about really is about to roll...

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by onehuman

The only thing that Obama rejoining the ICC does is confirm (as if we didn't already know) for me that the Elites on the international level are corrupt as well. Is Obama trying to say that he and those under his command haven't committed war or international crimes? Guantanamo Bay and indefinite detention (now including the possibility of Americans being indefinitely detained) still exists, therefor he is not innocent.
edit on 4-5-2012 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Well it would be great if obama started prosecutions into the bush administration but since that would open the door for himself to be investigated i doubt it will happen. Still, its a nice thought. One day the neoCONS will be prosecuted.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

From what I gathered from the article, it appears one cant be arrested while in office. Perhaps he is feeling safe behind that wall. I guess when we see some folks actually round up like Bush and Cheney, I will believe it is actually a real law put into immediate effect. Will be interesting to see how it plays out, if it plays out at all.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by onehuman

I would imagine its just to say "We are going another way then we have in the past"

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   
I'd kind of like to sit back and watch this one. There's a faint aroma of deceased fish. Here's my problem:

Sec. 7401. Restriction relating to United States accession to the
International Criminal Court

-STATUTE-
(a) Prohibition
The United States shall not become a party to the International Criminal Court except pursuant to a treaty made under Article II, section 2, clause 2 of the Constitution of the United States on or after November 29, 1999.
(b) Prohibition on use of funds
None of the funds authorized to be appropriated by this or any other Act may be obligated for use by, or for support of, the International Criminal Court unless the United States has become a party to the Court pursuant to a treaty made under Article II, section 2, clause 2 of the Constitution of the United States on or after November 29, 1999.
(c) International Criminal Court defined
In this section, the term "International Criminal Court" means the court established by the Rome Statute of the International Criminal Court, adopted by the United Nations Diplomatic Conference of Plenipotentiaries on the Establishment of an International Criminal Court on July 17, 1998.
22 USC 7401. I don't see how even Obama can replace a treaty with an executive order.
uscode.house.gov...

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 02:50 AM
link   
The Intl Criminal Court is just the police state arm of the One World Totaltitarian govt being put in place by the Elites to rule us all and keep us all penned up in the cities while they use other agencies of the UN to control all the world's resources.

Anyone remember the EO Obama signed giving Interpol special immunities and rights in the US ?
edit on 5-5-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Alirght i am confused how we no longer a "rogue" state when there has been no difference between Bush and Obama?

What the benefits of a Nobel Peace Prize for not being Bush?

This stuff is ridiculous.
edit on 6-5-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join