It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is it always about gay sex?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I have always seen threads about equal rights and such for gays. The one thing that always comes up when an anti gay person chimes in..is gay sex.

Why do they care so much about what other consenting adults are doing in their own rooms? Why is gay sex always on their minds?

I get why religious people think gays are evil and that religious folk still live in the dark ages. Religion is just a archaic way of thinking and should never be brought into any intelligent debate...do these same people still think that witches should be burned at the stake?

My main point is why does the topic of sexual acts always come into a debate about of rights for gays.

Why do the anti gay people think more about gay sex than the pro gay people? Is it about secret desires they harbor that makes them feel so much hate?

I am not gay...and could care less what they do...I also think they should have the same rights as every one...let them suffer with the same fate as straight married people do.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Let me state my stance first.

Civil unions for all period (i don't care the mixing, man man, women women, man women)

Marriage, implies religious connotations, so if your religious you get married in a church or what ever, and the state should stay the hell out of it, separation of church and state.

And if your religion allows for gay marriage so be it.

I am for less laws, not more, less government involvement in our lives.

As for the gay sex in arguments thing, I tend not to notice that as much, maybe because it doesn't concern me I don't notice it as often as others might.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
It's the same mentality that thinks it's their right and obligation to tell everyone else how they should live. Everything from smoking, to drinking, to drug usage, to medicating themselves, to what curriculum they think is best, what to eat, etc. etc.

I shouldn't be involved in "voting" on whether someone can take a pill or smoke something funny, it's their own bodies, I have no right to tell them what they can and can't do with it.... least that's how I feel.

Same applies to this nonsense gay marriage/ gay sex debating, and abortions, and all that crap shoot of rules these pretentious yuppies think we should all live by. People.... mind your own G.damn business and leave other people alone, let them do what they want in the short time they have on this prison world.

edit on 2-5-2012 by JibbyJedi because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by kerazeesicko

I'm gay and me and my partner have a rule, no talking about sex to other people. Not even gay ones.
I don't want to hear straight guys talk about lady parts, I feel inclined to do the same.

But you are right, they care more about what happens in my private chambers than I do!

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
its about sex because sex is a hot button issue
look at all the anti gays that turned out to be gay.
(Ted Haggard comes to mind, head of the largest federation of fundie churches at the time : defroked for being gay and doing meth)

its about manipulation of gays straights and everyone else.
like burning witches

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Im with you man.

15 trillion in debt, two wars going on,what would seem to be a comming summer of riots in many major cities, out of control unemployment, constantly loosing civil liberties, and I'm suppose to worry about what two consenting adults are doing in there own home. Please give me a break. I have never been attacked by a gay man. I do how ever get constantly raped by my own guberment.

Morale high ground," Huge Fail". Put it to better use trying to take our country back.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   

IMO, anti gays are (especially ones that keep bringing up gay sex) are usually 1 of 3 things;

1 - Closet gays in rebellion
2 - Closet gays in denial
3 - Very sad little people

Anti gays fall into the same catagory as racists to me.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I personally don't have any gay friends. I'm not anti gay or pro gay, I think people should just be able to live the way they want. I had a close friend whose brother ended up marrying another guy and I when I see him around, he is the same to me as before he came out.

And then I have a family member who's gay and when he comes down we drink, make jokes, laugh and do the same things we did before he came out. I probably wouldn't choose to hang out with the queen crowd he runs with, but then again, that's a choice. The same choice that he should be able to have to live his life.

If you aren't a fan of a lifestyle there is no reason why you have to subject yourself to it, or subject other people to your lifestyle.

Live and let live.... In other words.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
if there were important issues to be decided at election and one candidate was totally retarded and one candidate was like ron paul..
If the retard was decendant from Cain, (like Mc or herman lol ) and had horns on his head, but stated he was anti gay, and anti free choice on abortion:
there would be a huge religious vote for the retard
edit on 2-5-2012 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-5-2012 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

Oh my I just lol'd!!!

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by benrl
Marriage, implies religious connotations, so if your religious you get married in a church or what ever, and the state should stay the hell out of it, separation of church and state.

It is a state issue though, because you need a license to marry, you don't need a church.

It should be a civil rights issue, not a religious issue. The blindly religious should stay out of other peoples business. Religion should not dictate state issues.

The Church should not have a monopoly on marriage. The issue for gay marriage is having the same state rights straight people do, and the benefits they get. It is not right for the state to discriminate on the basis of the church.

It's the church that should stay the hell out of it, as that is the problem in this issue, not the state.

A later 2004 study by the Congressional Budget Office finds 1,138 statutory provisions "in which marital status is a factor in determining or receiving 'benefits, rights, and privileges.'"[89] Many of these laws govern property rights, benefits, and taxation. Same-sex couples, whose marriages are not recognized by the state, are ineligible for spousal and survivor Social Security benefits.

en.wikipedia.org...

Why should people be denied rights because of someones religion, or what they do in the privacy of their home?
I thought Amerika was a free country?

edit on 5/2/2012 by ANOK because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by kerazeesicko
I have always seen threads about equal rights and such for gays. The one thing that always comes up when an anti gay person chimes in..is gay sex. Why do they care so much about what other consenting adults are doing in their own rooms? Why is gay sex always on their minds?

Well, having gay sex is pretty much what defines a person as gay, after all. Otherwise, people are people. They drive cars, go to the grocery store, watch TV.

People get touchy about definitions, because that's how people gain a sense of identity. It's how they come to understand who they are. You define yourself by comparing yourself to other people who do the same things you do. And most people like a balance of feeling like a unique individual and being part of a group. Individuals can be lonely. Groups can be discriminated against.

Sometimes the world doesn't seem very fair, because other people were here first and made up the rules.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   

I dont care to much for hearing about or seeing gay sex. Lesbian sex though,thats another story.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   

I have always seen threads about equal rights and such for gays. The one thing that always comes up when an anti gay person chimes in..is gay sex.

Why do they care so much about what other consenting adults are doing in their own rooms? Why is gay sex always on their minds?

I get why religious people think gays are evil and that religious folk still live in the dark ages. Religion is just a archaic way of thinking and should never be brought into any intelligent debate...do these same people still think that witches should be burned at the stake?

My main point is why does the topic of sexual acts always come into a debate about of rights for gays.

Why do the anti gay people think more about gay sex than the pro gay people? Is it about secret desires they harbor that makes them feel so much hate?

I am not gay...and could care less what they do...I also think they should have the same rights as every one...let them suffer with the same fate as straight married people do.

I'm not really sure where you're getting this from.
I'm not disputing your observation, but... I can't say I've seen the same thing, or at least if I have, it hasn't bothered me enough to create a thread about it. I'm a Christian, and you could certainly say that I'm conservative (although personally I'd rather be branded "Bible-believing" than anything else)... so you can throw me into the "homosexuality is wrong" camp...
but as to talking about gay sex itself... I'm not entirely sure how that's particularly relevant to the topic... nor why people would even bring it up. I don't get it.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Awen24

It actually has caught my attention a number of times and I decided to make a thread about it. I am not sure if you are ignoring it on purpose or just not willing to admit that it is a main point that is made when the anti gays preach.

And now to top it off..there is an ongoing thread where a person is now saying that children are more likely to be molested by gays than straights...
This is the thread Obama White House Fundraises For Anti-Christian Bully Savage.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Don't pick on religion.Nature tells you to stop opposite sex so the world could run for another million of years.If the world contains full of gays and lesbians then we can asurre its the end of the world.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by dorkfish87

But you are right, they care more about what happens in my private chambers than I do!

Hey! What do you do for a living?

Do you have a college degree? If yes - - what is your degree in?

Do you like Armenian food? Its my favorite.

What type movies do you like? I like Sci-Fi.

Do you prefer casual dress or suits? I'm a T-shirt and jeans girl myself.

Gardening? Personally my green thumb turned to dead grass.

WOW! A person-to-person discussion. No mention of sex.

new topics

top topics

join