It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Grandfathers ghost appeared in his neighbours kitchen? True Story

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
This is kinda weird and I find it very interesting. My Grandfather passed away while he slept. I don`t remember the exact year but I was 5 or 6 so the year would be somewhere around 1990-1991. I never knew him very deeply but he had been in a war and of course every war veterans have somekind of traumas. Also he had gotten a grenade shrapnel in the back of his head so he had a "hole or bumb" there. Also his legs were amputated but if I remember correctly it was after the war. So he did not lost em there. I think he have had alchohol problems in his life too. I think the war haunted him someway.

Anyways. The next morning when my Grandfather had passed away the phone rang and my Grandmother answered. On the other side of the phoneline was his neigbour (old lady too) who lived one floor beneath them if I remember correctly. The house was a 7 or 8 story apartment building.

As soon as my Grandmother answered the phone, her neighbour asked if her husband had died last night. Of course my Grandmother immediately was surprised and asked that how on earth could she had known that? The neighbor lady answered that he had seen my grandfathers ghost standing on her kitchen last night.

I find this story very interesting because my Grandmother told this to my Mum and said she had no chance to tell anybody because the neighbour called the very next morning. The other interesting part was that my Mum said that my Grandmother wasnt a big believer in paranormal etc. So the fact that she even told about this event was pretty convincing. ( She could have easily just kept it to herself if it wasnt big event for her)

So what do you guys think? Do you have any realistic solutions to this event or could this be a real deal.
edit on 2-5-2012 by RhinestoneCowboy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Did the neighbor described what clothes was he wearing ? If so.. more reason to believe that what she saw really was him.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by RhinestoneCowboy

Wow.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
my grandfather passed away last friday. I hope I or someone I know gets to see his ghost

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by blackmetalmist
Did the neighbor described what clothes was he wearing ? If so.. more reason to believe that what she saw really was him.

I was so young when I head this from my Mum that I didnt realise to investigate it further
But apparently the neighbour had seen a regognizable spirit or another form of my Grandfather standing in her kitchen.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gwampo
my grandfather passed away last friday. I hope I or someone I know gets to see his ghost

May He rest in Peace. I think you will meet someday again.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Yes, this sort of thing is actually kind of common.

For example, my step-dad's first wife passed away suddenly while backing out her car in the alley behind the house. She accidentally hit a block wall at less than 5 mph, but the air bag deployed and crushed her chest, splitting her aorta and causing death within a minute or two.

He got remarried to my mother and they had to move away and rent the house out because my mother said the wife kept appearing to her as she slept, looking at the bed. I guess she didn't like being replaced. The man who rents the house now says that he hears this woman humming every morning. It doesn't bother him.

The neighbors said they see this women occasionally in the back yard tending the orange trees. She waves at them and it freaks them out.

It happens. I do find it odd that your grandpa appeared to a neighbor lady. Did they know each other well?

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by FissionSurplus
Yes, this sort of thing is actually kind of common.

For example, my step-dad's first wife passed away suddenly while backing out her car in the alley behind the house. She accidentally hit a block wall at less than 5 mph, but the air bag deployed and crushed her chest, splitting her aorta and causing death within a minute or two.

He got remarried to my mother and they had to move away and rent the house out because my mother said the wife kept appearing to her as she slept, looking at the bed. I guess she didn't like being replaced. The man who rents the house now says that he hears this woman humming every morning. It doesn't bother him.

The neighbors said they see this women occasionally in the back yard tending the orange trees. She waves at them and it freaks them out.

It happens. I do find it odd that your grandpa appeared to a neighbor lady. Did they know each other well?

Woah very interesting story mate. I wonder why your step dad`s first wife doesnt want to move on. Do we get to decide to stay or move to spirit world when we die. Or does it mean we have some unfinished business and cant`t leave?

I have no clue about how well they knew each other with the neighbours lady. But the fact that the neighbour had their phone number tells something. I have vague memory that they sometimes drank coffee together etc. So I guess they were in touch with each others.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
My mom told me an experience she had in which she saw my dad's brother appear to her soon after he died.

My uncle was very close to my dad and my mom and would spend weekends with them about once a month. He was passenger in a car wreck and died suddenly. My mom said soon after he died, she opened the garage door and he stood there smiling at her! She, of course, slammed the door shut and run for the house. Lol. The wierd part is that she claims he looked like a regular person and not ghostlike.

Isn't that bizarre? I've spotted a few in my life, but always from my peripheral vision and/or a picture of them pops in my mind.

I've often wondered if it was the person seeing the ghost who is more "tuned" into seeing them or is it the ghost or spirit who has varying energies in which to appear to people. As a side note, I have heard it said that the spirit of the deceased is more apt to be seen soon after they die then years past. I guess it has something to do with their density changing from one dimension to another.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gwampo

Sorry for your loss Gwampo. I hope for your sake you get to to see him one more time.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by jewells
Interesting story OP.
Maybe he appeared to the neighbor because your grandmother didn't believe in the paranormal?
Another thing that has me wondering, when he died during the night, did medics attend to help/remove his body?
Maybe the neighbor saw the commotion, hence the phone call?
edit on 3-5-2012 by jewells because: (no reason given)

My Grandfather was still lying dead in the bed at the morning and my Grandmother had not yet called the paramedics when the neighbour called.
edit on 3-5-2012 by RhinestoneCowboy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by RhinestoneCowboy

Sometimes the spirit of a yet-to-be deceased would "travel" prior to a person dying. This happens quite often. I was vacationing with family last August in Florida and I was up reading a book late at night when I noticed the light in the children's bedroom go out. I immediately went to the bedroom and looked in, turned the light switch back on and of course, the children were fast asleep at the other side of the room.

Based on what my mother and grandmother have told us about spirits travelling I knew that someone in my family must have either died or was dying. Sure enough, the next morning I got a call from my brother telling me that my oldest uncle, who was very close to me died in his sleep earlier that morning. I remembered he always was a person who kept a neat house and turned off his lights when not in use. I just knew right away that he had come to visit me prior to his death, just to let me know that he was on his way from our earthly existence.

Strange to many people, I know, but it happened to me and I have heard similar stories from family members and friends about being visited by a spirit either prior or after a loved one died.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Very nice stories here. Thanks for contribution y`all!
edit on 3-5-2012 by RhinestoneCowboy because: (no reason given)

top topics

join