It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mass Mobilization: Israel brings out reserve border battalions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Israel's strengthening its southern and northern borders, deploying at least 22 battalions of troops to protect the country from the growing tension with Egypt and the ongoing conflict in Syria. Israeli generals say they're on alert from the threat of terror attack ahead of Egyptian presidential elections as well as Syrian turmoil.

hmm.. no mention of Iran? Maybe Syria/Egypt are cover for what's about to happen in the region and Gulf?

22 battalions is a big deal. To feed and wash this many soldiers in remote regions for months at a time isn't cheap and the logistics are immense. Something's about to go down.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

Israel under the threat of terror? Well isn't that ripe!
The terrorists are facing terror ooh nooo!

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I wouldn't call 6 battalions a 'mass' mobilization. You couldn't invade Egypt or Iran with 6 battalions alone. I don't know how many other units they have operational, but I think they expect America to do the heavy lifting in the event of war in Iran. I'm going to believe them this time when they say these battalions are for defense.

oh never mind, I just read where you mentioned 22 battalions. I got 6 battalions from the thread earlier today. Man I am stupid. This is something to be concerned about.

On second thought perhaps they mobilized six reserve bats and deployed a total of 22 (16 standing + 6 reserve) to their borders?
edit on 2-5-2012 by Mkoll because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Wait, so Israel is guarding what they probably provoked? wha?
edit on 2-5-2012 by Jordan River because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jordan River

How can Israel be blamed for Egyptian elections and Syria unrest?

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN

I think he's saying they provoke terror (example Palestinian prison city, genocide of the Palestinians)

We can all pretend that the genocide on the Palestinians is not happening, we can pretend there is not a country that is bound to a prison city in which another country dictates who eats, sleeps and drinks. We can pretend that Israel in not worse than the WWII Nazi regime.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by YourDreamsCanceled

Originally posted by CALGARIAN

I think he's saying they provoke terror (example Palestinian prison city, genocide of the Palestinians)

We can all pretend that the genocide on the Palestinians is not happening, we can pretend there is not a country that is bound to a prison city in which another country dictates who eats, sleeps and drinks. We can pretend that Israel in not worse than the WWII Nazi regime.

You're aware that Gaza also shares a border with Egypt, yes?
That if it's a "prison city", if you claim, that Egypt is also responsible?
That perhaps, the fact that an Islamist nation and a Jewish nation actually both AGREE on the security risk that Gaza poses might suggest something?

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Awen24

So they just put a ginormous wall around the city for giggles.

I think people are more blind today than 20 years ago.

top topics

join