It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama addresses the camera, no troops allowed!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on May, 2 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater
Could of sworn I heard him hissing at the end of the speech.

Nope...that was his handlers deflating him...time to pack him up and off to the next green screen event...fill him with hot air, and do it all over again....

Des

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by ZeroReady

Few things I noticed about that video:

1) the audio (reverb) sounds like they are in a large room like a hangar or some similar large enclosed building
2) the lighting changes from very bright at the beginning to much dimmer toward the end, this possibly indicating it was filmed outside, which would make (1) rather improbable.
3) the entrance and exit seem really awkward for some reason...
4) if you follow the presidents shadow when he starts to walk away it does appear as if he is legitimately "there"...

This video does seem a bit odd, but I can't quite put my finger on exactly why.
edit on 2-5-2012 by Sly1one because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

is it just me or is that not the normal way to display a flag? it looks like it might be backwards? or is that just the angle? is not a improperly hung or displayed flag a sign of distress and or an occupied base (soruce black sheep tv show on the history channel where theire base was occupied by japanese so they hung the flag backwards to let pilots know not to land?)

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Wag the dog. After seeing all of this, do you still believe that birth certificate was real?

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by KilrathiLG

is it just me or is that not the normal way to display a flag? it looks like it might be backwards? or is that just the angle? is not a improperly hung or displayed flag a sign of distress and or an occupied base (soruce black sheep tv show on the history channel where theire base was occupied by japanese so they hung the flag backwards to let pilots know not to land?)

You are correct. I went back and looked at it. It is reversed and hung vertically. It should be turned around and hung horizontally. You would think they could at least get the American Flag right.....

Des

edit on 2-5-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 01:16 AM
link   
I have to repeat myself!

While your worrying about the backdrop you are all missing the message. Listen to the speech! We are on page 2 and no one has commented on the words he is saying. Are you willing to be led like this baaaaaaaa.

P

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by abe froman

I never did, Abe....I never did....

Great avatar by the way...Sausage King!

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   

well thats the only reason i brought it up as its a distress signal....so was that a message from the troops about our country or is the base obama on occupied by the enemy as thats the only actual event from history that i know where the flag has been displayed offficaly in that manner?

wiki.answers.com...

An American flag or for that matter any flag flown upside-down is considered a sign of distress... Mutiny, piracy, sinking, coup, rebellion of the people/government. The fact that any flag flown upside-down means distress is not the whole story however... flags flown upside-down can and are used as a form of protest. The flag is a symbol of control and superiority. The use of such in any other way is considered "desecration". . . Read more: wiki.answers.com...
sorry for posting it in its entireity but its yahoo answers so i dont think copy right applies? if im wrong feel free to edit it mods, and some more links
www.crwflags.com...

www.proadvance.com... but before any one slams me for spreading disinfo this site seems to say it was in fact displayed correctly if the picture in the middle and the last one are correct i guess this might be the correct way to display it?
edit on 2-5-2012 by KilrathiLG because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by pheonix358

Well what I got from it when not lulled off...2014 maybe all the troops will come home, we will never have a permanent base there (never say never) and he claimed Pakistan is a democracy...I have to watch it again because A: he bores me to tears B: I don't believe a word he says C: He's evil

That's my 2 cents.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by pheonix358
I have to repeat myself!

While your worrying about the backdrop you are all missing the message. Listen to the speech! We are on page 2 and no one has commented on the words he is saying. Are you willing to be led like this baaaaaaaa.

P

Did he say something new....I thought not...It's another Obama info-mercial to garner votes.

Des

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by timetothink

- 1. FEAR

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by KilrathiLG

Good theory...I think our troops are aware that he probably know squat about flag etiquette...so if they wanted to send a message that is an excellent way. Or because he knows squat, he never noticed the scene is mirrored?

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by timetothink

while its just my friends opinion and he was in the air force he seemed to think we have a 99 year lease on bagram airbase and i belive that is in afganistan www.foxnews.com... it does not mention it in the article i linked so ill treat it as hearsay for now but if any one can confrim that in addition to obama saying that the troops will be there tell 2024?

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Thank You...I learned something new.....That was a nifty chart you linked to.

Des

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 01:25 AM
link   

During the presidential address, troops were not allowed to be in the same area as the president.

Implying he was afraid to be present in front of the troops? He addressed a huge number of troops, and shook hands with a crowd of them. Go ahead and tell me this was green screen!

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Toolatetotalk
Was this before or after the car bomb went off in the city?

Hours before apparently.Either way,some of you people need to get off the computer.A lot of you make a big deal out of nothing.He's not making an earth shattering announcement there.So who cares where he was.Hopefully this clown is no longer in office come this time next year.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

Secret Service men dressed in fatigues.....keeps them out of trouble ya know...

Des

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by pheonix358
I have to repeat myself!

P

What was so important about the speech? I listened and analyzed and heard a bunch of stuff a president would say to appease people, this is no different than virtually any other time the president says anything...

Every time the president gets on TV I can predict what the hell he is going to say...because its that same old recycled script...

"america is awesome, the troops are awesome, i am awesome, america is awesome, were saving the world, democracy this and democracy that, the us and its allies are awesome, awesome is awesome, did I mention I am awesome?? this green screen is awesome, bla bla bla..."

The only thing that irked me even a little bit was him alluding he was still going to be relevant enough in 2014-2017 to follow through on some of the proposals he mentioned...

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   

No I guess not I think we read it wrong...it needs to be UPSIDE DOWN...dang I was hoping for a sign from the troops.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Possibly I have it wrong but it appears to me he is taking credit for the whole let's invade Afghanistan. It seemed to be me,me,me,me, meh meh.

If you find it boring as an infomercial then you need to pay particular notice. It can be like one of those toy egg surprises. Later the Government tells you you were informed. Not their fault if you were sleeping.

Would be nice to know if he was actually there or not. Cheating on the troops is not a good way to garner votes.

P

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join