It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comfort Debilitates Innovation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
As I am watching "Rocket City Rednecks" on NG channel "Moon Buggy" episode,it occurs to me that Comfort debilitates innovation. During the 1950's - 60's The innovation of the Western Civilization was in full kick. We were building Rockets to put man on the moon, building 747 aircraft to push hundreds of people through the air to other places, even new drugs and working to discover DNA. Then what?
Exactly! Then what? Well we have it all now. There is nothing left. Could this have been the doom of other civilizations? I am open to reinventing the wheel but even that has its practical reasoning of "WHY"

The Book and late movie "When Atlas Shrugged" explores new innovation (reinventing the wheel) hampered by politics involved with business.With the Church and State issue COULD we possibly be missing the "Noah's Ark" by allowing State and Big or Small Business to be mixed. The spirit of competition and the laws of Supply and Demand and Safety are all we really need to turn this lost ship of a country around.
edit on 1-5-2012 by rebellender because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Africa must be hiding a lot of innovation.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
When one has everything, they must adhere to moderation, or drown. Familiar with the psychological baseline effect?

This is something most folks lack. We continue to saturate ourselves with entertainment and things that prop our emotions up.

What happens to a dependent nation of people when their supplier of entertainment disappears? I believe we are starting to see it... Depression and collapse, and a mad scramble to substitute our missing entertainment to prop our emotions back up.

The answer for everyone is a stronger internal mentality, for every individual. I believe this is based on their on spirituality, something that has systematically been degraded by the powers that be.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by rebellender
As I am watching "Rocket City Rednecks" on NG channel "Moon Buggy" episode,it occurs to me that Comfort debilitates innovation. During the 1950's - 60's The innovation of the Western Civilization was in full kick. We were building Rockets to put man on the moon, building 747 aircraft to push hundreds of people through the air to other places, even new drugs and working to discover DNA. Then what?
Exactly! Then what? Well we have it all now. There is nothing left. Could this have been the doom of other civilizations? I am open to reinventing the wheel but even that has its practical reasoning of "WHY"

The Book and late movie "When Atlas Shrugged" explores new innovation (reinventing the wheel) hampered by politics involved with business.With the Church and State issue COULD we possibly be missing the "Noah's Ark" by allowing State and Big or Small Business to be mixed. The spirit of competition and the laws of Supply and Demand and Safety are all we really need to turn this lost ship of a country around.
edit on 1-5-2012 by rebellender because: (no reason given)

Excellent observations. It's also a big portion of the reasons the jobs market is in a slump. Without new innovation, we as a nation, have become stale. It's like the candle is burning near the end of it's wick.

Des

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by satron

didn't expect a heckle in this forum, but now that all of your years and wisdom have shed light on my Ignorance of Africa, please dont stop there, tell us all how to fix Africa and then expound you gracious gray matter to the complexes of the world. By now dont we need a Moses,
are you that Moses?

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by rebellender

Originally posted by satron

didn't expect a heckle in this forum, but now that all of your years and wisdom have shed light on my Ignorance of Africa, please dont stop there, tell us all how to fix Africa and then expound you gracious gray matter to the complexes of the world. By now dont we need a Moses,
are you that Moses?

If it wasn't for these human bodies
we could do many things but we have
limitations. Humans can only take so
much speed on. What anytime soon is
going to replace the airplane except maybe
better airplanes could go orbital ect. I don't think gasoline
is going anywhere for another 50 years in cars. I think greed
limits some of it, be it the rich man making a million more dollars
or the poor folks crying for more.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by popsmayhem

I am short on answers
this is for sure, I was hoping smarty pants poster would solve all the problems but he hasn't stopped back by.

top topics

join