It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You MUST wrap your head around this.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Three things that need to be fully understood heading into "halftime" of the 2012 Year of Confusion festival.
1. The universe is a giant clock, just as the big hand on your watch makes the same predictable sweep past 12 twice per day, our past repeats itself over and over again in very predictable patterns.
2. Ancient civilizations are confusing because we look at them from our own limited and skewed perspective. We assume they made giant precise monuments with primitive tools, monuments we can't duplicate with modern technology. Truth is they made them out of stone so they would survive. Truth is ALL THAT SURVIVED was the stone, the tools and technology, with few exceptions, were destroyed by disaster.
3. We just surpassed the seven billion mark in world population, it's getting harder to feed all these people and the morons we call scientists are genetically modifying crops to solve the problem. If you remove the biblical flood from the equation and just look at Darwin we should have passed the 7 billion mark a LONG time ago, many times over. Truth is every once in a while the etch a sketch gets a big old shake.
The only people who are going to survive the coming process are those who abandon their preconceived notions of reality and realize the only thing we know, is we know nothing.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Trublbrwing

I agree with this.

It's ok If I die this round.

I'll be just fine.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
We reached the first billion mark by about 1850. By 1950, it was about 2.5 billion. In less than one short lifetime, this figure doubled. It passed six billion in the late 1990s. Note that: humans took 150,000 years to get to the first billion. The most recent billion arrived in just 12 years.

It takes 900 tonnes of water to grow a tonne of wheat, and there is only so much water, so much land and so much sunshine. Human action has its own "ecological footprint"; there has to be so much land to provide food, clothing, shelter, medicines, building material, fresh air and clean water for any one human. It takes, according to some calculations, 2.1 hectares of land and water to provide for one average human. The important word is: average. The American footprint is about 10 hectares. So if all humans lived at US standards, we'd need another four Earths.

this may well be a possibility who knows its worth a thought..

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trublbrwing
Three things that need to be fully understood heading into "halftime" of the 2012 Year of Confusion festival.
1. The universe is a giant clock, just as the big hand on your watch makes the same predictable sweep past 12 twice per day, our past repeats itself over and over again in very predictable patterns.
2. Ancient civilizations are confusing because we look at them from our own limited and skewed perspective. We assume they made giant precise monuments with primitive tools, monuments we can't duplicate with modern technology. Truth is they made them out of stone so they would survive. Truth is ALL THAT SURVIVED was the stone, the tools and technology, with few exceptions, were destroyed by disaster.
3. We just surpassed the seven billion mark in world population, it's getting harder to feed all these people and the morons we call scientists are genetically modifying crops to solve the problem. If you remove the biblical flood from the equation and just look at Darwin we should have passed the 7 billion mark a LONG time ago, many times over. Truth is every once in a while the etch a sketch gets a big old shake.
The only people who are going to survive the coming process are those who abandon their preconceived notions of reality and realize the only thing we know, is we know nothing.

Pretty much whats been said for a long long time...........

I guess my point is i dunno why you think these are ideas are unique to you?

Or are you just reminding everyone of theories that have already been put forth?

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   

I totally agree, I've been focusing on this for the last few months. To truly learn we must start from a new, honest, and truthful foundation, a place where each ones glass is empty.

Its my dream to truly accept I know nothing, and with that inspirational mindset I will see and comprehend for the first time, and be home.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by denver22

If we got to use the suppressed technology in regards to food, healthcare, learning, etc etc, each person could live and thrive and be in total balance with their ecological footprint.

we'd need another four Earths. this may well be a possibility who knows its worth a thought..

What do we actually KNOW about space, there easily could be habitable planets, maybe in close proximity that could offer us the ultimate gift, a second, third, fourth EARTH.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Agreed. If our population keeps growing like this, we will have some major problems down the road. Hate to say it, but there should be a law restricting people to a maximum of 6kids.If 6 kids isnt enough then they can always go adopt one of the million of abandoned/homeless kids in the system. I know two people personally that have 10 kids from several different "baby mamas" (ridiculous!) Now if those kids grow up and have 3 kids per person and they keep going like that for 5 generations.
That one family will contribute 7290 people to earths population. Now I know everyone doesnt have 3 kids each, but it really makes you think about what the future may hold.....

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by bjscribz
Agreed. If our population keeps growing like this, we will have some major problems down the road. Hate to say it, but there should be a law restricting people to a maximum of 6kids.If 6 kids isnt enough then they can always go adopt one of the million of abandoned/homeless kids in the system. I know two people personally that have 10 kids from several different "baby mamas" (ridiculous!) Now if those kids grow up and have 3 kids per person and they keep going like that for 5 generations.
That one family will contribute 7290 people to earths population. Now I know everyone doesnt have 3 kids each, but it really makes you think about what the future may hold.....

Exactly strains on services are already abundan't.We need to act soon.. i think the government are to afraid to say so.. instead they take the cowards way out and poison people..

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
19th century crazies: The end is Nigh!

20th century crazies: The is Nigh/Near!

21st century crazies: same song, different century, still no personal jet packs or flying cars.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

It's a reminder for those who know and a heads up for those who don't.
There are a lot of evil people who are about to find out who really steers the ship.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla

19th century crazies: The end is Nigh!

20th century crazies: The is Nigh/Near!

21st century crazies: same song, different century, still no personal jet packs or flying cars.

That's actually a good thing. With the way some people drive, including right into buildings, I really don't want them above me and behind me all at once.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trublbrwing

It bothers me that the only people the masses seem to recognize as "scientists" aren't scientists at all - rather they're well paid shills who may have enough education to understand the sciences - but ONLY DO WHAT THEIR TOLD. Their "studies" focus on making political cases for their paymasters.

"Real scientists" often end up unemployed or dead. And the situation is especially complicated via "military significance". Even food technology is considered "militarily significant". So are microbiology things... And even wind-turbine technologies (I have the impression my 2nd wind-turbine-related-patent is held up over a "military classification" issue - but of course I may never hear a word about it again (as long as I'm not more specific about it than that)).

So yea, I'm saying that real "science" has become prohibited and the so-called "scientists" that are recognized by TPTB aren't scientists at all. Instead their politicians and "yes men".

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   

I appreciate that.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by denver22
We reached the first billion mark by about 1850. By 1950, it was about 2.5 billion. In less than one short lifetime, this figure doubled. It passed six billion in the late 1990s. Note that: humans took 150,000 years to get to the first billion. The most recent billion arrived in just 12 years.

It takes 900 tonnes of water to grow a tonne of wheat, and there is only so much water, so much land and so much sunshine. Human action has its own "ecological footprint"; there has to be so much land to provide food, clothing, shelter, medicines, building material, fresh air and clean water for any one human. It takes, according to some calculations, 2.1 hectares of land and water to provide for one average human. The important word is: average. The American footprint is about 10 hectares. So if all humans lived at US standards, we'd need another four Earths.

this may well be a possibility who knows its worth a thought..

One of the more mature and well reasoned replies I have read for a while .

top topics

join