It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My apology to white people I previously believed were racist!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by DZAG Wright

Just a few questinos...

What do you think of Al Sharpton, Louis Farrakhan, and Rev Jesse Jackson?

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   

What I hate is how prejudiced people have earned a title, such as racist or bigot. If someone hates another for something as trivial as skin color, they're not racist - they're stupid.

The word "Racist" actually sounds cool - too cool for them. If a member of the Ku Klux Klan had a five-year-old son, I know if I asked him if he was going to grow up to be a racist like his daddy, he'd get all excited and say, "Yeah! I'm gonna be a racist just like my daddy! Yeah yeah!"

But, if I asked him if he was going to grow up to be stupid like his daddy, he'd say NOOOO! lololol

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   

my "thoughts"- you are indulging in huge gross generalisation, group think and, consequently, racism

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   

edit on 1-5-2012 by blueorder because: treble post

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   

edit on 1-5-2012 by blueorder because: treble post

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

Nope. Judaism is a RELIGION. Not a race. You're confusing semitic with Judaism. Not all Jew's re semitic and not all semitics are Jew's.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone
Okay, I will admit to it. I am mildly racist. But no matter what my personal feelings may be, I will never support discrimination. No matter what my feelings may be, I do try to treat people with respect and fairness. I'm not perfect and I don't always succeed because there is a lot of stupidity in the world, but I do try.I do believe in civil rights and liberties above all else.

I'm mildly racist because I have a fair amount of anxieties towards people.

I know people are going to insult me and call me ignorant, but I can't help my anxieties.

I have nothing more to say on the matter.

You might not be defining racist in your description when you say you have a fair amount of anxieties towards people. A mean looking white person is just as scary as a mean looking black person. I don't care what the race is, if a person is a 200 lb. musclebound toughguy, he's going to deliberately have an intimidating air about him. If a man is a family man looking to support his wife and kids, you can just tell.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask

Just a few questinos...

Whatever I think of these men, it has to do with their personalities and not their skin color. Assholiness is color blind.

I have always liked Jesse Jackson.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Being an American is not good enough anymore.

Seriously, people want so desperately to be unique and special!

To deny that the cultures are not separate and distinct is naive at best; about the issue in general here in the US somewhere kids are getting the idea that to just be who you are if white is something to apologize or feel guilty about. I think that place as someone mentioned before is through school and in the media. Vilifying “white” America.

I am all for us just being Americans but the minorities are the ones who want to hyphenate themselves and demand to be treated as special and separate.

Respect our culture! They scream from the rooftops while pissing on the culture others.

Fine, I'm all for one's freedom to dress speak and conduct oneself in whatever manner you chose until it infringes on the rights of another.

However, to constantly cry out, “I am special. Look at me!” by ones dress, diction and mannerisms then cry foul when people point out the simple differences seems a bit hypocritical to me.

Surely you can see the socioeconomic differences in the relative success and failures of the different races in the world? We could argue till the end of time that religious indoctrination and European imperialism killed Africa but it’s been a long time since the whites left Africa to the Aficans. It doesn’t seem to be going to swell. I do not believe the failure of the cultures in Africa is related institutional racism any longer.

Institutional racism is dead especially in America; even with all the legal advantages minorities enjoy - especially blacks in America, they seem to be going down the ladder of racial and cultural success instead of up. Gotta ask yourself why?

The glass ceiling has been broken a black man is President FFS - what other reason is there for the disparity than culture?

The special status under the law is the major issue with race in America. It’s a hate crime when Zimmerman shoots a black kid and it’s all the rage in the news. A white kid is set on fire in Kansas City by some black kids…crickets.

Until we get past all this special status and protections under the law and start looking at each person as an individual rather than a member of that group we will never have true equality - sorry. Can't

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Just a few questinos...

Personally, I think the three of them know more about the proper role and functioning of an agitator than this guy...

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   

As a white person I have to say that you are seeing the light and woke up to an uncomfortable truth.

I may get flamed at HATED for saying so, but I don't do "politically correct" anymore. Life is too short.

You are right, it's a CULTURAL thing. My belief , what I have noticed through a lifetime of analysis is that 'racism' is rarely such thing. It's a cultural disagreement. Most of the people which are labelled racists are mislabeled.

Whites are usually not aware or speak of skin color as a reason to 'hate' someone. As you said, it's 'thug' culture, or ignorance shown by ANY ethnicity

I know some other white people reading this are SEETHING at the thought that I am admitting it. And they're angry as hell at the thought that I would even say such a thing. But you have to understand that whites are conditioned since childhood to fear looking like a "racist" so much so, that we fear even speaking of CULTURALISM. We'll attack when one of 'us' strays off the guilt fed official line and admits that we are closeted culturalists and we do feel threatened.

Our white guilt is so pervasive that we suck up our anger and internalize it when sometimes we just want to shout or get angry. But see, we can't do that, it's not acceptable. Because to a white person one of the worst things you can be known as is a 'racist'.

You are correct that many whites get upset at cultural differences (they won't admit it in public). Sometimes we just get tired of being the target for all things "racist", and feel like anyone is allowed to attack us verbally and physically with no thought, while we pay the ultimate price.

We don't care if someone is in our neighborhoods of a different color, as long as they are "American", or reflect a mostly white American/ European based influence, or stay within a certain range of norms

OH BOY IS THAT GONNA MAKE PEOPLE ANGRY?
(hint: the white guilters are grinding their teeth that I am saying this..I can practically feel them through the computer)

I would HATE to be a black man or "minority" in an all white neighborhood. The standard is higher. Gotta 'prove' yourself and such. I see it in my wonderbread neighborhood too. People don't say it, but it's there. As long as the friends or family that come around aren't too rough or 'thugged', we can hang. As long as you're not too 'black'.

Same thing happened when I lived in mostly black neighborhoods. "Don't get too crazy white guy...or else the neighborhood will have you on watch".

Take a black man and dress him in a suit and tie, white people react differently.
Take the same black man and have him drive a car bumping rap or walking around with his boxers showing and pants sagging with tats and corn rows.

What changed, his DNA? Nope...

As I'm sure if you strutted a white dude with a Bronco and a gun rack through South Central and cowboy boots with a mullet....

Take the same white guy and dress him in Hip Hop styled clothing... same reaction?

Race? DNA change? nope

We're all culturalists. And we need to wake up to the fact that cultural norms are the basis for many of these fears and disagreements.

I know I've said a lot in this post. I know it will make some of my fellow 'whites' nuts because there's a part of them that has Stockholm Syndrome of sorts. A part of them is repentant of being white, like they should apologize.I feel it's an illness with some.

I don't apologize. I'm not 'proud' to be white because I had no hand in it, so why be proud. it was a random birth event I had no choice in, just as a black man or other had no choice in theirs.

But cultural differences are ways of thought. And when they don't match, 'racism' will grow.
Which is why Multi Cultural nations come with many problems. Not to be confused with Multi-Racial.

You've woken to a truth OP. And 'racism' will never stop if Cultures aren't on the same page. It's been proven over and over till it's nauseating. And all the PC talk in the world cannot change that fact. Real solutions require real analysis.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

Just a few questinos...

Whatever I think of these men, it has to do with their personalities and not their skin color. Assholiness is color blind.

I have always liked Jesse Jackson.

nope has nothing to do with their skin color and everything to do with how they think, and what they teach......and if people agree with it or not....

That being said.............If the OP does find these gentlemen to be people he looks up to or likes, then it would be easy to understand why he holds the point of view that he does

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Auricom

You do know that there is a separate Jewish culture from their religion don't you?

Here's a wiki entry to get you started:

en.wikipedia.org...

Edit;

And to say that Jews aren't Semite stems from Islam. Islam has declared that all Jews can't be semites. Why? So they can't be charged with antisemitism.

edit on 1-5-2012 by EvilSadamClone because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

That doesn't cut it! Your source only discusses Jewish culture, and not the Jewish "race".

I want you to explain about that Jewish "culture" that you claim "can be a race".

See ya,
Milt

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
I have been declared “a racist” on more than one occasion for daring to quote the glaring disparity between the different races and their relative IQ’s. I am certainly no scientist but I can read. The facts are there garnered from those scientists daring enough to risk all to simply ask the question. The Bell Curve being one place that proves a lower IQ in blacks of one standard deviation when compared to whites.

I find it unconscionable that a good number of otherwise open minded and logically thinking individuals will readily admit that there are real physical differences between the races of human beings but will immediately pull the race card if one advances the idea that intellect, drive and the relative success they bring could not possibly be linked to genetics. That we are to believe is only related to outside factors. 5000 plus years of recorded history support that there is a clear difference in the relative societal and collective success of the different races. It is largely ignored.

It is absurd. Behavior is clearly genetic in other species of animals on earth; humans are animals albeit with a very complex social structure. One could argue complex social structure in other species canines – i.e. wolves specifically have a very complex hierarchy and social structure. Other canines in a feral setting will largely adopt identical if not similar behaviors – i.e. genetic implanted obviously.

A species of canines can be bred to achieve a predisposition to herd, fetch or hunt. Why would behavior not be genetic for us? Certainly we can all see the predisposition in black culture to certain self destructive behaviors – promiscuity, tribalism, addiction, crime etc. The statistics are there.

You will not see many scholarly inquiries on this topic because to even advance it puts a scientist on the funding “black list”. Why don’t we want to know?

Again, some label me racist – I don’t believe one race is inherently “superior” to another; however, I do see that they are very different and enjoy a different amount of societal and cultural successes.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by DZAG Wright
Thoughts....

I'd say you're a bit racist yourself and you haven't personally progressed past it.

The fact is you have been wrapped up in battle that is white people vs white people + others. A lot of white people believe in you and would like to see you as an equal, some white people believe only white people should control this world. White people are good at controlling #.

White people are extremely diverse and many are actually on your side, though you don't seem to know it.

But white people live and survive in a certain way and we are very orderly (well... and also chaotic but thats another conversation), up until this point in time this has shown to be the most effective way of making progress as a unity. Until we can come up with something better, together, then this is what we have.

White people are just like you for the most part, just another race with different pros, cons and idealisms.
edit on 1-5-2012 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   

I am the white devil !!!!!!

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheTardis

I dont consider myself racist.. I am not sure what you would call it. I dont like people that are rude, disrespectful, take advantage of others, steal from people who worked for what they have and look for handouts where ever they can get it. And yes to an extent I "resent" people who take advantage of those who work for a living, and did make something of themselves. Yes I do think that some races get more handouts and get more free rides that they dont take. Its easier to sit back and complain than it is to get up and work. Racist? I dont think so.. I have friends of all races and walks of life. But I dont give to craps about people that lack common respect for other people and there is a very large segment of our population that walks around with a chip on their shoulder like the world owes them something because of their skin color. And you know what. Maybe thats true but the world does give them more than it gives me as a plain ordinary white American. And thats just the bottom line. So people that want to complain and say something is racist just because its the easy thing to blame need to step back and look. Its not about class, its not about status and most of the time its not about color. Its about a common level of respect and respect has to be earned no matter what color you are.

The racism or bigotry rears its head when a connection is made that black people (or whatever race) don't display the qualities you admire. Or that they are the only ones asking for handouts.

Your take that certain people are given more than you is a false building block for what can be your bigotry. As a black man I can't think of ONE thing I've been given because I'm black. You and others who have preconceived ideas however think otherwise. There are actually white people who believe black people are given preference in receiving govt assistance. Well, that's my field and I can tell you it is false. The reason it seems black people get assistance easier is because they know how too! That and they have no assets!

A white person may fall on hard times and have no income but they still own a house or some other liquid money...so they get denied and spread the rumor they were denied because they're white while Kesha simply gets approved.

Don't worry though, black women face the same stereotype from black men who curse the system for only helping women! When in truth men can get the same assistance IF they knew how.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Please dude. You opened up your post with the race card.

No one really cares what you think or what you have to say.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by ErtaiNaGia

Pft... "Black Culture", are you joking me? Seriously?

You really think this "Rap Music Thug Mentality" is a Freaking CULTURE?

Are you absolutly BLIND?

"The Secret Meeting that Changed Hip-hop and Destroyed a Generation"

I hate to break this to you, buddy... but your entire "Culture" is social programming and indoctrination that has been shoved down your peoples THROATS to turn them into a WEAPON against the one thing that makes the New World Order AFRAID.

A Nation that allows Freedom of Speech, and Expression.

A Nation with a strong Economy.

A Nation of Intellectuals and Entrepreneurs.

A Nation of Free Men.

This "Black Culture" that you speak of, isn't a Culture, it is a Memetic Weapon directed AT America, by the New World Order....

Shielded by the fear of the word "Racism"

Think about it, for god sakes.... Your People have been subconsciously TRAINED by the mass media to serve as a WEAPON to undermine the only legitimate threat left to the NWO.

The Only BLACK CULTURE that Exists in AMERICA, is what the NWO has *FED* you.

......... Call Me Racist.

Just Do IT.

Yes hip hop is a part of black american culture and no it was not created on purpose by tptb. It has been stolen by money and greed however.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join