It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My apology to white people I previously believed were racist!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
It hit me like a bullet...even the white people we believe are racist may not be. I think I've deciphered what it is, and just need a term for it.

They hate different CULTURES...not necessarily the people. I don't know if it's exclusive to them, but they seem to be the most efficient at this.

I also think it's necessary to clarify what I mean by them "hating" other cultures. It's not a blind hatred to any culture other than there's, rather, any culture which threatens to surplant their's as the dominant culture...strong candidate being America.

It's not all black people white people dislike I've noticed. You will notice they give credit where they think credit is due. They are fine with a black professional. They get along just fine with black families in their neighborhood who emulate the "white" culture. The culture which many Conservatives have the code name of "Real American" for.

Nothing but respect for the professional Mexican or Asian who graduated college and now have a professional job or are a business owner.

See where this leads....ANYONE who subscribes to their Matrix...their culture, which for 400 years has been the ONE dominant and only accepted American culture.

What has happened that frightens many in white America however, is their culture is losing (or seemingly) it's monopoly on what is acceptable in America. It is no longer the single standard.

Black Americans began with their slang and music. Black music has basically become a strong contender to the top music in the WORLD! In particular rap music! Rap music receives major play in Europe, Asia, Australia, the Middle East....basically everywhere. The youth in those places are copying rappers from America. You can go to Japan and you will find people there who don't speak English but know the words to songs by Snoop Dogg or Wu Tang.

Here in America, the hip hop culture has bled over into suburbia. There is scarcely a white person who can claim they never (at the least) went through their "black music" phase. Sure many later turn their back on the music, but it frightens mothers and fathers to see their kids imitating rappers.

To cut back to my starting point: I realize white people are more afraid of their culture being replaced as number one!

Ever wonder what was the connect that a white person is fine with their black friends, but hate the (what they would call) punk thug, who they've never spoken to because he wears his pants low and has tattoos.

Thoughts....

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Okay, I will admit to it. I am mildly racist. But no matter what my personal feelings may be, I will never support discrimination. No matter what my feelings may be, I do try to treat people with respect and fairness. I'm not perfect and I don't always succeed because there is a lot of stupidity in the world, but I do try.I do believe in civil rights and liberties above all else.

I'm mildly racist because I have a fair amount of anxieties towards people.

I know people are going to insult me and call me ignorant, but I can't help my anxieties.

I have nothing more to say on the matter.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I do not intend to target any one race, but generally speaking.

I think what it basically boils down to is that others come to this country and try to change it. Whether by social conditioning or by lobbying for laws.

Basically, people come to this country and not exactly agree with the American culture, and try to force feed a culture change where a culture change is not wanted. Kind of like going into other countries and building churches where they are not wanted.

I do not have a problem with different cultures, but do not come to my country and expect me to change because you do not like our lifestyle.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by DZAG Wright

That doesn't look like an apology for being racist. It looks more like an excuse to be one!

See ya,
Milt

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I'm not sure if I know what hip hop culture is.
Rap's ok but most of the people I know listen to pop/new age.
My family's pagan and most of our friends are white and I don't think a lot of 'white folk' like us either because of religious differences. The church teaches them not to associate with us.

I don't think it is hate as much as fear really...fear of lawlessness. They think any way but their own is dangerous.
It's been bred into them. "That's just not the way we do things"

12,000 celebrated Beltane in Scotland last night at the Beltane Fire Festival.

As information gets around, people find out - HEY, I like this way better! This way is more fun! This way makes more sense to me!

The game is on. I wouldn't worry so much if I were you.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   

My thoughts? Bigotry exists in many forms. It's equally distributed among all people of all cultures and skin color. Those who are bigots think everyone but them is a bigot.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   

While people fight over culture they just separate themselves even more from the real problems. Rap is no different from any other industry, when money can be made the market gets so saturated with material and the quality of the product is not very good as seen in the current rap scene, it gets harder to find good products when a market is so saturated.

Call it culture, call it music, call it whatever you want but as your rep your culture and your pride others are profiting off it and could care less what you represent as the money is filling their pockets.

Meanwhile people kill and war over different cultures all the while the two waring cultures never gain a thing.

Divide and conquer - when one sees them self better than others and fights another who thinks is better but both are getting robbed whether they're fighting or not.

See it as these people coping this culture or this culture being better than that culture - egos will be the down fall of all cultures

My creativity is better than yours - not as important when you put it that way - kind of reminds me of kindergarten
edit on 1-5-2012 by YourDreamsCanceled because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   

I dont consider myself racist.. I am not sure what you would call it. I dont like people that are rude, disrespectful, take advantage of others, steal from people who worked for what they have and look for handouts where ever they can get it. And yes to an extent I "resent" people who take advantage of those who work for a living, and did make something of themselves. Yes I do think that some races get more handouts and get more free rides that they dont take. Its easier to sit back and complain than it is to get up and work. Racist? I dont think so.. I have friends of all races and walks of life. But I dont give to craps about people that lack common respect for other people and there is a very large segment of our population that walks around with a chip on their shoulder like the world owes them something because of their skin color. And you know what. Maybe thats true but the world does give them more than it gives me as a plain ordinary white American. And thats just the bottom line. So people that want to complain and say something is racist just because its the easy thing to blame need to step back and look. Its not about class, its not about status and most of the time its not about color. Its about a common level of respect and respect has to be earned no matter what color you are.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Sigh, again with this racism nonsense.

You do realize you CANNOT be racist towards a culture right? You also realize you cannot be racist towards a religion right? The ONLY thing you can be RAC(E)ist against is RACE.

I hate black people - Racism.
I hate Muslims - Not racism.
I hate hip hop culture - Not racism.

It may be intolerant, but intolerance isn't racism. Get a grip.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Except that sometimes a culture can be a race, as in the JEWISH culture/race.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
What cultures are you talking about. The La. type gang culture. Are maybe the rap,thug life, Slap your b!^%$ and pop some caps in the cops #$$ culture. Then theres the East coast gangs. There always real popular around Boston and New York,and the Hispanic gangs are much more involved and better drug runners than the rest.

You dont get it. Speaking for myself; Yes, I am very prejudice against cultures that glorify violence, peddle drugs, and demean women so openly. I know that white people have our bad, public figures too. They are no better, But what your calling a difference in culture is a difference in the views and followings of a polite and hard working society and a take what I want because I can mentality. Do I treat Juan down the street, Who has a 50 hour a week job, two kids, and works his but off, differently than I treat Jose standing on the corner down town trading little baggies for 20$ to passing cars. Hell yea !!!. Just like I have alot more respect for Bob Janet, The bi-racial couple down the street, Than I do Billy Bob and Betty at the Klan ralley on sat. night.

You talk about this like the shorts and music are the culture, but they are not. They are a reflection of it.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

Except that sometimes a culture can be a race, as in the JEWISH culture/race.

REALLY? Please explain that for me!

See ya,
Milt

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Have you ever considered that most white people are just not that interested in you?

What I mean is everyone, regardless of their skin color, is very very busy. We have our jobs, our families, our chores, our social activities etc. When you get done taking care of all those obligations there just isn't a lot of time left over.

I don't have the time to bother with hating any specific group.

With that said, I also don't have the time to invest in making friends in different cultures. Most of the people that I work with or hang out with have the same skin color that I do.

So, I'm just leading my life. I have traveled to different countries and different parts of our country. I enjoy different cultures but my vacation time ends and it's back to my life.

I think that you're just looking for hatred. I think that what you are really experiencing is a lack of interest from other people outside of your circle of friends and family.

Have a great life and try to look for the positives, not react to the negatives.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Pft... "Black Culture", are you joking me? Seriously?

You really think this "Rap Music Thug Mentality" is a Freaking CULTURE?

Are you absolutly BLIND?

"The Secret Meeting that Changed Hip-hop and Destroyed a Generation"

I hate to break this to you, buddy... but your entire "Culture" is social programming and indoctrination that has been shoved down your peoples THROATS to turn them into a WEAPON against the one thing that makes the New World Order AFRAID.

A Nation that allows Freedom of Speech, and Expression.

A Nation with a strong Economy.

A Nation of Intellectuals and Entrepreneurs.

A Nation of Free Men.

This "Black Culture" that you speak of, isn't a Culture, it is a Memetic Weapon directed AT America, by the New World Order....

Shielded by the fear of the word "Racism"

Think about it, for god sakes.... Your People have been subconsciously TRAINED by the mass media to serve as a WEAPON to undermine the only legitimate threat left to the NWO.

The Only BLACK CULTURE that Exists in AMERICA, is what the NWO has *FED* you.

......... Call Me Racist.

Just Do IT.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Auricom

It's best to use the word bigot. It covers all cases of hatred based on color, culture or any other criteria. Playing semantics games does not change the fact it exists among all peoples equally. For every KKK there exists a New Black Panthers and ...............................

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
yeay yeah yeah, white people sucks, got it.

here read this...
www.medicalnewstoday.com...

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by DZAG Wright
It hit me like a bullet...even the white people we believe are racist may not be.

Hey hey hey. I'm not nor have I ever been racist. I'm intolerant - there's a difference...

They hate different CULTURES...not necessarily the people. I don't know if it's exclusive to them, but they seem to be the most efficient at this.

Nope. It's the people. People make up culture and culture is a reflection of a social group as a whole.

See where this leads....ANYONE who subscribes to their Matrix...their culture, which for 400 years has been the ONE dominant and only accepted American culture.

No - this is YOUR small, narrow view of racism based on your American view of America. Try travelling outside of your country and have a look at the world. There's all sorts of racism - your idealised "black vs white" racism is.. tiresome, to be honest.

Black Americans began with their slang and music. Black music has basically become a strong contender to the top music in the WORLD! In particular rap music! Rap music receives major play in Europe, Asia, Australia, the Middle East....basically everywhere. The youth in those places are copying rappers from America. You can go to Japan and you will find people there who don't speak English but know the words to songs by Snoop Dogg or Wu Tang.

You've obviously never lived in Japan. I have. It's my favourite place on Earth, but one of the most openly racist countries that exist. Just because they repeat rap music lyrics doesn't mean the walls of race are crashing down. They also copy Korean music too - but they aren't fans of Koreans.

Here in America, the hip hop culture has bled over into suburbia. There is scarcely a white person who can claim they never (at the least) went through their "black music" phase. Sure many later turn their back on the music, but it frightens mothers and fathers to see their kids imitating rappers.

Interesting that much of your supporting evidence comes from music references. Well, I'll let you have it. But as a white British male, I'm looking forward to the Music Of White Origin awards. Now, having a race-centric form of music celebration isn't racist, is it?

edit on 1-5-2012 by noonebutme because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
So some people don't like other people because they look different? Wait till the mothership lands, that will totally feak them out!

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   

This "Black Culture" that you speak of, is a Loaded Gun pointed towards the head of the Majority Voters in America, who happen to be White.

And you know what the Trigger is, Don't you?

We *ALL* know what the trigger is, Don't We?

And what's the purpose of this Weapon, and Trigger?

Well, that's easy... to induce Widespread Race Riots, against White People....... Beatings, Murders, Tortures.....

Your "Rap Music" has trained your people quite well for the purpose, hasn't it?

Same old Story... Problem, Reaction, Solution.....

And what's the "Solution" to this induced dilemma? Well, of course... the white majority voters begging the government for Martial Law to protect them against the WEAPON that the NWO put there in the first place.....

This "Culture" of which you speak.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
And you will know a tree by it's fruit....

Sincerely,
The white devil

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join