It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HPV vaccination

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Hey,

After having a brief discussion here on ATS the other day regarding my own HPV Cervarix vaccination around 2 years ago, I decided to delve a little deeper and discover the ins and outs of what the government is in fact injecting me with.

**8 out of 10 people in the UK will contract HPV in their life time**

The human papilloma virus (HPV) vaccine prevents infection with certain species of human papillomavirus associated with the development of cervical cancer, genital warts, and some less common cancers. Two HPV vaccines are currently on the market: Gardasil and Cervarix.

Both vaccines protect against the two HPV types (HPV-16 and HPV-18) that cause 70% of cervical cancers, 80% of anal cancers, 60% of vaginal cancers, and 40% of vulvar cancers.[5] These HPV types also cause most HPV induced oral cancers, and some other rare genital cancers. Gardasil also protects against the two HPV types (HPV-6 and HPV-11) that cause 90% of genital warts.

The World Health Organization (WHO), as well as public health officials in Australia, Canada, Europe, and the United States recommend vaccination of young women against HPV to prevent cervical cancer, and to reduce the number of treatments for cervical cancer precursors.

So far so good! This vaccine is availiable (at least in the UK) to any female from 12-24. I say "This vaccine" because here in the UK instead of giving us the Gardisil vaccine that protects from HPV 6, 11, 16 and 18, they gave us the Cervarix vaccine which ONLY protects against 16 and 18.

After further study, this was due to "cost saving" even though, after further research it was found that Gardasil would cost the NHS £80 per shot and Cervarix would cost £88 per shot. Seems like the Health budget officials made a blunder there! Not to mention its Gardasil that protects men and women from Genital warts, that cost the NHS millions per year to treat.

So I'm pretty pissed that we didn't have access to the most efficient vaccine.

Another reason to be pretty pissed is how these vaccines aren't recommended for boys or men on the NHS.

NHS Choices has carried out an assessment of press reports that “experts are calling for boys to be vaccinated against the human papilloma virus (HPV) after a study found that 50% of men are infected with the virus.”

Previous research has looked at the possibility of an HPV vaccination programme for boys in this country and found that it would not be cost-effective. It concludes that the data are useful and informative, but it is an oversimplification to claim that boys should be vaccinated on the basis of these findings. It stressed that most cancers caused by HPV occur in females, who therefore stand to benefit more from vaccination on an individual level.

www.nelm.nhs.uk... -Area/News/2011---March/04/NHS-Choices-assessment-Call-for-boys-to-have-HPV-vaccine/

Male vaccination is possible in the UK although it is done privately and, at the time of writing, outside the terms of the vaccine's licence

Are all males likely to be vaccinated in the future?

Probably not. There is a debate about whether it might be worth the NHS routinely vaccinating boys but while this might help to protect girls, it’s probably not going to be cost-effective for men since penile and anal cancers are very rare and genital warts while unpleasant are not fatal. Individual men will make their own choice.

Sorry guys!! Im also sorry for any women who may contract HPV off you, as you are not important enough to be vaccinated

That said, are there any health risks??

The safety of HPV vaccines was studied in clinical trials worldwide before licensure. For Gardasil® , over 29,000 males and females participated in these trials. For Cervarix®, over 30,000 females participated in several clinical trials.

Following the Cervrix vaccination 98% of complaints were non-serious.
Following the Gardisil vaccination 92% of complaints were non-serious.

www.cdc.gov...

Deaths realting to Gardisil:

As of September 15, 2011, there have been a total 71 VAERS reports of death among those who have received Gardasil®. There were 57 reports among females, 3 were among males, and 11 were reports of unknown gender. Thirty four of the total death reports have been confirmed and 37 remain unconfirmed

A little further insight of experiences from people who have had these vaccines can be found here:

www.nhs.uk...
Many people have complained about the side effects, the most common being CFS (Chronic Fatigue Syndrome) and also a few tales of people who have had the Cervarix jabs who have gone on to contract other (6,11) strands od HPV.

Just though I'd raise a little awareness here, use the info how you will

ETA: There are rumours that after Sept 2012 Cervarix will be replaced with Gardasil.

edit on 1-5-2012 by Sinny because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Okay..? So you've pretty much presented one side of the argument.. the side of those who are profiting from it.

As far as it not being recommended for men, I'm actually glad. It would seem to me that they should probably work on coming up with an FDA-approved TEST for men before they start trying to vaccinate us against something we can't even know if we have or not..

Try to get your hands on the film "The Greater Good". Not saying I know enough to be adamant about either side of the discussion, but that documentary presents a whole slew of credible concerns
edit on 1-5-2012 by bacci0909 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Also.. if anybody has any specific questions or concerns about Gardisil in particular, let me know. A-guy-I-play-in-a-band-with's wife worked on the development of it. I told him I had my concerns about it, as well as other vaccines, and he said to feel free to ask any questions and he'll pass them on to his wife. I haven't taken him up on it, but if anybody wants to know anything specific maybe I can get an answer from her via him

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by bacci0909

I didn't realise there were to sides to the discussion? Whats the other side?

Also, has this thread appeared on new topics? Mine have not refreshed for a good hour or so

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Good luck, I hope you're ok. I'd strongly recommend anyone considering receiving this vaccine to avoid it at all costs. The easiest way to lower the population in any country is to reduce the fertility rates of the females.

49 Sudden Deaths, 213 Permanent Disabilities - And the Silent Plan to Poison Your Child
articles.mercola.com...

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinny
reply to post by bacci0909

I didn't realise there were to sides to the discussion? Whats the other side?

Also, has this thread appeared on new topics? Mine have not refreshed for a good hour or so

bacci is saying that you're discussing "The Official Story", which a lot of people believe is just for Marketing

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I understand that there are alot of genuine conspiracies in the maedical market....but how to we distinguish these from actual medical break throughs?

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinny
I understand that there are alot of genuine conspiracies in the maedical market....but how to we distinguish these from actual medical break throughs?

As a general rule if it's coming from Big Pharma it won't have your best interests at heart; they profit when you're sick.

The real cures come from nature. Most such information is currently available online, but if Big Pharma get their way, those websites will be closed down

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
"THIS VACCINE" is Deadly and UNNECESSARY.

" After all, as Dr. Harper explained, 70% of HPV infections resolve themselves without treatment in one year. After two years, this rate climbs to 90%. Of the remaining 10% of HPV infections, only half coincide with the development of cervical cancer.

Dr. Harper further undercut the case for mass vaccination campaigns in the U.S. when she pointed out that “4 out of 5 women with cervical cancer are in developing countries.” (Harper serves as a consultant to the World Health Organization (WHO) for HPV vaccination in the developing world.) Indeed, she surprised her audience by stating that the incidence of cervical cancer in the U.S. is so low that “if we get the vaccine and continue PAP screening, we will not lower the rate of cervical cancer in the US."

(emphasis mine)

www.pop.org...

What do you think about THAT OP???

top topics

join