It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Five Arrested For Allegedly Trying to Blow Up Ohio Bridge

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Five arrested for allegedly trying to blow up Ohio Bridge

URGENT: Five people described as anarchists were arrested Monday in a Cleveland-area park for trying to blow up a bridge, sources tell Fox News.

The public was never in danger from the explosive devices, which were inoperable and controlled by an undercover FBI employee, according to sources close to the investigation.

Charges were filed against the defendants Tuesday morning in Cleveland. Court documents say three of the suspects are self-proclaimed anarchists who formed a small group and considered a series of plots over several months.

Anarchists? OWS crowd - who were supposed to have events today?
Terrorists on UBLs death anniversary?

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   
I bet it was just like this.

www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   
One line ... but ...
FBI News Conference is scheduled for 10:00 AM EST today.
That's just 5 minutes from now.
I'd post a live stream feed for this thread ... but I don't know how.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   
More scumbag idiots,who care about nothing.
Let them rot in Supermax.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

I was thinking just more hapless idiots prodded and encouraged into another dumb scheme by the FBI in order to justify absurd anti-terror laws etc...

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

I thought of that also,but what ever happened to "Deny Ignorance" ?

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Putting ANYONES life in danger,is a crime. Ignorance of draconian laws,shouldn't be an excuse. There are other ways to get your message across.

Peace

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

the explosive devices, which were inoperable and controlled by an undercover FBI employee

This could have been a legit undercover sting operation, however, two terms quickly came to mind:

• Entrapment: when a person is induced or persuaded by law enforcement officers or their agents to commit a crime that he had no previous intent to commit.

• False-Flag: covert operations designed to deceive in such a way that the operations appear as though they are being carried out by other entities.

- Motive/Agenda for entrapment or a false-flag?
To pass more totalitarian laws. To further restrict freedom and privacy. To discredit popular movements and protests.

edit on 5/1/12 by Sahabi because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   
The TV News is saying that ... according to the FBI .. the public was never in danger and all the explosives that the 'bad guys' were using were under the control of an undercover agent. From what the TV is saying, it sounds like the explosives wouldn't have ever exploded. Fakes?

Of course .. the FBI might just be saying that to make the public feel better.

You never know with these things ....

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Undercover agents befriend people that they think they can persuade into becoming a domestic terrorist.

"Hey Jimmy... you hate the U.S. government, right? Don't you think it's time to rise up and fight? If you want to help take down the corrupt government, I can get you some weapons."

* Agents supply real or fake weapons to the person they persuaded and influenced *

"Hey U.S. public!!! We caught us some domestic terrorists!"

It's all crap! Look at how many times rebels, popular movements, warlords, oppositional groups, terrorists, assassins, and drug cartels have been influenced and then armed. Sickening.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Interesting, here we go again. So this is like the third time in the past couple of months that the FBI performed one of these stings.First we had the Florida manFLORIDAThen we had DCDCNow we have OhioOHIONow, at first site it would seem as if this agency was just being vigilant. After Fast and Furious, the CIA destroying evidence of torture, and numerous other bits of dirt, I just can't trust it. So entrapment is legal now? Isn't that just rich. I would like clarification on the legal basis in which they can perform these types of operations, and I'm sure I'm not the only one.This is how it starts. It's a good way to get their foot in the door to conduct operations on U.S. soil against the so called sovereign extremists. It's a fine line they're treading here.
edit on 1-5-2012 by GD21D because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sahabi

It's all crap! Look at how many times rebels, popular movements, warlords, oppositional groups, terrorists, assassins, and drug cartels have been influenced and then armed. Sickening.

Well,if you can IMAGINE that its a Conspiracy,ENTRAPMENT,you can also IMAGINE if it really was the truth. That these men were ready and willing to blow up a bridge. While your at it,IMAGINE your family on this bridge,while it being detonated. Puts things into perspective,really quick.

Not EVERYTHING is a Conspiracy.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

If these "potential terrorists" were serious, they would have armed themselves instead of getting weapons from the government.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by GD21D
Now, at first site it would seem as if this agency was just being vigilant. After Fast and Furious, the CIA destroying evidence of torture, and numerous other bits of dirt, I just can't trust it. So entrapment is legal now? Isn't that just rich. I would like clarification on the legal basis in which they can perform these types of operations, and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Your not the only one. I don't trust in it either. I don't trust this administration.Didn't trust the last one.
I just cant side with the idiots,all the way around. Those that can BE entrapped,and those doing the entrapping. Trust issue is out the window.

Star for you....

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack
reply to post by sonnny1

I was thinking just more hapless idiots prodded and encouraged into another dumb scheme by the FBI in order to justify absurd anti-terror laws etc...

A lot of this going around lately.
www.foxnews.com...
www.foxnews.com...

Many more there those came from too. I wonder if any of these numbnuts could have actually hurt someone on their own. The guy in my first link was in the country illegally. They could have just deported him and that would have been the end of it; but no, they had to lead him by the hand to commit "terrorism" so they could lock him up and say, "Hey. We're purtectin' ya! See?" Now our tax dollars will be used to support him for the rest of his life.

link   

The five were "controlled by an undercover FBI employee," and agents had them under extensive surveillance for a long period of time. The explosives they allegedly purchased were inoperable.
MSNBC

Another manufactured terrorist incident, and right on time.

link   

reply to post by sonnny1

If these "potential terrorists" were serious, they would have armed themselves instead of getting weapons from the government.

Really?

BTW,the key word is Bridge. What weapons,can they buy for blowing up bridges? Snub nose 32?

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

These guys originally wanted to knock down some business signs. The FBI gets involved, supplies a fake bomb, and all of a sudden knocking downs signs turns into blowing up a bridge?

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

Well,if you can IMAGINE that its a Conspiracy,ENTRAPMENT,you can also IMAGINE if it really was the truth. That these men were ready and willing to blow up a bridge. While your at it,IMAGINE your family on this bridge,while it being detonated. Puts things into perspective,really quick.

Not EVERYTHING is a Conspiracy.
I get what you're saying. Not everything is a conspiracy. What I just can't grasp is that this bum fuddling agency is all of a sudden in the right place at the right time every time. Second, if me and four other buddies were going to do something like this I definitely would ensure that no outside entities knew about it. Maybe it's just me, but that's how I'd operate. I think that's just common sense. As far as assistance with materials and know how, It's not that difficult to do. Look at Iraq and Afghanistan, so easy a caveman could do it. Not everything is a conspiracy, but not everything is a coincidence either. It just doesn't pass the smell test for me.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

Thats the problem,OldCorp. we both know there are real terrorists out there. Some that are real,Some manufactured,and some that work for the Government. I am just sick of the idiots that really want to pull off things like this. Innocent lives are being killed by this Administration,IE; Fast and Furious. I cant trust ANYTHING,it seems.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join