ATS Wallpaper Competition

page: 3
0
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

log in

join

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by SMR
Not sure yet hwhat I may do.
But thanks for the comment



No problem.


For the general theme, you could do something associated with auroras or chemtrails. I think that, because those things have gases in them like space, which did a great job on.

Good luck on your project. By the way May the force be with you.




posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Before I submit to Kano, I need to know whether the images used in it would be considered 'copyrighted'. I wouldn't think so, since they seem to be passed around pretty freely.

P.S. Any critiquing would also be nice


[edit on 9-29-2004 by Esoterica]



posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 10:56 PM
link   
[Edited on 30-9-2004 by kinglizard]



posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 11:12 PM
link   
I have one in the works as of now.


SMR

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 11:12 PM
link   
surfup
Thanks for the idea.Im not real informative on the chemtrail deal and when I do designs,I like to do something I am into.I may do it though just to see what I can come up with.The auroras idea is good though!I may have a stab at that.

Esoterica
If I remember correctly,I have seen those as both BRUSHES and SHAPES for Photoshop.That being said,they are 'usually' royalty free and may be used in any way without restrictions.
Where did you get them?That may help also.Unless someone just ripped them and hosted them so nobody would even know if they were copyrighted or not.

kinglizard
Like the theme

It says to me KEEP OUT! as in Area 51 with the barb-wire
Good job.



posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by SMR
Esoterica
If I remember correctly,I have seen those as both BRUSHES and SHAPES for Photoshop.That being said,they are 'usually' royalty free and may be used in any way without restrictions.
Where did you get them?That may help also.Unless someone just ripped them and hosted them so nobody would even know if they were copyrighted or not.


Actually, they're just two modified images. There's the grey alien 'photo' we all know and love, and photo of the Voyager gold discs. Both were aquired through google. I'm pretty sure that the Voyager image is public domain, but since I do not know the history of the grey alien, I don't know if it's some SFX guy's personal work or not.



posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 11:28 PM
link   
[Edited on 30-9-2004 by kinglizard]


SMR

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 11:37 PM
link   
I personally wouldnt worry about it.
The 'alien' image has been through so much on the net,I wouldnt expect it to be copyrighted by anyone at this point anymore.
The other ones I dont know.Thats up to the judges.


SMR

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 11:39 PM
link   
WOW! 700k hmmmm
72dpi to?



posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by SMR
I personally wouldnt worry about it.
The 'alien' image has been through so much on the net,I wouldnt expect it to be copyrighted by anyone at this point anymore.
The other ones I dont know.Thats up to the judges.


What 'other ones' are you talking about? I didn't modify the two photos beyond color and other such attributes. I didn't 'add in' anything,


SMR

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 11:47 PM
link   
'Other' meaning the Voyager image.
Even if it is left alone in the state you found it in,if used in any way and it is copyrighted by anyone/group,it's a no-no.
I would email KANO on this.Let him know what URL you got it from and whatnot and maybe he can determine.



posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by SMR
WOW! 700k hmmmm
72dpi to?


Yes, 72dpi. I don't see how I can reduce the size without losing the quality. Did you look at the size of your space theme entry? It's 2.84mb. I think we are both disqualified if the size restriction isn't lifted. I love your image btw.



posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard
Yes, 72dpi. I don't see how I can reduce the size without losing the quality. Did you look at the size of your space theme entry? It's 2.84mb. I think we are both disqualified if the size restriction isn't lifted. I love your image btw.


We want to keep it under 400, so that it will be easy to upload, eventually we are going to put yours somewhere on ATS, so we don't want those hugh ones to slow other parts down.



posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Esoterica
Before I submit to Kano, I need to know whether the images used in it would be considered 'copyrighted'. I wouldn't think so, since they seem to be passed around pretty freely.

P.S. Any critiquing would also be nice


[edit on 9-29-2004 by Esoterica]


Sorry but we accept only original works. I mean if you create your own one, that is cool, but using someother pic is no good.


SMR

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Mine is only 407.25 KB
Thats under 1mb



posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 11:59 PM
link   
[Edited on 30-9-2004 by kinglizard]



posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by SMR
Mine is only 407.25 KB
Thats under 1mb


I don't know? I downloaded your image to my desktop at is shows 2.84mb?????


SMR

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 12:05 AM
link   
To tell you the truth,I cant see any difference

I think the resize did a very minimal change if any at all.
Good job btw,,,like the alien in the eye


SMR

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard

Originally posted by SMR
Mine is only 407.25 KB
Thats under 1mb


I don't know? I downloaded your image to my desktop at is shows 2.84mb?????

Thats very strange

Wonder how that happened?
I just saved it to my DT and it's 407.25 KB Wonder what you did.Never seen that before.



posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Thanks SMR. You know when you save a file in Photoshop you can choose the quality, well I had the slider on the maximum of 12 so I slid it down to 11 and it came out to exactly 400k.



new topics
top topics
 
0
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

log in

join