It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dark Night of the soul

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Disclaimer: To those who do not or have not followed the spiritual path. This may or may not appeal to you. However, if you do not understand any of this. It simply means you are not ready for this information therefor it will not hit home. So please hold your criticism and negative comments. it mostly discourages those who try and seek the path. To some, I may appear to be the devil, to others I will be a godsend.

To those whom this hits home to. Kudos on your path. I still need to go through this process myself. I am just waiting till God deems me ready.

That said. Now to the Topic.

It seems like this is the final process during enlightenment, and one of the most difficult. It is where you will experience your worse fears, and heart ache. It is the place where you submit to your own fear, and face your shadow. It is also the place where you will find God and your true self.

Through darkness you will find God

During ancient Egypt, there was a process people went through that involved the pyramids. Below the pyramids was a dark chamber. people who were ready were called upon to start this initiation. The first step here however WAS the dark night of the soul. Then they would move the person up the pyramid, and finally achieve acension. Normally it would take years for people to do this. Countless hours of meditation, and mental preparation. This is one thing people cannot cheat on because the experiences one gathered were unique. Experiences can vary depending on how the person has lived their life.

To put it plainly, it is where you face your karma and ascend beyond it. Pic below shows where the chamber was underground.

It is believed by some that the pyramid may have also served as an “Ascension” machine – where priest initiates would lie on their back in the chamber and enter into a sort of trance where they faced the dark night of the soul. Having moved through the shadow self successfully they would emerge a fully Ascended Being possessing powers on par with that of Jesus the Christ.

Source
www.maketheconsciousconnection.com...

I have been following this topic awhile now as I myself am in the process to try and ascend. But as alot of people have, ive hit road blocks over and over. Emotional ones that would distract the mind. But it is nothing but further tests from the Divine to see if you have learned your lesson, and are ready. One key factor is letting go, but instead of fighting your shadow, one must embrace it. Because it did have a divine purpose.

I will not embed this video, due to the language it has. However, listen to this guys words. He pretty much hit the nail on the coffin. The reason he spoke the way he did was to grab attention. But he made alot of sense and spoke the truth about the process. And he has helped me alot to which I hope it helps others who are open minded and searching for answers.

www.youtube.com...

Now, this isn't exactly new, there are clues around about this very subject. Including in movies and books. One particular movie/book was Dune. The process he goes through is the same.

while the book/movie was made through fiction, the author did have some knowledge on how the acension process works. And most of the books, are mostly philosophical in nature. He explains through his fiction how he views the direction humanity would head, or was heading. He saw the corruption of man and what religion and power struggle did to the world.

Here is some more information on the dark night of the soul.

This song from Florence also captures the essence of the dark night of the soul.

What keeps people from achieving victory on that night? Fear, doubt and no faith and ego. Ego does not want to die and will do whatever it takes to not let the observer (us) to become enlightened. Including getting mad at those who try and point you the way.

I remember when I initiated in a fraternity, several years ago. The frat had a similar process, where they would blindfold you to the point where it was pitch black. I was naked, scared and I had no idea where I was. The process lasted hours to what seemed like an eternity of constant hazings. I could hear one of the other candidates crying. The night just did not want to end. Then after hours, they would sing "happy birthday" while they surrounded you and the other candidates, while dripping hot candle wax unto your body. Then theyd take the blindfolds off and welcome you into the frat.

I now know where they got the idea from, however the dark night of the soul is basically the battle of observer backed up by self vs ego. (The illussive persona)

Hope this helps, and hope those who have been through this experience, or preparing for it, shares some insights. To those who are running away from their dark cloud.

You can run run and run, but no matter how much you run, you can never escape your dark cloud. The only way is to stop, look back and go right through the cloud. But always remember, there is always light at the end of a dark tunnel.

Edit: Something else I will add. And this is a spoiler. It seems the process what it does, is unite both the tree of knowledge and the tree of life into one being. When man merges with his true self, he creates trinity.
edit on 30-4-2012 by RisenAngel77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   
This is the reason why we come, aside from karmic issues, or to help out, hold light and love frequency, help family members. But we come, as if in practicum form without memory, to see our weaknesses, and start to turn them around.

The idea of taking a soul journey, to face this, right of passage almost, is not as important as daily, in meditaiton/prayer, seeking, talking to your own Soul, to Source, to one of the Great Teachers, Christ or Buddha, is to in the most gentle, loving and kind way, see these faults, recognize the gift in having what blocks you revealed, healed and lifted.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Thanks for the thread. It's a subject I've been interested in for quite some times.

I've heard Mother Theresa was in her dark night until just before she passed away. For some it's a lengthy unending process where God is absent, for others it's quick and intense. "It's always 3 am" in the dark night.

'The darker the night, the brighter the stars, The deeper the grief, the closer is God!'
Dostoevsky

edit on 30-4-2012 by samsamm9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by RisenAngel77

Thats an interesting take on awakening.

I enjoyed the read, and the links. Thanks.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Here is the problem, you can't think your way out of it. You have to feel your way out. yes, those things you mentioned are important. But, you need to detox, and remove the things that holds you back emotionally. karma does this. Something that you did to someone, say an example. You hurt a loved one, you must face the side that hurt that person and why it happened. Ask yourself why were you feeling that way. Find the purpose and the answer. As you move from memory to memory,( forgiving and releasing and accepting as you go). If you feel anger, let it come out expressively. It is also part of yourself.

Now before you say, anger is not good. There is Unconscious anger and then there is conscious anger. The unconscious anger is what you need to release or else too much of this anger being suppressed will eventually blow up. Conscious anger is something similar to what Jesus did when he got mad at the church for what they did and he went ballistic.

Concious anger is part of the 3rd chakra. If you do not express that anger, the chakra is then blocked, and it becomes unconcious anger. Not only will you disrupt the flow of chakra, but you will also become unstable until it pops. You need to face everything that is surpressed within you, and cleanse/heal. Which makes the dark night of the soul a must. That unconscious anger, is also part of the shadow you must face.

On this note: I just had a thought on the 7 chakras. And wondered if this was renamed to (7 signs being released) during revelation chapter of the bible. Dont get me wrong I dont trust the bible nor am I religious. But thats mostly because the book is misleading. But I cant help but wonder if the 7 signs are related to the 7 chakras.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   

The dark night of the soul is a christian concept if I'm not mistaken?
Any references about its origins available?

The 7 chakras being related to the christian idea of 7 signs, or maybe 7 seals is an interesting idea.

Opening the 7 seals is what would release satan onto the world, is it not? That would relate to releasing the Kundalini after opening the 7 chakras.

Both satan and kundalini are represented by serpents - interesting idea!

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by fedeykin

Christianity did not have this knowledge first. This is not a "christian" thing. The knowledge is also seen through buddism and even as far as Japan's zen masters. Famous figures are Krishna and budda, followed by Jesus christ. But they are all but one in the same. Jesus was not the first to ascend, nor will he be the last. (just wanted to clear that up
:up

Edit: point I wanted to make with mentioning the bible, is that they used "7 signs" to mislead people. The bible itself is misleading and it was done on purpose to keep humanity shackled.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Something Spirit gave me when I was feeling angry, was to write down a question. Why are you angry, list reasons that go beyond the current situation that contribute to your feeling or reaction?

Its a useful tool for many things actually.

But when you ask to be unblocked, even when you ask for this in the most gentle, positive and loving way, repeats occur, something that has a pattern, and they never occur when a person can deal with them, can give them the time, but at the most inconvenient moments.

Asking what something is showing us, is a valuable tool, and to dig deep.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by RisenAngel77
reply to post by fedeykin

Christianity did not have this knowledge first. This is not a "christian" thing. The knowledge is also seen through buddism and even as far as Japan's zen masters. Famous figures are Krishna and budda, followed by Jesus christ. But they are all but one in the same. Jesus was not the first to ascend, nor will he be the last. (just wanted to clear that up
:up

Edit: point I wanted to make with mentioning the bible, is that they used "7 signs" to mislead people. The bible itself is misleading and it was done on purpose to keep humanity shackled.

I wasn't implying that they had it first. I was asking if it was a christian term, or idea.

Buddhism has similar concepts, but it is not refered to as the dark night of the soul.

I also believe that IF Jesus existed he was a Boddhisatva, and that the Catholic church corrupted his teachings.
The similarities between the story of Jesus and other religions (Horus, Krishna) however makes it hard to believe that Jesus was a real historical person.
edit on 30-4-2012 by fedeykin because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99

Something Spirit gave me when I was feeling angry, was to write down a question. Why are you angry, list reasons that go beyond the current situation that contribute to your feeling or reaction?

Its a useful tool for many things actually.

But when you ask to be unblocked, even when you ask for this in the most gentle, positive and loving way, repeats occur, something that has a pattern, and they never occur when a person can deal with them, can give them the time, but at the most inconvenient moments.

Asking what something is showing us, is a valuable tool, and to dig deep.

It is a valueble tool, there are many different ways, however, one still must deal with the past and heal it. They are fragments of yourself you do not want to leave behind. By facing those events one more time, you will also find a deeper meaning and also the reasons why they happened. It is all about the lessons. Earth is a school for learning.

Originally posted by fedeykin

I wasn't implying that they had it first. I was asking if it was a christian term, or idea.

Buddhism has similar concepts, but it is not refered to as the dark night of the soul.

I also believe that IF Jesus existed he was a Boddhisatva, and that the Catholic church corrupted his teachings.
The similarities between the story of Jesus and other religions (Horus, Krishna) however makes it hard to believe that Jesus was a real historical person.

The story on jesus is abstracted, but i believe he did exist or least a man with his descrption did. However you are right about them corrupting his teachings. There were scrolls found about a man who visted tibet.

# Ancient scrolls reveal that Jesus spent seventeen years in India and Tibet # From age thirteen to age twenty-nine, he was both a student and teacher of Buddhist and Hindu holy men

reluctant-messenger.com...

They dont mention this in the bible. What the writers did, was make a hero out of him on purpose despite the hate they had for him. And turned his name into a religion in order to control humanity. There is much more however, that would have me go off topic on my very own thread.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by RisenAngel77
Disclaimer: To those who do not or have not followed the spiritual path. This may or may not appeal to you. However, if you do not understand any of this. It simply means you are not ready for this information therefor it will not hit home. So please hold your criticism and negative comments. it mostly discourages those who try and seek the path. To some, I may appear to be the devil, to others I will be a godsend.

To those whom this hits home to. Kudos on your path. I still need to go through this process myself. I am just waiting till God deems me ready.

Hold your criticism and negative comments? Sorry sir, but every idea needs to be critically undermined. It help builds stronger foundations if the system doesn't first crumble.

You appear to me neither the devil, or a godsend, but just man with an affinity for youtube videos, but I will still approach with caution just in case.

I disagree first with ascension, or enlightenment and also the "dark night of the soul". I would like to know of 1 man who has achieved ascension or enlightenment—real men who weren't of myth and legend. Name me one or show me proof, and I may change my mind. Until then, your idea is just that, idea.

The dark night of the soul, or most commonly known as depression, occurs in many people. This is something known and accepted by the majority; why it needs another name, I do not understand.

Sorry sir, but positivity cannot exist without negativity.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by LesMisanthrope

I understand you want "proof", I can give you none but refferences. And thats my honest answer. The comment you gave me, is basicaly the same old, "prove that God exists, or prove he doesnt". I can do neither nor will I try to. For everyone is entitled to believe in whatever they want.

The information I brought, is mostly for those with eyes to see and ears to hear.

But it really doesnt matter, the message is clear no matter what you believe.

To move forward you must face your ***SNIP***. There is a reason why people are depressed sad, angry etc. No matter if you are on your spiritual path or simply want to be happy. You still have to deal with consequences of negative actions from the past, if you want peace at mind you need to learn the lesson. So that you dont repeat the same mistake over and over. People who learn their lessons, and learns to let go of the past and seeing the past as a positive purpose in life, instead of allowing it to become a monster. Those are the people who are the happiest.

You dont need to be on a spiritual path to know this. It is simple logic

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by LesMisanthrope

Someone who has reached enlightenment is by definition no longer with us, and can not be shown to you.

However, there are many people who have found their path and are on the way to enlightenment and have reached a higher level of conciousness. These people will usually not be famous spiritual teachers or priests. I have met some in my life and I am sure you have too.

If you need to find one as proof, go travel to buddhist temples all over Asia. A lot of the monks you will find there also sometimes travel around and you might be able to meet them closer to where you live.

I don't mean to imply that only Asians are on the path, but there is a certain environment that can help, and those environments are few in the western world.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 02:08 AM
link   
If Ascension is referred to the soul ascending out of the human reality, rather than a dimensional ascension, then it means that the soul would have to realize that it is really not its human personality or character, in order to truly ascend out of the human reality back to its soul level.

The 'dark night of the soul' could involve the soul's facing its greatest fear of realizing that it is not its human personality or character at all, but for all its human life it has been looking from the perspective of a human character in a created human environment, that it really did not have free will to affect anything.

The soul's human character is just a physical body reacting from its life circumstances. Because life is about learning from actions and reactions(cause and effect) that take place in the human reality, the soul really has no control over the human reality but simply observe it, it also does not need to control it to alter the lesson plan anyway.

The dark night of the soul would therefore involve the 'ego death' of the human ego or personality as the soul experiences cold turkey withdrawal symptoms from its human character and reality. The human body and mind will experience the same things as the soul not because the soul can influence the human mind to feel that way, but because the human mind has already fulfilled various human curiosities and accumulated the necessary experiences for itself to get tired of the human reality. So there is a synchronicity of the human mind and the soul mind. The soul can only be ready to ascend when its human character has fulfilled its various human curiosities.

As the human mind fulfills it various curiosities it sought in the human reality, it would get tired and lose interest in the human reality, the soul also perceives such feelings and desires to ascend from the human reality by stopping to perceive from it any longer.

The 'dark night of the soul' would therefore be very uneasy as the human character prepares to 'erase' its reactions within the human reality. Its human body would also have to be prepared to 'die' or disappear from the human reality and stop from exercising any of its perceived 'important/influential' behavior. Only those ready to stop participating in the human reality are ready to ascend out of it. However, such a death of participation brings lots of fear or nonacceptance because many people are too used to feeling too important or influential to totally stop participating in the human reality. A good example is to unplug oneself from the internet and stop participating in forums.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 04:55 AM
link   

edit on 1-5-2012 by jewells because: (no reason given)

top topics

join