It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So, I Built a Website...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Amaeus

Beautiful!

I love the gothic side, the text font, and i do not think it messy.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 05:19 AM
link   
It looks okay, you need some drop shadows. I agree, start learning html5, the new tags are amazing.

Flash is blehh. Html5 is going to make flash irrelevant, but not for like a decade. Flash is still around 4 years ahead of html5 in terms of capability, but html5 is the way of the future. Your clients are going to want websites made in html5 because flash can have issues on tablets and phones, and the way that the web design field is going, tablets and phones are going to be essential for every client.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Ok...heres an idea. Create your pages in soemthing soemwhat primitive (to make a point)...say MS WORD, cut and paste them into something like Komposer....hit "HTML" and PUBLISH...Done.

The days of learning HTML code have gone ( I did, but dont need to anymore). Sites do it automatically in secs for you. Ive just completed a18 page site with graphics, text, colors, photos and links. It did the HTML for me in SECONDS.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I know the above poster has given you some good advice (I think I'll even try i out myself) but if you are still interested in learning html/css/java and the like I found an awesome website! here it is...

www.w3schools.com...

Also I see you have revamped the site and it looks much much better now! Well done.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Flash is not good because Google and other search engines wont be able to index your pages, so you wont show up when people search. you can easily achieve the same overall site with wordpress. I disagree with people that toss out "flash is bleee" kind of blanket statements. Show me a complex item customization form built in html5, yea didnt think so. Also html5 is only available in like 60 % of the browsers. Just embed the video as a link from vimeo, let them handle the conversion for various browsers.

Go with WP, easy to customize.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join