It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

elite of the elite

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 12:03 PM
link   
simple enough, i've seen discussions about the elite of different branches of the military, but at most, between two and only two. so i'm curious, what are the elite of all branches of the military, and what would be the ruler of all these elite corps? also, what are the elite of other foreign countries, and the elite of these elite. lastly, the purpose of this is to figure who is the elite of the entire world in military service when broken down to just one of these services?

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by cloud
simple enough, i've seen discussions about the elite of different branches of the military, but at most, between two and only two. so i'm curious, what are the elite of all branches of the military, and what would be the ruler of all these elite corps? also, what are the elite of other foreign countries, and the elite of these elite. lastly, the purpose of this is to figure who is the elite of the entire world in military service when broken down to just one of these services?

USAF is the most advanced i got to admit.russia is although poorly trained and not got alot of money do have gd tech and lots of gear. swiss AF has some nice tech.

The german army i'd have to say would be a good competitor for being best trained, they have a small well trained well equiped army. the swiss army are the elite in mountain exercises , no one can beat them at that.
australian army is quite freaky its like european/american/aussie made, its got gear from all over the globe and is pretty well trained.

The USMC is probably the best allround combat force avaliable but lacks in some fields. the RMC is the best trained and best paid !!! but thier weapons are kinda lets face it not the best. although they are reallly sneaky.

the navy well , US nayy is domnateing in every field but the RN are still the best sub hunters !!

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 01:49 PM
link   
It will all boil down to a SAS/SBS vs. SeAL in actuality they are about equal differences are really in equipment.

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Apollyon
It will all boil down to a SAS/SBS vs. SeAL in actuality they are about equal differences are really in equipment.

yeah ur right.

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Very few countries actually have what you would call "elite" units.

For example, Iraq's elite unit was the Republican Guard. Iran's elite unit is the Revolutionary Guard. Saudi Arabia's is the Royal Guard.

The U.S.S.R. nor Russia has elite units, unless you call Spetznaz elite. It is, but it is not a wide-use units, not like the Revolutionary Guard.

I call the U.S.M.C. America's elite unit, simply because of the high class they are associated with, plus they are America's 911 Force.

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 07:38 PM
link   
I think Alfa or Vityaz would disagree with you there.

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Apollyon

I disagree with this strongly. The SAS are a much better trained unit than the SEALs. I have never seen so much hype associated with a military unit as I have the SEALs. Don't get me wrong, SEALs are very well trained (especially for operations in or around water) but, except for DEVGRU (formerly SEAL Team Six) , they are not on the level of Delta or the SAS. I would have to say that 1st SFOD-D (Delta Force) is America's best combat unit. Delta is modeled off of the Britich SAS in a lot of ways and I think it's safe to put them in the same league. I think the similarites, as far as combat skills, between SEALs and U.S. Army Special Forces (Green Berets) are much closer than the similarities between SEALs and Delta or the SAS.

top topics

join