It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Resisting Arrest

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Sometimes you get that cop that is having a bad day, is psycho, or whatever. Most of the time it's cool, but sometimes you get one of those cops.

Well, my idea is that if they start yelling at you about "resisting arrest" and trying to trump up a charge on you, then actually deserve the charge. The second you hear "stop resisting" or something similar, immediately go completely limp. Remember: if the cop says that you were resisting, then you were resisting, so you might as well have some fun along the way.

If they start tazering you, you're gonna scream, no doubt about it. But you won't be able to move, so they've just wasted their time. You'll hurt like all get out, but you can laugh at their stupidity. If they start beating you, I would recommend immediately laughing and screaming about not being able to walk well when you're beaten black and blue.

I suppose what I'm saying is that if you get unfortunate enough to run into a cop that's a total psycho, then return fire by acting like a psycho. At the very least, sing at the top of your lungs in the back of the squad car.

That's my idea of how to deal with psycho cops that start shouting about "resisting arrest".

But, seriously, don't do this in a normal situation. Only start this garbage is you happen to run into a psycho cop.
edit on 29-4-2012 by AnIntellectualRedneck because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnIntellectualRedneck
Sometimes you get that cop that is having a bad day, is psycho, or whatever. Most of the time it's cool, but sometimes you get one of those cops.

Well, my idea is that if they start yelling at you about "resisting arrest" and trying to trump up a charge on you, then actually deserve the charge. The second you hear "stop resisting" or something similar, immediately go completely limp. Remember: if the cop says that you were resisting, then you were resisting, so you might as well have some fun along the way.

If they start tazering you, you're gonna scream, no doubt about it. But you won't be able to move, so they've just wasted their time. You'll hurt like all get out, but you can laugh at their stupidity. If they start beating you, I would recommend immediately laughing and screaming about not being able to walk well when you're beaten black and blue.

I suppose what I'm saying is that if you get unfortunate enough to run into a cop that's a total psycho, then return fire by acting like a psycho. At the very least, sing at the top of your lungs in the back of the squad car.

That's my idea of how to deal with psycho cops that start shouting about "resisting arrest".

But, seriously, don't do this in a normal situation. Only start this garbage is you happen to run into a psycho cop.

Thats not the best advice now really is it, lol.

You know how many other charges could follow if the officer is claiming your resisting arrest and you act a fool? Many charges my friend.

My advice is film everything or record it on your phone, then when you arrive at the station and want to argue the charges, you have more proof than the officer has.

resisting arrest is not good, fining a balance and common ground is the way forward. Acting an ass with an officer who has power to do what he wants to you is a stupid idea.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnIntellectualRedneck

Good advice there.Make it worse,give them a reason to do what you're suggesting

I ran into one these cops years ago.You know what I did?Followed everything he told me to do.You know what ticked him off even more? Yep- you guessed it.He got even more pissed because he had nothing on me no matter how hard he tried.And I wasn't ignorant to him at all.In fact his fellow officers apologized for how aggressive he was being.I guess my point is this....EVERYONE has a bad day including the police.They're human just like you and I.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 05:48 AM
link   
When they start yelling "stop resisting" start yelling "stop fondling my balls! It's highly stimulating and I might climax!" See how they like some of their own medicine.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 06:09 AM
link   
For laughs and the fact that their faces drop - pretend to have a fit and die in their arms
I'v done it a few times and the reaction is priceless - plus it kind of brakes the tension, really, give it a try lol

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by AnIntellectualRedneck

It's just my suggestion from growing up with a cop for a Father, but it might be a whole lot better to just be cooperative. If the cop is a problem, be MORE cooperative, not less so. The more easy and compliant you are, the less reason they have to remember every single detail of your arrest months later when it comes to court. When you fight it, it doesn't take but a couple technical errors to see something tossed.

If, however, someone has some fun with it, they not only get hurt in the process and possibly hurt badly....but the cop will remember and document every tiny detail to insure liability is covered. Any chance of beating whatever the issue was is gone on more than one level at once.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 06:45 AM
link   
reply to post by n00bUK

I heard in some states they are making it illegal to film police officers. There was a vid on youtube a few months ago about a woman who was on her own property filming the cops on the street beating up this guy. The cops told her to stop filming or she would be arrested but she didnt, sure enough they took her and arrested her. I will see if I can find the link again.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   
That's a common misunderstanding. There is no law that prevents anyone from filming cops. They might lie and say that there is and they might even arrest you. They are in the wrong thought and if they arrest you, you have a nice juicy lawsuit oppurtunity.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I have a better answer. DON'T TALK TO COPS! EVER!

I have avoided them for years. Don't speed, don't tailgate, stop at signs and signals. In my youth I fought well over 40 traffic tickets. I won almost all of them.

Simple rules.

1. Be forgettable.
2. Be polite.
3. And most importantly when they ask you the famous question "Do you know how fast you were going"? The answer should ALWAYS be a sad spoken, "Fast enough to get pulled over apparently"........ It neither admits guilt or requires lying to the cop. They hate people that lie and they nearly always ticket people that knew they were over the speed limit at all.

Oh and one more neat little trick. Memorize your drivers license and social security number. Never provide a license to a cop if at all avoidable. They need to write an average number of tickets to not look lazy to their bosses. Since him pulling you over is noted by dispatch, the officer may choose to just write a fix it ticket for no license in position and skip the much more expensive speeding ticket.

If he is a real ass, give him the license right away so you don't get two tickets.

Oh and you are up against a cop car and being accused of resisting arrest you likely deserve it......

new topics

top topics

join