It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iranian naval admiral: ‘If needed, we can move to within three miles of New York’

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Daedal

ignorant ape : to iranian naval admiral :

please ensure your vessel is in < 60m of water when you " position it " so that her wreck will be accessible to civilian sports divers once the USN deep sixes it

thanks

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
hypothetically speaking, if they detonated a nuke off the coast like that it would have serious implications.
just saying, of course it's nearly impossible in all ways...

the navy would intercept any enemy vessel so i'm assuming if they went ahead with an operation like that they would use an Iranian sleeper cell impersonating American ship/crew

i don't know, it's all implausible. they couldn't get within 500 miles of New York in a direct assault with their entire navy.

and like some other guy here said, every able American would be out there in Oil tankers and fishing boats with M134 Miniguns mounted on the deck and RPG's.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
persians haven't invented a damn thing. from chess to spy drones...they are bootleggers.

all games are thinking games.

they're specialty is the 2 against 1 sneak attack...it is their reason for existence.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
This is a telling story of the Persian way of life:

The story which the Greeks tell is that Cambyses had set a young dog to fight the cub of a lioness- his wife looking on at the time. Now the dog was getting the worse, when a pup of the same litter broke his chain, and came to his brother's aid- then the two dogs together fought the lion, and conquered him.

That's the story of their life. Lions just need to keep watch for when the second dog appears.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
The whole scenario is ridiculous.

Why would Iran even attempt to do something like that?

If they got anywhere near the US coast and had aggressive intentions not only would the vessel(s) be blown out of the water well before they could pose any realistic threat but the repercussions for the whole Iranian nation would be immense.

If the US paid little regard for civilian casualties and unleashed it's whole arsenal on Iran then they could blow the nation back to the stone age in no time, and that's discounting their nuclear capability.

Iran knows this and wouldn't do anything so stupid.

This is nothing more than the usual political posturing and empty rhetoric, probably for the home market back in Iran, and the usual sabre rattling we have come to expect from Iran.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by zooplancton
as a veteran of the US Navy (USS Jouett CG-29 - RIP), i can guarantee you that iran could not deploy war ships 3 miles off the coast of NY.

15 miles out is international waters, so any closer and they would be trespassing on our property so to speak.
our navy is THE most capable on the planet and there are battle groups everywhere connecting the dots to other battle groups.

there is no way iran could park their ships here unless they were invited. period.
edit on 4/28/2012 by zooplancton because: (no reason given)

But you are happy to send your navy into Iranian Territorial Waters?
The Straits of Hormuz are Iranian Territorial waters by the way.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

or it could be evidence that Iran is currently relying totally on covert operations in the war it started against the United States 11 years ago. and that their ships are people, not ships, and they are 3 miles, probably north, of their american target.

and when people like you read the newspaper you don't know what they are talking about.

or as you put it.

it makes no sense.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   

You guys seem really convinced ....

Have you consider the rumors that they have developed a form of antigravitics is not a hoax ?

If it was true they would have a fairly good chance of delivering anywhere on Earth .

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Sailor Sam

yeah...and Oman and Abu Dabi have no say in the matter concerning the hormuz.

doesn't matter anyway.

we win and everyone who has a problem with it will lose.

and if they get out of line...

you all know what happens.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
The Iranians, and just about anyone else, can get to about 3 miles offshore. With advanced sonar and satellites, our Coast Guard would probably know where they are, but, yes, they could get that close.

The Russians could have done it back when they were the USSR. It's not like something that was impossible or extraordinary.

But, unless they've got several hundred boats all along the Atlantic AND Pacific AND Gulf coasts, they cannot seriously injure the US. Yes, they could launch a missile - or two or three (there's a limit to how many missiles can fit on a boat) - at NYC and Chicago and Washington, DC. But even if all those missiles hit their marks, the US would still have plenty of muscle left to make their home country a smoking memory. And they know it.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
LMAO the_proffesional

They do invented chess...BUT, when was last time when an IRANIAN was world champion at chess?
Like...500 years away?

On topic :

I thought that the iranian leaders are only stupid...but it seems that they are also..how is that word...desilusional.

The closer is the war, the more crazy statements will come from Iran.

The one before war will be in the lines of : "Our mighty motherships on orbit above Earth will blow up the enemy into the smitherness".

And the last will be : "Our brave soldiers repelled the infidels ! " (while US tank will be in doen town Tehran lol)

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I'm really tired of reading what they can and cant do, basically they have done nothing except make empty threats.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
The Iranians have no desire to threaten the US.

Why would they?

Some of the posts on here reek of paranoia.

Iran has no secret super weapon and what Navy they do have couldn't even physically travel the distance from Iran to the east coast of North America bearing in mind that there is no chance whatsoever they could slip through the Suez Canal or the Straits Of Gibraltar undetected.

I stand by what I said; propoganda for the masses back home......and maybe an attempt to wind up the more impressionable Americans.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   

the Iranians are someones slaves.

threats against them are actually threats against what is standing behind them in the shadows.

don't break character.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Yeah so take that you big Americans, Iran can move to within three miles of New York....lol.

Not quite sure what they hope to achieve when they get there maybe give you the Bird or shout obscenities..

Obviously they can go anywhere in International waters if they choose, but to enter US territorial waters at this time would probably be un-healthy.

I'm not saying they can't get to within three miles...but definitely a one-way ticket if they tried to launch anything from it at the US.

The idea of Iran launching a covert assault on the US is laughable, i think the Admiral needs to concentrate on building strategies for the Gulf instead of fantasizing about striking the Great Satan.

Cosmic..

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by michaelbrux

Bandar Abbas to New York is approximately 7900 nautical miles going through the Suez Canal and The Straits Of Gibraltar.
Bandar Abbas to New York is approximately 11500 nautical miles going round The Cape Of Good Hope.
Bandar Abbas to New York is approximately 16500 nautical miles going round Cape Horn.

The longest range of any of Iran's current naval vessels is 7500 nautical miles.

It would require a sea going vessel of significantly higher technology and capability than Iran either currently has or has planned for this to be even considered as remotely feasible.
If they had this capability then I very much suspect that either the CIA, Mossad or MI6 etc would know about it.

This isn't going to happen anytime in the foreseeable future.

Is Iran being manipulated or controlled by forces that are pursuing their own agenda?
Possibly.
But that's a discussion for another thread, I think.

Could this be a precurssor to a false flag type operation?
Possibly.
But if a simpleton like me can work out how unlikely this scenario is then I'm sure that greater minds than mine will quite easily debunk any such operation.
edit on 28/4/12 by Freeborn because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Iranian intelligence, or some other ngo or nation allied with Iran, is operating out of locations in the United States and have been for decades.

they are not talking about ships...this idea being supported by your own research into their naval capabilities; their rowboats can't get this far.

while I know they won't be successful...they are an annoying nuisance of a state and the news outlets that keep promoting them are equally offensive.

so i like to come here and rant about them.

it would be nice for them to actually do something after all these years instead of listening to them cackling like a bunch of teenaged girls everyday.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by 23432

Can someone pls point out an occurence of Iran warring against a non muslim nation ?

Iran would not war against USA or Israel .

So you ignore the attack by Iran on the USS Samuel B. Roberts (FFG-58) in 1988....

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Daedal

The power of our naval forces is such that we have a presence in all the waters of the world and, if needed, we can move to within three miles of New York,” R

Yeah.....and then what? Woah, we're shaking in our boots over here in the U.S. I'll sleep with one eye open because I've been paralyzed with fear over the possibility that Iran is going to inch over here with their piss ant military and fire (***gulp****) a MISSILE....or worse yet.....the "imaginary' nuke our government keeps trying to imply they have.

As far as I'm concerned, Iran can bring their troops right up to my doorstep and I'll invite them in for dinner....because that's about how intimidated I feel here in the U.S. when I hear these ridiculous claims--half of which I'm sure our government is making up anyway.

When is this farce gonna play itself out......because this script is really getting old and boring.

And I wonder why there are people on ATS who feel they need to start a thread every time one of these alleged "threats" from Iran appears in the MSM? Is it really necessary to discuss it every time Iran says "BOO!?" I mean, seriously........

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by zooplancton
as a veteran of the US Navy (USS Jouett CG-29 - RIP), i can guarantee you that iran could not deploy war ships 3 miles off the coast of NY.

15 miles out is international waters, so any closer and they would be trespassing on our property so to speak.
our navy is THE most capable on the planet and there are battle groups everywhere connecting the dots to other battle groups.

there is no way iran could park their ships here unless they were invited. period.
edit on 4/28/2012 by zooplancton because: (no reason given)
As another navy veteran, I must say that you are short sighted. They don't need to use a naval vessel, or even a warship at all. Give me $2,000,000,000; 2-3 Liberian tramp freighters and 1 contact high up in either the North Korean, Chinese, or Russian governments and I could destroy the US pretty easily. If any of those nations really wanted to take us down, they could have done so long ago. That is how I know that the whole thing is like 1984(the book), where no one country actually wants to "win" they want eternal strife for their own ends.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join