It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

F22 Raptor forward deployed to UAE, interesting mix of hardware here now...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   
F22's at Iran's back door

Reports are the Air Forces top air superiority fighter has been forward deployed to the United Arab Emirates' Al Dafra Air Base. Air Force spokesperson Lt. Col. John Dorrian said that because of the F-22's next-generation capabilities, any number of planes deployed to the region is "significant."

Looking at a recent satellite image (24.248056,54.5475) of Al Dafra Air Base reveals some interesting hardware on the tarmac, including;

12 KC-10 Extenders
5 AWACS (one is airborne at time of snapshot)
U-2
Rivet Joint
What appears to be a lone F15E

Add to that the Raptors and a couple of carriers and it looks like the administration has the 'stick' part of 'carrot and stick' in place should Iran choose to be less than forthcoming in the scheduled May meetings with the global powers.

Would not want to be on the receiving end of all that hardware should it be used in anger.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Some kind of stand off over them islands in the straight of Hormuz I guess would be an excuse....all kinds of goodies being deployed every where eh...

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   
This is actually pretty serious, these F-22's are right on Iran's door step - literally. With the astonishing firepower currently in the Gulf from the aircraft carriers, these land based superiority fighters will pretty much make it very hard for Iran or any other military matching up against the U.S.

I wouldn't be surprised to hear some Iranian rhetoric soon about this.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Yeah!!!

Bout time to go get me some popcorn.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Is that F15E going to be the sacrificial lamb for the false flag attempt?

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by fourthmeal

False Flag or not. Action is needed to remove the Iranian Threat to Global Peace

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by xX aFTeRm4Th Xx

You took the wrong pill i think,its the red one.....er...is it the blue?

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by xX aFTeRm4Th Xx

False Flag or not. Action is needed to remove the Iranian Threat to Global Peace

I know it's early morning still, but that surely must be the funniest line I'll see all day!

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 06:57 AM
link   
F-22 Raptors were first deployed to United Arab Emirates in 2009.

www.acc.af.mil...

www.centaf.af.mil...

www.flightglobal.com...

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Britguy

I know it's early morning still, but that surely must be the funniest line I'll see all day!

Iran is the threat to global peace...meanwhile the U.S. is the one constantly at war. Someone is lost in the sauce...

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   

I do wonder how you feel about Saudi Arabia.

Did you know the Bin Laden's live there now? They moved yesterday. It's the safest place for tyrants and mass murderers I heard

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 07:45 AM
link   
The F-22s noted transiting through Spain on their way to the UAE during 17 April 2012

www.aviationcorner.net...

www.aviationcorner.net...

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Everyone always tries to make some kind of conspiracy out of nothing. The US and UAE have been doing a lot of bilateral training for a while due to UAE trying to establish their Marines.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
most likely the F-22's will be used to shoot down unauthorized Israeli F-15's and F-16's attacking Iran

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by coolieno99
most likely the F-22's will be used to shoot down unauthorized Israeli F-15's and F-16's attacking Iran

I had some similar thoughts on about that.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ErEhWoN

Add to that the Raptors and a couple of carriers and it looks like the administration has the 'stick' part of 'carrot and stick' in place should Iran choose to be less than forthcoming in the scheduled May meetings with the global powers

Teddy Roosevelt did say "Speak softly but carry a big stick". This is "cowboy diplomacy", let your guns do all your talking.
edit on 28-4-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Just because your local police does all the arresting doesnt make them wrong does it?

Originally posted by SGTSECRET

Originally posted by Britguy

Iran is the threat to global peace...meanwhile the U.S. is the one constantly at war. Someone is lost in the sauce...

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
Just because your local police does all the arresting doesnt (sic) make them wrong does it?

When they're outside county lines it does.
Sometimes they can arrest the wrong person, as well, based on hearsay, lack of evidence or (perish the thought!) fabricated evidence...

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Ummmm actually if under pursuit they can cross county AND state lines...................

But from ur logic, i take it you are for vigilante justice/every man for himself, no policing eh? Give every single person in the world thier own nuke since some already have them and see how things turn out eh? You trust ALL your neighbors with nukes because a few folks in your neighborhood have them eh?

Yep-perfectly rational.

Originally posted by aorAki

Originally posted by princeofpeace
Just because your local police does all the arresting doesnt (sic) make them wrong does it?

When they're outside county lines it does.
Sometimes they can arrest the wrong person, as well, based on hearsay, lack of evidence or (perish the thought!) fabricated evidence...

edit on 29-4-2012 by princeofpeace because: (no reason given)[/editby
edit on 29-4-2012 by princeofpeace because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   
the U.S. is using the F-22's to discourage or prevent Israel from attacking Iran. If a single Israeli bomb lands on Iran, gas price will jump from $ 4.25/gal to $ 6/gal or even $ 8 /gal. The whole world economy will be thrown into disarray and Obama will lose the election in Nov.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join