It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vacation backlash: Blue collar Dems jealous, angry at Obamas

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Blue collar Democratic voters, stuck taking depressing “staycations” because they can’t afford gas and hotels, are resentful of the first family’s 17 lavish vacations around the world and don’t want their tax dollars paying for the Obamas’ holidays, according to a new analysis of swing voters.

washingtonexaminer.com...

So let me get this right 17 vacations around the world in 3 years time which breaks down to 5 per year!

How many peasants got a vacation last year how many vacations have you taken in the last 3 years?

For that fact are you going to be able to take one this year?

The stink of this is "pay your fair share you evil rich"! So you can pay for my(Obama) vacations!

Then of course theres that tripe

"Romney is elite"
" Romney is out of touch"

At least Romney is spending his own money

Obama is spending yours and says not good enough give me more!

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Why do you keep up the division bro? I just saw your comments in another thread about how both sides are guilty and all the media sucks, so why acknowledge that and then continue the blame game?

So far, President Obama has taken 61 vacation days after 31 months in office. At this point in their presidencies, George W. Bush had spent 180 days at his ranch where his staff often joined him for meetings. And Ronald Reagan had taken 112 vacation days at his ranch.

www.cbsnews.com...

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Usually I stay out of political posts. I don't know enough about politics to back up my opinions. But that's ridiculous!!! I haven't taken a vacation for almost 8 years! And my parents paid for that one. My son just turned 1 when we went to California. He will be 9 soon.
I've tried countless times to save up. But then an unexpected medical emergency or car emergency comes and sucks up all the "extra" money. Definitely feeling a tinge of jealousy from over here.

While a man in so much power deserves a vacation every now and then, 5 a year (average) is pretty excessive. Especially when the world is in the state it's in. Sadly, these are just vacations and trips that we KNOW about.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
For one why not?

There is only one side in America going around screaming how evil it is to have money and making it a campaign issue.

The Global Trotting Current Potus screaming how he knows "your pain".

I love that Bush did it so no big deal Reagan did it so no big deal.

Thought this nation was in a crisis apparently there is always time to take a vacation after all it was the second great depression!

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I think you make a perfectly fair point. A previous President was (rightly) called on his HIgh Profile habit of golfing while crisis boiled overseas. He stopped the high profile nature of his golfing in our faces, as I recall. Obama and Co. are often not simply going on vacation with these but like the last Hawaii trip, it has to be the Burger King version. "Their Way". How much extra did it cost because Michelle just had to be there a day or two sooner? How many HUNDREDS of thousands of dollars did momentary decision of impatience cost America?

I think we'd all be a little more understanding about how ALL Presidents vacation if they seemed even a LITTLE conscious of the need to be low profile about it while most of us are badly hurting out here. It's really not the act itself to me..as much as the way they flaunt it and put it right in our faces for how much *MORE* each trip always seems to run for their personal choices of convenience. Do it with their own money..and I won't care anymore.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

The stink of this is "pay your fair share you evil rich"! So you can pay for my(Obama) vacations!

Yea, thats right, Obama wants the Bush tax holiday for the wealthy to end simply to help "pay for his vacations". Yep, you got all figured out!! Your FULL of wisdom on his big scheme there!!
You are definitely FULL of something thats for sure...

Then of course theres that tripe

"Romney is elite"
" Romney is out of touch"

He had 5 nannies just to take care of his children and genuinely believes that his wife knows what it is like to be a REAL MOM!!

ONE of a few HUNDRED examples on that character being out of touch. I may have to open an entire thread on the HUNDREDS of other examples.

More Right wing comedy from ya I see.

edit on 27-4-2012 by HangTheTraitors because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

Blame Game?

We have traitors running this Country !!!!

Seriously,if people believe guys like Obama and Eric Holder,shouldn't have scrutiny on them,after the damage they have done,well,God save us.

All the money wasted,in the name of working for "we the people",and you are angry,that "the people" bring it up?

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Indeed the blame game

Throw around Bush and Right wing and it somehow justifies their little posts.

Considering the same arguments have been going on since the creation of this country.

edit on 27-4-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
we don't have money to pay the troops,.....
we don't have the money to keep social security afloat...
we don't have the money, we have to borrow the money!!
and we need to stop all these people driving their cars all over the place, kill the coal burning power plants....we got to do it now!!! tomorrow will be too late!! we are killing our planet!!

now, go get airforce one ready....we are heading out on another vacation, it's just a measly $500 thousand, no one will miss it!!!

if we are so broke, if we can't meet our social security obligations, if we can't give our troops that we send out into war the proper equipment and pay them the money we owe them and provide them with the benefits that they were promised. if we have to raise taxes again on ANYONE!!! then I expect those that are in washington running the show to show some respect to the taxpayers in this country and start acting like this country is as broke as they want us to believe we are!!!
otherwise I ain't buying it!! I expect the same standard of living as my granny did on her social security!!!
if it collaspes our economy to do this, oh, well...
they are collasping it much faster than any of us are!!!

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

you are angry,that "the people" bring it up?

Yes I am, the hypocrisy reeks. We all know that injustice comes from numerous sources, the gov, the corps, the politicians, the bakers, the media, etc...
I am sick of the division amongst our citizens. It should be us against them, not us against us, and Neo continues to come out of the gate finger pointing and 'liberal this and liberal that,' as if one entity is fully responsible for all the crap in our systems, and yea I'm sick of it!

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by dawnstar

Yep wonder how much co2 emissions that jet setting family release into the atmosphere save the planet no worries just make the peasants purchase "carbon credits".

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by speculativeoptimist
reply to post by sonnny1

you are angry,that "the people" bring it up?

Yes I am, the hypocrisy reeks. We all know that injustice comes from numerous sources, the gov, the corps, the politicians, the bakers, the media, etc...
I am sick of the division amongst our citizens. It should be us against them, not us against us, and Neo continues to come out of the gate finger pointing and 'liberal this and liberal that,' as if one entity is fully responsible for all the crap in our systems, and yea I'm sick of it!

Unfortunately,Obama is at the highest position of the Land,at the moment. Presidency.
Hes a Liberal. Neo doenst like Liberals. . But the focus shouldn't be on Neo. It should be focused on the shot caller. Obama.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   
www.dailymail.co.uk...

New documents disclose $500,000 tab Michelle Obama left for taxpayers

One government agency spent over $800,000 on a convention/vacation and all heck breaks lose.

Michelle gets a pass as usual.
edit on 27-4-2012 by Carseller4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
i am blue collar and i get 5 paid vacations a year, we should all be so lucky. life is more than just work. we all deserve extra time to spend with our families and to recuperate from the daily grind.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Bush and Reagan both used their own ranches (at their own expense minus the cost of security) in the same way one would use Camp David. The Obama's take actual vacations....

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

To be fair i have never met a liberal

I have met people who call themselves liberal.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Off topic -
Ever notice how Neo constantly has to remind members to quit posting about him?(like this)
Do you not think that says anything about his posting style? I have never seen other members so often say address the post, not me," and to me that says something about his work here. If you do not see what I mean, then that's okay, but I do not think I am alone in the analysis.

I don't know why I even participate in political threads, and I keep vowing not to, but man these blatant attacks of hypocrisy?! Did Bush not take just as many if not more vacations...during the height of war/terrorism time? We know all pres' are puppets, so why keep on spewing the vitriol?

What if I did a thread today on Bush vacations before this one came out? How would you guys respond? Think about it...This is why I would not post such a thread, it is futile in it's purpose. Granted I have tried a few threads about political figures, but I realize we are all complaining about a game we were not invited to play in, so why the hate?

To each their own, and I do not wish to be a sour puss. I am a pretty mellow and loving dude, and the only thing that gets under my skin, besides animal cruelty and Monsanto, is politics, so when I see these threads I get a little heartbroken.
Spoken like a true Liberal I suppose.....

Carry on and I will once again abandon the politico threads/forums....really this time!

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Touche.....

I actually shouldn't put words into your mouth. Apology's.

Seriously,the focus SHOULDN'T be on you.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   

15f.) Relevant Content: You will not Post messages that are clearly outside of the stated topic of any forums or disrupt a forum by deliberately posting repeated irrelevant messages or copies of identical messages (also known as "flooding").

16) Behavior: You will not behave in an abusive, libelous, defamatory, hateful, intolerant, bigoted and/or racist manner, and will not harass, threaten, nor attack anyone.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Read them

Neo has never been the topic of this thread nor has it ever been any topic of any thread

This is the topic

Vacation backlash: Blue collar Dems jealous, angry at Obamas

Anything but is trolling as well.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Bush was an idiot also.
Unfortunately,Bush isn't running the show. Bush STILL gets blamed for all the ills though,wouldn't you agree? Obama still BLAMES HIM. Thats been proven. I guess if your frustration,at someone is going to make you bow out of the political spectrum,good luck. If you EVER want to see the blame game,I suggest you search "Bush" on ATS. Then the real fun begins...............

top topics

<<   2 >>

join