It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

On here every day, figured oughta go ahead and join

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Hello all. I've roamed this site for years and recently decided to join. Mostly I'm joining because I have one very interesting story to share about a top secret military event that I'm aware of. It's not all that wild of a thing, but it is quite true. But, that's a few posts into the future.
So I'm a student of archeology; archeoastronomy to be precise. Some day if my brain isn't shorted out I'll have a Ph.D. That brings up another reason I wanted to join. I feel that I have something useful to add in the field of ancient astronomy and calendrical/time keeping. Sorry, I intend to bust some bubbles regarding Mayan predictions of doom.
I'm happy to be here and hope to enjoy some conversations with everybody.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Welcome! I'm a lurker recently turned member and new as well. Once you hit the 20 post limit you should make a topic of your experience! Look forward to seeing you around the forums!

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Erectus

Welcome Erectus...
(awesome name)

So I'm a student of archeology; archeoastronomy to be precise.

Dr. Jones..?

Some day if my brain isn't shorted out I'll have a Ph.D.

Do you worry about becoming a "professional student", and missing out on a couple of rungs on the corporate ladder..?

Either way, like the intro and look forward to your posts...

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Same here

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Erectus

Welcome to ATS...if you see this guy, and he offer you a drink....run.....

Des

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Welcome! You seem to be someone from whom it would be interesting hearing more.

Archeology and astronomy are two of the most fascinating sciences I follow; they lead a lot of directions.

Glad you're here; see you around the boards!

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Thanks for all the welcomes.
I've tried the corporate ladder thing. I'm a little older than a lot of students. I spent my 20's chasing money as a small business owner. It was fun as it was a challenge trying to get my little business going good. Then it turned into a dull affair. I wasn't happy with the stress and long hours. The challenge disappeared and it became just a job. The money I'd chased so hard proved not as satisfying as I thought. So I decided to do something that was really cool. Now I'm a few years from a Ph. D and hopefully a job as a professor. I'm really enjoying spending all my time learning new things. I should have done this out of high school, but I wouldn't have appreciated it like I do now.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   
I ditto what everyone said....

.... It appears you might have some sense on the doom and gloom stuff. I took your closing re- marks as hog-wash to the doomers...we're all going to be ok...as soon as we get rid of corruption in the House....lol

Nice to meet you....
edit on 27-4-2012 by tracehd1 because: Spck

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   
You've joined the world's largest and civil alternative topics discussion community! We understand that with rules, policies and just the shear size of the website, it can be quite overwhelming. So we've created a presentation tour with just you in mind.

Welcome Erectus

Be sure to try out Ask ATS with any "search words" of your choice. You will find numerous threads to choose from and to add your thoughts to.

For now you can reply to any thread in any forum you wish. Once you have achieved the minimum of 20 post replies, you will be able to create your own threads in their appropriate areas & additionally be able to send and receive messages to fellow ATS members.

Here are some handy links to get you oriented into now becoming a valued member of ATS.

Reaffirming ATS Policies ( Please Read First )

Terms & Conditions Of Use (Please read second)

Visit here next - ATS Freshmans Forum

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

Hey New Members!! Come here if you need advice

Easy Way to Upload Your Pics & Avatar Graphics

*** Please have fun! But be aware if you act in an uncivil-like manner, use profanity, troll, intentionally spread a hoax and/or get verbally abusive, you will be removed off the ride by a Moderator. This is for your safety, & also for those both young and old on the ride with you.

So buckle up, keep your arms within the ride's comfort zone, have fun and "Deny Ignorance"...!

new topics

top topics

join