It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Amelia Sequence

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Hello Hello ATSers,

I just finished watching episode 6 of the (relatively) new TV series Touch. I find it quite interesting that the authors appear to be suggesting that autism is the next step in evolution - a topic that I've come across on ATS. There are also hints of a start children story line, but it's too early to make any substantiating claims on this ...

Having said that, this thread is not about autism or evolution or star children ... well, it may turn out to be, but so far I can't make the connection ...

Basically, the writers introduced a potential overarching backbone to the show in episode 6 - one that appears to hinge around The Amelia Sequence: 318529632879522975.

I did some brief research and it appears that the sequence is the writer's invention. A few people (according to google) seem to write it off as fiction. So far I can't see a reason to think otherwise - I.e. it appears to be fiction.... [ATS math geniuses please step in and correct me if I'm wrong] However, I do believe the writers are trying to communicate with the audience - similarly to the way that young Jake communicates with his father. This is why I think so:

Fact:
1. The episode was titled 'Lost and Found'

Creative analysis:
1. Take the Amelia sequence, add up the numbers from left to right until the sum is a double digit number, write down the sum, repeat the process writing down each sum? This process produces the following sequence: 12,16,11 15,14,13,12 .

Summary:
1. Not sure if it is of significance, but the resulting Sequence of Sums is comprised of the numbers 11,12,13,14,15 and 16 with 12 being repeated twice, out of sequence of course.
2. Sequence of sums starts with 12 and ends with 12 - thus connotation to 'Lost and Found'

Coincidence? Or are the authors really trying to communicate ? Personally i think it would be a great way to engage the audience and build up the suspense.

Opinions, thoughts and ideas welcome

edit on 26/4/2012 by phalanx001 because: clarity

edit on 26/4/2012 by phalanx001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by phalanx001

huh

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I am so glad that you watched that show and I totally follow what you are getting at. Brilliant! I have recorded all of the episodes and I have watched each one several times. There is definitely something to this show. At first I just thought that it was wishful thinking on my part because I have been researching and vigorously studying numerology, sequencing, coding and sacred geometry. I love this stuff! Too many coincidences in this show. I am a fan and a watcher of this program.

I have some work that I have done regarding this program and I will share very soon.

S&F for you.
edit on 26-4-2012 by MightyQuincunx because: typo

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Take note of the fact that when using lost/found symbolism we are really referring to opposites/black and white/yin yang...NOW add up the numbers between lost (12) and found (12) = 69...coincidence.

I believe if there is any connection, it is the process between something lost and something found = transition

IMHO

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by MightyQuincunx

Yes, I agree. Initially I thought the clues (i.e. numbers) were too obvious. The more i looked into it, i found that there were other, more subtle clues. There is also the introduction of the number 6 after the Amelia sequence (or as part of it) at the end of episode 6 ... Now, when the plane crash survivor walks out of his office (assuming I counted correctly) he happens to leave behind 6 drops of blood, etc ... It is all quite clever.

I look forward to you post!

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by MightyQuincunx

Take note of the fact that when using lost/found symbolism we are really referring to opposites/black and white/yin yang...NOW add up the numbers between lost (12) and found (12) = 69...coincidence.

I believe if there is any connection, it is the process between something lost and something found = transition

IMHO

Nice observation ! I'm curious to see what else the writers bring us.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Haven't seeen the show, but you make it sound interesting.
Other than the obvious link to the number 69, it does look like a Yin Yang symbol.
edit on 26-4-2012 by Chukkles because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chukkles
Haven't seeen the show, but you make it sound interesting.
Other than the obvious link to the number 69, it does look like a Yin Yang symbol.
edit on 26-4-2012 by Chukkles because: (no reason given)

Yes, it'll be interesting to see what the overall story will pan out to be in the long term. So far there are hints of star children, autism as evolution, ESP, interconnectedness (quantum entanglement or Gaia concepts ?), etc, etc ... all topics often discussed on ATS - it's as almost as though the writers drew their inspiration from ATS

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   
with fibranachi and the golden mean the pattern is to start out crude and work ever closer to phi,if the show follows the pattern introduced in episode one the clues will follow this pattern,all connected ,ever closer,I think theres more to come that will help clarify its final meaning

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   
I too am a big fan of this show. It seems to also link to quantum physics. My big issue is the social workers taking Jake. I work with kids with autism and am getting my masters in Autism and before going to such extreme members there would be first resources given to his father such as behavioral therapists, there is some state funding to help with financial needs, respite help, etc.

But suspension of disbelief allows me to move on.

My question to the post about adding up the numbers and getting 12, 16, etc.. I must have missed something because I got 93, which is a double digit but if you add it up its 12. but after that if I add 93 to the equation I get 105. which adds up to 6. Can you explain better or as a math teacher would say show your work, its been driving me crazy and I liked your theory.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by zoostory
I too am a big fan of this show. It seems to also link to quantum physics. My big issue is the social workers taking Jake. I work with kids with autism and am getting my masters in Autism and before going to such extreme members there would be first resources given to his father such as behavioral therapists, there is some state funding to help with financial needs, respite help, etc.

But suspension of disbelief allows me to move on.

My question to the post about adding up the numbers and getting 12, 16, etc.. I must have missed something because I got 93, which is a double digit but if you add it up its 12. but after that if I add 93 to the equation I get 105. which adds up to 6. Can you explain better or as a math teacher would say show your work, its been driving me crazy and I liked your theory.

Sorry, I should have done that in the first place.

Ok, let's start with the Amelia sequence: 318529632879522975

3+1+8 =12
5+2+9=16
6+3+2=11
8+7=15
9+5=14
2+2+9=13
7+5=12 

Lost and Found

Having said that, we have '6' - it being the final number revealed in episode 6 and 1188 in episode 7, which gives us: 31852963287952297561188

Continuing with the above guessing game, we have:

6+1+1+8 = 16 ..... However, I am not convinced that this is the pattern that they will continue with. I have a sneaking suspicion (i.e. I'm speculating) that episodes 1 to 6 were the 'introduction'. Now that the writers have potentially established a means of communication with the viewers, I think they may change the pattern, so it's more guessing from here on

Another possibility is that the number 6 signified death and the end - I.e. it coincides with episode 6 and it also is analogous with the viewers having 'Found' the pattern for episode 'six'. This would mean that 1188 is the beginning of the next pattern ... Time will tell I guess

edit on 1/5/2012 by phalanx001 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
I agree that the writers are trying to communicate with the audience. IMHO it is kinda obvious. The only thing I do not understand is the number "6," and here is why. If you go back and watch "Noosphere Rising" (Episode 7) at the end when Martin walks in to the room that has all of Teller's research. Martin writes four numbers on the chalk board "1188." Now we all know why he adds the "dead man's hand" to the sequence. Notice, however, that he does not add the "6." Are the writers telling us to ignore the "6"? Was the six only to indicate a brake in the string (Teller's Death) and when other brakes in the string show up these numbers will be linked together (thus a completely different message)? Was it an end to the first part of the message (Lost and Found)? I guess the only way to find out is to keep watching, but my bet in the brake in string theory.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hezikiah
I agree that the writers are trying to communicate with the audience. IMHO it is kinda obvious. The only thing I do not understand is the number "6," and here is why. If you go back and watch "Noosphere Rising" (Episode 7) at the end when Martin walks in to the room that has all of Teller's research. Martin writes four numbers on the chalk board "1188." Now we all know why he adds the "dead man's hand" to the sequence. Notice, however, that he does not add the "6." Are the writers telling us to ignore the "6"? Was the six only to indicate a brake in the string (Teller's Death) and when other brakes in the string show up these numbers will be linked together (thus a completely different message)? Was it an end to the first part of the message (Lost and Found)? I guess the only way to find out is to keep watching, but my bet in the brake in string theory.

Interesting observation. I did notice the chalk board, but I contributed the lack of a '6' as an oversight on behalf of the writers - probably incorrect on my behalf ... If your summation is true then the '118' from the dead man's hand (1188) adds up to '10' - this could be the next number in the pattern (a pattern I have established absolutely no significance for yet
)

Must say string theory is a likely candidate (and a good guess on your behalf) - especially given the strong number/math correlation.
edit on 1/5/2012 by phalanx001 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Greetings! I too find the Amelia Sequence very intersting. I may not be able to shed light on the numbers. But was wondering if Teller died of natural causes or was he murdered? At the very end when the social worker was viewing the security footage she DID see the girl in the wheel chair as Teller did. I think it is a conspiracy theory about these kids and the state takes them away from families for alterier motives...And why is the rich Aunt wanting custody does she know something or is she a part of it...

Regarding the numbers, I thought that the Amelia Sequence might have some scientific background too but appears to be fictional. I am not a math person but find, numerology, quantum physics, sacred geometry very intersting and am always trying to understand it. This is a brilliant show, I just love it and can't wait to see what unfolds.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   

I love this idea of adding the numbers of the Amelia sequence, just as I love the idea of the Amelia sequence and the concept of "Touch". But I feel that's really not enough. So I tried other kinds of mathematical operations (in vain
) and ran other researches on the web. And I found this site which looks like some real mathematical information, that suggests that the Amelia sequence (318529632879522975) has to be divided in three groups of 6 numbers, forming smaller sequences that you find somewhere in maths as parts of the decimal expansion of mathematical expressions. It's decieving again, because it doesn't seem to mean anything (yet?), but it looks somehow nearer to the truth.
brainchamber.com...
Note that three series of 6 numbers reminds the 666 (beast number), but it enters a domain I don't know much, so I leave you this as a possible lead!

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Isitrandom

I love this idea of adding the numbers of the Amelia sequence, just as I love the idea of the Amelia sequence and the concept of "Touch". But I feel that's really not enough. So I tried other kinds of mathematical operations (in vain
) and ran other researches on the web. And I found this site which looks like some real mathematical information, that suggests that the Amelia sequence (318529632879522975) has to be divided in three groups of 6 numbers, forming smaller sequences that you find somewhere in maths as parts of the decimal expansion of mathematical expressions. It's decieving again, because it doesn't seem to mean anything (yet?), but it looks somehow nearer to the truth.
brainchamber.com...
Note that three series of 6 numbers reminds the 666 (beast number), but it enters a domain I don't know much, so I leave you this as a possible lead!

Thank you for the suggestion. It appears we have another interesting lead
I am by no means familiar with the occult, so I'm afraid we may have to rely on another ATSer to assist with a potential connection here.

Having said that, I've only had a brief look, but following the logic on the website, I would say that it is possible to find a decimal expansion of random math expressions that will suit any 6 digit sequence...
edit on 8/5/2012 by phalanx001 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Ok, it is possible that a new pattern may be forming. Since i don't have the patience to wait for the next episode, I will go out on a limb and make a bald prediction that the next 4 numbers that are revealed will add up to 15.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Touch: Season 1 : Ep. 9 Music of the Spheres, the question of the omission of the “6” within the Amelia Sequence was either answered or corrected by the writers, with the Jake’s character adding it along with the numbers 55124 on the main chalkboard in Teller’s office. It stands to reason that the sequence was written by Teller, and since the six represented among other things his own death that he would be unaware of its significance within the sequence. I observed in the promo for Touch’s season finale that there are an additional four numbers added to it …2545…?
The Amelia Sequence: 318 5296 3287 (9.5) 22 975 (6) 1188 1604 55124 (2545)

edit on 12-5-2012 by dblmars because: (9.5) appears in both Prof. Coteweiler Ph,D (Noosphere Rising) and Teller's (Music of Spheres) written squences

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   
remember that it was jake whor revealled the number six to tellar only, so when martin added 1188, he didnt know about the six. as soon as jake was introduced to the room he of course knew to add the six. which is presumably the room number that amelia has or had.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   
I believe there is some connection in sequence with the orange drink (Citrus) from memory that Jake drinks. On episode 5 where the number was 95 it had an advertisement where it stated it was 99.5 Degrees in the shade.

Have started re-watching to look for further connections between his drink advertisements on buses and several places around the city and the sequence. Will post again if I find anything more conclusive.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join