It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Crucifixion: A Medical Perspective

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
His holier than though attitude is disturbing

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

Then why do you continue to hang out in the Religion forums?

I find it odd that the same wanderers seem to find their way into the Religion forum threads, day in and day out, most of whom contribute worthless nuggets of bait-tactic commentary.

At least Hydro contributes to intelligible debate, and not juvenile verbal jabs to the equivalent of "I know you are, but what am I?" when nobody even asked you in the first place.

Trolling FAIL

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
reply to post by NOTurTypical

I speak for all things real

Well when did you stop?

Spoke is past tense.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   

I know this is off topic, but I sent You an U2U.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   

reply to post by Iason321

No you're not. Did you suddenly forget the story behind the whole first stone verse?
I'll remind you since you seem to have forgotten;

en.wikipedia.org...

You randomly started attacking me because I asked you a question. You act like a Pharisees, who jesus loathed.

"Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment." ~ John 7:24

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by swan001

I know this is off topic, but I sent You an U2U.

No problem friend, I'm not upset.

You're not trolling here.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Thanks for proving the bible contradicts itself

He didn't, he just showed you didn't at all rightly divide it, or consider the whole council of it.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hydroman

Originally posted by Iason321

Your friggin skull must be thick as a cinder block.

I'm outta here

1 Peter 3:15 "But in your hearts revere Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect."

"Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you." Matt 7:6

"And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when ye depart out of that house or city, shake off the dust of your feet. Verily I say unto you, It shall be more tolerable for the land of Sodom and Gomorrha in the day of judgment, than for that city." Matt. 10:14-15

Can you show me where anyone here was asking Jason to give an account of the hope he had within him? I can't find that post. Someone help me find it.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

You didn't realize that Christians attack those that question their beliefs when they have no answers?

You must be new to the religious forums...

Good idea for a reality show too eh...

"When Christians attack"

I'd watch it for a good laugh.... though i tend to live that reality here

So what do you think about the video in the OP?

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hydroman

Notice what's happening here folks -

The deceivers disciples are rebuking one of Gods disciples with Gods own scriptures that they claim they don't believe in,

Remember folks, the Satan itself tempted Jesus with Gods Word.
But you believe in it, don't you? That's what counts. You preach at us with this scripture, so have some of your own medicine...

Oh, and Satan twisted the scripture. I didn't. I posted exactly what the scripture says, and it applies to this situation.

Instead of being humble and admitting you were wrong, your pride gets in the way and you try to make it look like I'm on the side Satan, your god's arch nemesis. You might as well say I'm on Darth Vader's side. It means the same to me.

What do you think about the video in the OP?

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

You didn't realize that Christians attack those that question their beliefs when they have no answers?

You must be new to the religious forums...

Good idea for a reality show too eh...

"When Christians attack"

I'd watch it for a good laugh.... though i tend to live that reality here

So what do you think about the video in the OP?

No arguement about the medical perspective of the event...

Though once the video hits the "did he die" part... his beliefs shine through...

"Being the son of God he could have survived anything... he allowed himself to die..."

Considering he practically begged God to take this cup from him... I don't believe he "allowed" himself to die... he was executed... and he had no choice in the matter because...

1. His followers would not stand up for him...

2. He wouldn't allow them to either way... he followed Gods will...

In a way he allowed himself to die, but only by submitting to the Fathers will...

IF he was God... he could have survived... but he was not... he was human not God... absolutely divine, but perfected within his 33 years...

He didn't want to die, but he knew he had to so he could return...

Other then that... the medical side of the arguement is solid.

It was interesting when he talked about the crown... I've seen the smallest cut to the scalp bleed so much that it covered this dudes face in shop class years ago... Just a little nick from a shard of steel and he was soaked in blood...

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Please address the topic and not each other.

For the life of me I can't imagine why people who don't subscribe to Christianity want to participate in these discussions and I can't understand how Christians can behave so unkindly.

Regardless, you're all bound by the T&C.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

Some of us hold to the ideal that one should not be bound by the confines of religion...

I participate in these discussions in the hopes of freeing peoples minds from said chains...

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

It was interesting when he talked about the crown... I've seen the smallest cut to the scalp bleed so much that it covered this dudes face in shop class years ago... Just a little nick from a shard of steel and he was soaked in blood...

Well the cause of death was actually "pleural and pericardial effusions exasperated by hypovolemic shock". And hypovolemic shock is "blood volume shock".

That's why is was a shock to Pilate He died so quickly, most of the really nasty stuff happened after Pilate released Him to the praetorian guard.

My little sister stood up under a playground and cut the top of her head and it looked like she had been murdered. Everything was soaked with blood and she was extremely woozy.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Actually i tend to avoid the storys of the crucifiction...

I get visuals as i read scripture, and reading those passages almost brings me to tears...

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Actually i tend to avoid the storys of the crucifiction...

I get visuals as i read scripture, and reading those passages almost brings me to tears...

Worst death known to man. I'd rather be burned at the stake.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   

He was sweating blood in the garden of Gathsemane because he was under so much stress his brain was hemorraghing. He was on the verge of having an aneurysm which is why an angel had to strengthen him. Talk about a will of steel, i would have shat myself and fell down in a heap in my own stools.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

He was sweating blood in the garden of Gathsemane because he was under so much stress his brain was hemorraghing. He was on the verge of having an aneurysm which is why an angel had to strengthen him. Talk about a will of steel, i would have shat myself and fell down in a heap in my own stools.

actually if his brain was hemorraghing he would have been dead... or stroked out...

In times of extremely high stress the body can actually sweat small amounts of blood, due to capilaries bursting from high BP...

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

actually if his brain was hemorraghing he would have been dead... or stroked out...

In times of extremely high stress the body can actually sweat small amounts of blood, due to capilaries bursting from high BP...

Yes, I've seen this happen 1 time in my life. It's very weird.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   

The crucifixion of Jesus the Christ,

btw, why do you worship tyler the creator? He didn't create jack,

why don't you get with the real Creator instead of idolizing the wannabe gangsta creator?

And you're the first one to complain about "christians" being persecuted... about the "god haters" of ATS...

Read you own words... THAT is why people give christians like you crap all the time. YOU start it, then you whine when people fight back.

Ultimately, nobody knows exactly what he died of. There's no actual physical evidence to support any particular theory.
edit on 4/26/2012 by ~Vixen~ because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join