It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Crucifixion: A Medical Perspective

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by ~Vixen~

Are you serious?

Nobody knows what he died of?

Let me just tell you, before I go.

The *ONLY* reason you know the name Jesus Christ is because of the New Testament.

The *ENTIRE* New Testament, is a testament to the crucifixion and resurrection of Jesus Christ.

Therefore, to say nobody knows what he died of, is SO wrong on every level, I really don't know where to begin

It's like saying "JFK may have had a heart attack and died quietly in his home, how do we really know?"

It doesn't even MAKE SENSE!

Good bye, for now....

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   
It's funny how un-Christian some people act when they are questioned or their beliefs are questioned as well. If you are a Christian and you believe than that should be all that matters! By getting so obviously annoyed it is just showing that you actually have doubts about your own religion otherwise you would not care at all.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by clintdelicious
It's funny how un-Christian some people act when they are questioned or their beliefs are questioned as well. If you are a Christian and you believe than that should be all that matters! By getting so obviously annoyed it is just showing that you actually have doubts about your own religion otherwise you would not care at all.

I remember reading somewhere Jesus getting a tad annoyed with the mockers. Just a tad.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Luckily for me I don't live my life how others tell me to so I need not worry about such trivia. I'm merely pointing out that you should not care so much if someone is questioning your beliefs. I find it disturbing how aggressive some apparent Christians actually get when they claim to follow Jesus example.
edit on 10/10/2011 by clintdelicious because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Do you think Yeshua never gets angry? Do you think of him as a love besotted fool? He kicked over the tables of the money changers in the temple and then whipped them. If you loved your father and someone put him down and persecuted him when he did nothing to harm you and he was innocent, would you get annoyed with those people? Your problem is you lack empathy. To us you insult our Father and make fun of him. We are still human, we still bleed red and we still have human feelings.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by stupid girl

I don't ever go in the religion forums. This was on the new topics feed. Thx

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   

reply to post by NOTurTypical

Luckily for me I don't live my life how others tell me to so I need not worry about such trivia. I'm merely pointing out that you should not care so much if someone is questioning your beliefs. I find it disturbing how aggressive some apparent Christians actually get when they claim to follow Jesus example.

I just told you what Jesus' example was with those who mocked.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
All this is just speculation and theory, with a dash of wishful thinking. Your doctor can't accurately diagnose the death of Jesus. There was no body. In fact, the patient was up and walking around, eating, talking and probably using the bathroom.

Any doctor, who sees the patient up and about, and then gives the diagnosis of death, is a quack!

Jesus didn't die on the cross. Joseph and Nicodemus paid Pilot off, and probably the guards too. They took possession of his body after only 6 hours, his legs weren't broken and his side bled, indicating his heart was beating.

They treated his injuries with myrrh, an antiseptic and expectorant, and aloes, some 75 pounds worth.

He did not die, but survived, with the help of his friends.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

Must've been some super damn potent aloe to replace all the flesh in his back all the flesh and muscles and tendons in his legs all the flesh and tendons in his chest all the holes in his head the holes in his wrists and feet and the spear through his heart, oh and lets not forget he probably had less than 1/3 of the blood left in his body, if that, WHOO!!!

Where can i get me some of that aloe?!?!?!?

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Iason321

You don't know any of that to be true. It certainly isn't in the bible. What is in the bible though, he was up and about. Walking around and eating and talking with people, isn't dead.

If you want to believe the Mel Gibson version, fine. I don't buy it. He survived.

That means his life was the important thing. Not his death, like you Christians must believe.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   

The whole mel gibson version was based on the Biblical account,

Do you really need me to go through this, or will you just go look and read the Bible yourself?

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Nowhere, in the bible does it say Jesus was stabbed through the heart, or the flesh ripped by cat n nine tails. Nowhere does it say his intestines were ripped out and falling from his side.

All this is just morbid wishful thinking. It's all justification for your belief that Jesus died for your sins, leaving you irresponsible to the world.

Jesus was seen up and about, eating and other things. This is not death!

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Sit back, relax, and let me educate you,

But he was pierced for our transgressions,
he was crushed for our iniquities;
the punishment that brought us peace was upon him,
and by his wounds we are healed.
We all, like sheep, have gone astray,
each of us has turned to his own way;
and the LORD has laid on him
the iniquity of us all.
He was oppressed and afflicted,
yet he did not open his mouth;
he was led like a lamb to the slaughter,
and as a sheep before her shearers is silent,
so he did not open his mouth.

- Isaiah 53:5-7

Yet it was the LORD’S will to crush him and cause him to suffer,
and though the LORD makes his life a guilt offering,
he will see his offspring and prolong his days,
and the will of the LORD will prosper in his hand.

- Isaiah 53:10
Because he poured out his life unto death
and was numbered with the transgressors.
For he bore the sin of many
and made intercession for the transgressors.

- Isaiah 53:12
He [Jesus] took the Twelve aside and told them what was going to happen to him. “We are going up to Jerusalem,” he said, “and the Son of Man will be betrayed to the chief priests and teachers of the law. They will condemn him to death and will hand him over to the Gentiles, who will mock him and spit on him, flog him and kill him. Three days later he will rise."

- Mark 10: 32-34
And he [Jesus] said, “The Son of Man must suffer many things and be rejected by the elders, chief priests and teachers of the law, and he must be killed and on the third day be raised to life.”
Then he said to them all: “If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me. For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for me will save it.

- Luke 9:22-24
Then he [Jesus] took the cup, gave thanks and offered it to them, saying, “Drink from it, all of you. This is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins. I tell you, I will not drink of this fruit of the vine from now on until that day when I drink it anew with you in my Father’s kingdom.

- Matthew 26:27-29
Later, knowing that all was now completed, and so that the Scripture would be fulfilled, Jesus said, “I am thirsty.” A jar of wine vinegar was there, so they soaked a sponge in it, put the sponge on a stalk of the hyssop plant, and lifted it to Jesus’ lips. When he had received the drink, Jesus said, “It is finished.” With that, he bowed his head and gave up his spirit.

- John 19:28-30

Matthew 27:29 "And when they had platted a crown of thorns, they put it upon his head, and a reed in his right hand: and they bowed the knee before him, and mocked him, saying, Hail, King of the Jews!"

John 19:2 "And the soldiers platted a crown of thorns, and put it on his head, and they put on him a purple robe,"

John 19:34 "But one of the soldiers with a spear pierced his side, and forthwith came there out blood and water."

If you want, I can post a whole bunch more, if you still think it's necessary to prove my point.....

Amen

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Mary Magdalene went to the tomb of Jesus, the Sunday after his supposed death. Why? To annoint him with oil. Why would anyone annoint a 3 day old corpse, wrapped in linens, with oil?

She was there to apply more healing balms.

Why did the resurrected body need a stone to be moved in order for him to escape. Surely a spirit can walk though a stone wall.

Why did Jesus wear a disguise, pretending to be a gardener? Because he was afraid for the evil Jews to find out he didn't die.

The way He said "Mary," she recognized that this was Jesus. So, she wants to grab Him. I'm asking why. To bite Him? No! To pay respect. We Eastern people do that. She wants to grab Him. So Jesus says, "Touch Me not," I say, why not? Is He a bundle of electricity, a dynamo, that if she touches Him she will get electrocuted? Tell me, why not? I say because it hurts, You give me another reason why not, "Touch Me not for I am not yet ascended unto My Father." Is she blind? Can't she see the man is standing there beside her? What does He mean by "I'm not gone up" when He is here? He said, "I am not yet ascended unto My Father." In the language of the Jew, in the idiom of the Jew. He's saying, "I am not dead yet."

So, all the knowledge being from hearsay, you come across a person who you heard was dead for three days. You assume that He's stinking in His grave. When you see such a person. naturally, you're terrified. So Jesus wants to assure them that He's not what they're thinking. They are thinking that He has come back from the dead. A resurrected, spiritualized body, so He says - I am only quoting what Luke says - He says, "Behold My hands and My feet." Have a look at My hands and My feet, that it is I, Myself. I am the same fellow, man, what's wrong with you? Why are you afraid? He says, "Handle Me and see. Handle Me and see. For a spirit has no flesh and bones, as you see me have." answering-islam.org...

40 When he had said this, he showed them his hands and feet. 41 And while they still did not believe it because of joy and amazement, he asked them, “Do you have anything here to eat?” 42 They gave him a piece of broiled fish, 43 and he took it and ate it in their presence.

Why would Jesus go through all the trouble to show them that he is himself, flesh and bones and was hungry, if he was in a spiritual form?

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   

The way you twist things to suit your own views is ridiciulous,

I'll let someone else reply to your latest round of issues ,

I don't even know if your trolling or not

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Vixen~

There's no actual physical evidence to support any particular theory.

Eye-witness testimony and hostile source attestation from the Babylonian Talmuds.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   

In fact, the patient was up and walking around, eating, talking and probably using the bathroom.

Don't forget materializing out of thin air and walking through walls with His glorified resurrected body.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword

Nowhere, in the bible does it say Jesus was stabbed through the heart,

The doctor explains the emission of blood and water showed the spear pierced his pericardial sac.

or the flesh ripped by cat n nine tails.

Roman scourging.

Nowhere does it say his intestines were ripped out and falling from his side.

Psalm 22

All this is just morbid wishful thinking. It's all justification for your belief that Jesus died for your sins, leaving you irresponsible to the world.

Correction, irresponsible "to God". We still are accountable to man for what we do, and seek forgiveness when we can.

Jesus was seen up and about, eating and other things. This is not death!

You're correct, that's evidence of the resurrection.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Mary Magdalene went to the tomb of Jesus, the Sunday after his supposed death. Why? To annoint him with oil. Why would anyone annoint a 3 day old corpse, wrapped in linens, with oil?

Because she couldn't touch the body before Passover or she would have been ritualistically impure for the feast.

Why did the resurrected body need a stone to be moved in order for him to escape. Surely a spirit can walk though a stone wall.

For the sake of the disciples to look inside the tomb. The significance was the folded "napkin" or Tallit. The disciples were worried the Romans would steal the body. And Jesus being a Jew "folded the napkin" in the ritualistic manner Jews folded their tallits. This would have been an instant sign to His Jewish disciples that He did it, and the Romans didn't steal the body.

They wouldn't care about Jewish customs for folding a tallit.

Why would Jesus go through all the trouble to show them that he is himself, flesh and bones and was hungry, if he was in a spiritual form?

He wasn't in spiritual form, He resurrected bodily from the grave. It was to show them He was resurrected with a glorified body.

edit on 26-4-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Because she couldn't touch the body before Passover or she would have been ritualistically impure for the feast.

But Joseph and Nicodemus could?

For the sake of the disciples to look inside the tomb. The significance was the folded "napkin" or Tallit. The disciples were worried the Romans would steal the body. And Jesus being a Jew "folded the napkin" in the ritualistic manner Jews folded their tallits. This would have been an instant sign to His Jewish disciples that He did it, and the Romans didn't steal the body.

They wouldn't care about Jewish customs for folding a tallit.

The disciples took off running for the hills, with their tales between their legs. They weren't anywhere near the tomb.

He wasn't in spiritual form, He resurrected bodily from the grave. It was to show them He was resurrected with a glorified body.

edit on 26-4-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

Yeah right! He couldn't walk through the stone covering the tomb but he walked through walls? I don't think so. He had a body of flesh and bones that was hungry. How is that a glorified body?

Also, Psalms is not a prophetic book. Most of the Psalms were poems that were copied right off the gates and walls of Egyptians cities.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join