It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atheism promotes Nihilism

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by windword
reply to post by SisyphusRide

It's really very simple. Someone says something like, "Jesus died for your sins......" and an atheist answers, "Yeah, I don't believe that."

Nothing sinister, evil, cruel or hurtful
oh now
it goes way beyond that...

There is no shortage of religious believers that mock and threaten atheists with eternal damnation, attempting to drive home a sense of a worthless life, without their fantasy gods.
edit on 5-5-2012 by windword because: (no reason given)
that's something I will have to see, the way things actually are is the theists are usually on about their own business discussing God amongst eachother, it is then the atheist steps in to tease and ridicule and demoralize the good natured individuals who believe in Love and fellowship with others... atheists can't stand it if others are doing well.

from what I've seen anyway... though I am sure we can both resort to posting youtube links proving eachother wrong? sadly youtube does not represent the majority of the offline world.

edit on 5-5-2012 by SisyphusRide because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by windword
How you find the divine in it escapes me, but that's okay.

this is not a very difficult concept to grasp and actually it possibly sheds some light on how non-believers think and also reflects part of the problem.

Instead of getting into a long-winded explanation here, let me just ask you and other atheist to walk by any church of Mt Zion, stop for one minute and ask those people in there who shake the walls of their establishment with song everytime church is in session.

this says alot... it is how it makes you feel inside, music just as the Lord can move mountains.

I don't expect atheists or even half the parents in the world to understand this, some parents and are just so stiff, they don't, or rather can't, think outside the box like music lovers do.

...see example

edit on 5-5-2012 by SisyphusRide because: (no reason given)

<< 6  7  8   >>

join