It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Chronicles of the Red Sun: Day #Twelve

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I just want to start off by saying thank you to those that read the first entry. Also, many of you may have noticed the confusing format of the story name in the first entry. The thread title reads "The Red Sun Chronicles" when the title in the body of the post reads "The Chronicles of the Red Sun." This was my mistake. This series will henceforth be known as "The Chronicles of the Red Sun".....just to clear the air on that bit of confusion.

For those of you who have not yet read the first entry, I suggest you read it before continuing

You may find that here:
The Chronicles of the Red Sun: Day #Eleven

The Chronicles of the Red Sun

Day #Twelve

It is December 10th, 6:52am EST and it is currently 108 degrees Fahrenheit. As I sit on my back porch writing this, I can hear no birds or see any animals frolicking about. There are no planes in the sky, and I hardly hear a car drive by. The silence is eerie and deafening. This is not the place that I know. This is not where I grew up. The place that I grew up had snow this time of year, and lots of it. All of the trees still have their leaves, the grass is still green, and new flowers are popping up almost daily. On top of all of that, there is this glow. This dark red glow that looks as if you are wearing some sort of amber lens over your eyes, only with more of a red tinge. The heat feels different too.

I know I should not be sitting out here right now, but I just got Marcy down to sleep after consoling her all night. I needed some fresh air and to get out of that house for a few minutes. I have never stayed in my house this long without leaving to go somewhere. I guess a new curfew starts tonight at 7 because of the looting that has been going on. So, we have that on top of the travel ban. Things just seem so surreal. It feels like I am dreaming and I am about to be shocked back into reality by the stinging buzz of my alarm clock.

But no this is reality and here I sit, by myself....with no contact with the outside world besides my TV set. I have no minutes left on my phone, but I have gotten a few notices that I have received texts and have insufficient funds left on my account to read them. Which makes me feel good. I just tell myself that either Maria, Ethan, or Chris has tried to contact me, so I think they are alright. I mean, why would they not be alright? It is just heat, right?

There were more reports of heatstroke today. 255 people have died in Seneca county alone since yesterday morning. They are mainly people from nursing homes and people recovering from surgery or just getting over an illness, but there were some reports of young children dying as well. I do not fear for myself because I know I am healthy and hydrated. I am just worried about Marcy. I am doing everything in my power to make sure she stays healthy, and I feel that I have been successful, I just cannot get over that screaming and crying. I have never heard her cry like that before. I know that she knows something is wrong. Children are sensitive to things that adults cannot sense. I can feel that something is wrong as well when I look at her and then at the red glow emanating from around the sides of the blinds.

I have not heard very much about the new sun since yesterday. The last report I saw on MSNBC referred to it as "Nemesis" instead of "DSRYardley-2016". When ever they speak about the sun, they give information that seems to be only relevant to scientists and not the general public. They use scientific terms and spout out all of these numbers while showing various images of the sun in different light spectrums. This thing has been in our skies for almost two weeks now, and it appears to be getting larger (I think its getting closer, but who knows). But wouldn't one think that they would report on the fact that it is seemingly growing larger? I mean it is no secret, we all can see it. I just cannot get over the fact that it grew so fast in such little time. The first night that anyone noticed it, it was about the size of Jupiter in the night sky, only it was a deep, mesmerizing red color. Then BAM! Three days later we woke up to this thing being almost the size of the moon. As I look at the sun now, it almost looks as big as our known sun. I will just have to wait till our sun rises a little more to compare sizes today.

They say it is expected to hit an all time high of 119 today, so it is clearly getting hotter. That is a 5 degree temperature jump since yesterday - in DECEMBER. This is unreal. Well, Marcy is up now, and crying. I am going to go tend to her and try to hold it together. I have a big dinner planned today - for myself. Stuffed shells, garlic bread, antipasto salad, along with a chicken Caesar salad. I love to cook, it should take my mind off things, for an hour or so at most.....

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   
You have no idea how badly I wish this story was finished and in book format!!

Another good read, my young friend.

Poor Marcy...

J

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Keep up the good work!

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Definetely getting better, liking the personal perspective of it.

Keep going, we are waiting....

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by LadyJae

I am really glad that you enjoy it so far!

There is a good chance that Day #Thirteen will be posted today

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by swan001

Thanks a bunch, Swan

Amaeus

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by 74Templar

Your support is much appreciated

I am flattered by your comments!

Amaeus

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
I (very regrettably) forgot about this story for a while, and then couldn't find it for the life of me. I'm sorry for resurrecting the thread 3 months after it was posted originally, but I really wanted to review.

WOW, this is just as good as I remembered! I love the plot development. It's becoming reminiscent of the old Twighlight Zone episode The Midnight Sun. Off to Day 13!

top topics

join