It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oppsy! China pledges North Korea ties amid rocket tensions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 04:01 AM
link   
Link: www.bbc.co.uk...

China's president pledged strong ties with North Korea, amid serious tensions between the two Koreas in the wake of Pyongyang's failed rocket launch.

Hu Jintao's promise came at a meeting with a Workers' Party delegation headed by Kim Yong-il in Beijing on Monday.

It came as North Korea threatened "unprecedented action" against Seoul.

Meanwhile the US says it has raised allegations with China that a missile launcher seen in Pyongyang last week was of Chinese origin.

Oh dear things seem to be getting worse! What next?
I thought maybe Kim was talking it up in his latest rant, but cuddling with China during his latest dummy spit is not good news!

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 04:08 AM
link   
Has China sold Kim a big Firework?

Ashes in 3 seconds, sorry 4 seconds, I mean minutes

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 04:09 AM
link   
China sure picked one heck of a time to voice their undying support for Dear Goober in Pyongyang. It's also not funny in even the slightest way....for one second. if Chinese missile systems are openly sold into the DPRK for derployment, that changes everything in terrible ways.

Oh. heck... Your picture is downright unnerving. It isn't the same system of course...but the S-300 of the Russian Variety has a Chinese version domestically produce by China. It's equal or..to hear them brag, superior to the Russian one. That's Patriot level accuracy and impact...with a couple hundred kilometer range. In THAT small theater? That would ..well... China needs to keep their missiles to themselves!

Err... China REALLY picked a bad time to pipe up with total support.. they just really couldn't have picked a worse one.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 04:41 AM
link   
This is getting scary now. What the hell is China doing?

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Yep, you don't get in bed with a nutcase at times like these?

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by BrittanyLea

Dont be scared of NK. Sure they have their problems many of which are caused by the sanctions imposed by the West.

Stop beleiving in the propaganda. This is what is really going on.. The final pieces of the banking empire are being put into place.

As of the year 2000, there were 7 countries without a Rothschild-owned Central Bank:

Afghanistan
Iraq
Sudan
Libya
Cuba
North Korea
Iran

Now guess who is left....

Cuba
North Korea
Iran

The US is a business it was set up as such. Go and check it out if you dont believe me. The corperation of London (the square mile) is the richest in the world. It does not fall under UK law nor is it owned by the UK. The American military is the arm of the banking elite. Stop believing the hype and read between the lines..

This is a worldwide take over by a handful of people and peeps cannot even see its happening.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
China's behavior is two-fold: The US supports SK, Japan and now has troops in Australia, so China needs to counter that by backing their own horse in the region. They're also worried about a large conflict destabilizing the entire region, so they've given NK technological and political backing to reassure NK and also make the US/SK think twice about attacking - and have no doubt asked that in return NK agrees not to start anything.

The risk is that NK could just ignore China and kick something off, but China has no choice really. They don't want the US/SK on their doorstep, and they need NK as a buffer of sorts from US influence in the region. Doing nothing is not an option for them.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

Dont be scared of NK. Sure they have their problems many of which are caused by the sanctions imposed by the West.

I usually don't agree with the sanctions system, I believe it's more like castrating a country than aiding them, or anyone else, like putting a scared dog into a corner... It raised the possibility of it bitting back.

But as the North Korea case goes, they asked for it. They did several actions and took several measures, after severe warning from the global community, that they would be punished if they crossed some clear lines.

Time and time again, NK choose to cross those lines. And made several, unnecessary, aggression acts.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

Be careful not to sell Pyonyang short, either... The same things you're saying now were said within literal WEEKS and in official reports before the full blown invasion of South Korea by the North. CIA reported almost immediately before the war started that North Korea was absolutely no threat outside their own borders and had no serious intentions for expansion or conflict.

Well... We all know how that turned out with the Korean War that followed....

Different times...Different people. That is true. However, in looking at the DPRK, how much has changed from their end and inside that closed and dark nation? Same family ruling...much the same line of thinking behind it...and definitely the same wild unpredictability that dear 'ol Dad brought to that corner of the world. I'd say North Korea will be a wild card until that insane regime is put of of the world's misery and MAYBE...the North Korean people can see the world they haven't even been allowed to know exists.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Nice banner advert about "Sign here to stop Iran and get a flag from Israel" on the site

Originally posted by CaptainBeno
Yep, you don't get in bed with a nutcase at times like these?

Oh yes you do or did you forget about the USA backing Israel or that the tail is wagging the dog ?

Keep pushing people around and one day someone is going to hit back and you don't need to concern yourself with NK because China has them on a leash which is more than can be said for the mad dogs in Israel.

The secret is gods people want to bring about the end times and you are not invited.

edit on 24-4-2012 by Master_007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrittanyLea

China is doing what anyone with half a brain would do as the USA tried to play checkmate by placing military bases all around it and Russia seemed to be getting tired of this too but then they go and let the USA use Russian land to resupply Afganistan because Pakistan stopped them use their roads.

Keep sitting on your bum letting the bankers from israel bribe all you politicians seems a sure way of getting yourself killed and it is time to stop the fascist state taking you rights away to stop them fighting wars for israel.

If americans want war then let them vote on it and face the results because it will come down to this if something is not changed soon.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I'm rather horrified at how people seem happy to see the U.S. get theirs in this time and context. Hey, that may be true...but the way this is all being discussed in context is a method that will mean the day after it starts, millions of people will be dead. Those millions were alive the day BEFORE it begins. I'm just missing at this stage, how anyone is still anything BUT Anti-War.

This isn't Iraq.....Afghan..Panama..Grenada..or even Vietnam. We're looking at tensions high enough to break into open war in 3 different places on Earth and both sides of those local tensions are the SAME sides present in the others.

We have the DPRK, Iran/Syria/Israel and Central Africa. 3 areas...U.S. Forces are on the pointy end, sitting on go- to jump or already IN daily combat and are set to see the whole thing blow wide open. So... how is there any bright side to anything but peace right now?

lets come back to this score settling business when Half the World isn't on the edge of war already and needing only a push from any direction to go the rest of the way.. Just my thoughts..and hope that ALL OUR CHILDREN don't grow up in a world of endless war and ruins all around them. in this case, ultimately, it IS 'for the children'...as over-used as that term is these days.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Hmm, I don't know...

I mean, it's not on the same kind of scale I know but the U.S claims "strong ties" with the U.K and we all know they'd do nothing if Argentina were to attack the Falkland Islands again, so "strong ties" means nothing really.

new topics

top topics

join