It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where to go when SHTF as a resident of central Indiana

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   
I just wanted to make this thread to see what others had to say in regards to a place to bug out when the SHTF. I live in Terre Haute Indiana and I am honestly not very well prepared for leaving society behind. I do not currently have a vehicle so anywhere I go I will be on foot. Any ideas as how to go about moving out of the city and away from all the chaos? I have a fishing pole, a couple of pocket knives, a back pack and clothing for when I need to go that should allow me to get by. Any ideas as to a good area to go that would be hard for others to find me would be awesome.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Looking for an area rich in wildlife such as fish and edible plant life

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Timothy Mcveighs cell is empty now, hide there.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by juggalo307

Honest opinion? Stay put, stay low and quiet and whatever you do..stay away from I-70. I have no idea which side of the interstate you live on in Terre Haute, but your in a good spot right there to my thinking. You're almost equal distance from St Louis and Chicago with Indianapolis another 70 some miles to your East. Your clear to the south to Louisville, and it isn't even in direct line with traffic to pass.

Heck...Where would you actually go TO with a better situation of being there...but being ignored? Once people have looted the daylights out of the Pilot and the hotels right there along the south end of the Interstate, they'll move on toward Indy or St Lou. I think home is where you'd want to be.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by juggalo307

Make two plans.

Plan One is a Stay in Place plan. You should devote 75% of your time and resources to a Stay in Place plan until it is mostly complete.

Plan Two is a Bug Out plan. While focusing heavily on Stay in Place, make a small bug out bag. There are many threads on ATS about what to put in your bag. Once your first plan is in place, you can start finding a place to bug out to and make long term plans for that. Study maps and then recon possible areas. Secondly, don't post about your location. This should only be shared with people who are in on your plan.

new topics

top topics

join