It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus is NOT God's only son.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Christians, please here me out and be reasonable here and use your God given logic.

There are 3 possibilities here. Each of them makes it pretty clear that Jesus is not God's only son, and each of them are pretty much the only probable possibilities. The possibilities are:

1. The Bible is a made up story.

2. The Bible is strongly misinterpreted.

3. The Bible was deliberately altered so that it could be used as a control mechanism.

Out of those 3 most probable possibilities, none of them allow for the idea that Jesus is God's only son. Here's why Jesus is not God's only son:

NOTE: ***Again, please, before you reply, use logic to dissect this statement and then determine for yourself whether or not you still believe that Jesus is God's only son.***

The universe is full of trillions on top of trillions of stars. The likelihood of life existing elsewhere in the universe, although unproven, is high. So why would God pick Earth, out of all of those planets with life on them, to send his only son to? You see? It makes no sense.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Me was thinking the same thing. Maybe Jesus is God's only HUMAN son?
Would be useless for the Bible to talk about God's only son from Andromedae galaxy if God knows we live on Earth.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I agree with you OP. Somewhere there is a reptilian worshiped as the Son of God...their God....

Des

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

or:

4. The bible is a collection of stories, meant to teach you a little bit about morale, actions and consequences and choices in life. Then people just put way too much thought into it.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by needlenight

or:

4. The bible is a collection of stories, meant to teach you a little bit about morale, actions and consequences and choices in life. Then people just put way too much thought into it.

No.. the first 3 will do. You need to research more ancient history and world religion before you start offering your 'help' '

link   
What about option 4.....the bible is legit.

Personally, I think the whole book is a load of crap, but I can't rule out the remote possibility that it is true.

Just Sayin.

link   

or:

I think this fits in with # 2 which is actually what I believe.
edit on 23-4-2012 by smithjustinb because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by OccamAssassin
What about option 4.....the bible is legit.

Personally, I think the whole book is a load of crap, but I can't rule out the remote possibility that it is true.

Just Sayin.

No, that's not an option. Not if you take the words and the interpretations literally.
edit on 23-4-2012 by smithjustinb because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Personally, I think there probably was a man named Jesus and he probably was a human with God-like attributes, but that doesn't mean he's "God's only son", and that doesn't mean calling out his name is going to save us from hell.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   

No, that's not an option. Not if you take the words and the interpretations literally.

When you say literally....Do you mean in the original script? i.e. Aramaic or Hebrew?

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb
Personally, I think there probably was a man named Jesus and he probably was a human with God-like attributes, but that doesn't mean he's "God's only son", and that doesn't mean calling out his name is going to save us from hell.

He was from Ethiopia. =) But probably just more older Kemetic myth transcribed for a newer time Yeshua ben Pandira, or Joshua, son of the Panther - this is where you will find the basis of the Black Panthers - however Dionysus was also depicted with a panther, as it is actually symbolic of the underworld and the mastery thereof.

Dionysus, son of Zeus (brother of Apollo - another Christ) was Lord of the Vine, killed and resurrected. "The Twice Born" he is also referred to as.

It's all very cyclical and familiar when you get into the nitty gritty - the Catholic Church (read: the Roman Empire) has just spent a great deal of time killing people who know differently, and re-writing history as it trounces throughout our collective memories.

edit on 23-4-2012 by purplemonkeydishwasher because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by OccamAssassin

When you say literally....Do you mean in the original script? i.e. Aramaic or Hebrew?

Whichever version puts the universe at 6000 years old.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Job 1:6 says, "Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan came also among them.

The King James and New King James versions use the word "sons"
I think the New International and others use the word "angels"

John 1:14 says, "And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

So it seems to me like there are "sons of God" and Jesus was the "only begotten" that was "made flesh"

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Your three options aren't necessarily mutually exclusive. It is possible for all three of them to be simultaneously true, since one doesn't contradict the other two.

The below poster's fourth option can also be argued to be true, and also does not contradict your original "possibilities".

or:

How all of that ties into your assertion that Jesus isn't God's only son, and how all of that ties into your resulting argument about planets, multiverses, etc., is lost.

In other words, they appear to be two separate unrelated arguments. So for you to try to make an argument is not only flawed, but ironic. Ironic because that sort of fallacy is EXACTLY what some Christians do to argue in favor of their religion.
edit on 23-4-2012 by inivux because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-4-2012 by inivux because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Again, please, before you reply, use logic to dissect this statement and then determine for yourself whether or not you still believe that Jesus is God's only son

Whoa! Slow Down!
You're asking them to use logic.
I don't think that's possible.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   

1. The Bible is a made up story.

2. The Bible is strongly misinterpreted.

3. The Bible was deliberately altered so that it could be used as a control mechanism.

1. Could be, but if this is true, what of the thousands of records of ancient history and prophecies in the book that actually came true? Thousands of coincidences?

2. More than likely. The Bible is ripe with symbols, metaphors, parables, historical events, psalms, and prophecies. Multiple perspectives and layers of truth can be picked from it. I wouldn't expect any one person to get it all right.

3. This theory is just silly. The Roman Empire had a people's liberation to quell in the first century. When Constantine came into power he was facing a dilemma. The message of Christ was spreading and posed a threat to any position of authority. If anything, they brought their pagan traditions and practices into Christ's message to maintain control, not the other way around. Plus, if it was all just BS anyway, why would it need to be altered?
edit on 4/23/2012 by DarkKnight21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Hi smithnb.
I feel that a lot of folk have no understanding of the Bible and often do misinterpret.

Joh 16:13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

because they have not been born again- indwelt by His Holy Spirit.. He teaches, leads and guides into these truths of the Bible.

Are you insinuating the possibility of there being more Jesus's (God -the Son -incarnate in the flesh) that go to other planets to save?

Hey... to that all I can say is God is God .. He can do it all - anything - as HE pleases. The Bible states though that He died ONCE for ALL.......But it could be that on or for other planets that He did it again so that this once for all statement in the Bible would just be for us Earthings....... Who knows? I actually HAVE thought of this before .

Actually came upon a website that suggests that there are other Godly planets with no need for Savior..& .that we are the last planet.... ??? But only He has that answer, eh?
edit on 23-4-2012 by SeekerLou because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Well that is easy....none of them.

You will find that the 6000y date was actually based on a modern christian fundamentalist's idea on biblical chronology. It doesn't take into account that the bible is a culmination of accounts and that there are large periods in between events.

edit on 23/4/2012 by OccamAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
There is a distinction made in John 3:16 where Jesus is referred to as God's only BEGOTTEN son. This is important because Jesus only existed for 33 years here on Earth. Jesus IS God in human form. Jesus and God are one in the same. In the Bible Jesus is The Spirit of God in the Old Testament. Having said all of that, I find myself wondering if Christianity is true, then Jesus would have to had died for sins on EVERY planet in the universe. A very difficult concept to grasp and even more difficult to believe.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   

None of the versions say the universe is 6,000 years old. Hell, none of them say the Earth is 6,000 years old.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join