It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When 2012 Doesn't Happen

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
When 2012 Doesn't Happen, is that going to change your outlook on things like doomsday sayers? Are you going to be less likely inclined to believe it when people say the world is going to end on such and such date?

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   
I don't buy into it to begin with, so yes I will be even less likely to buy into it. The end has been predicted so many times and so many people get worked up over it each time. Even if we knew when the end was, why worry about it? We wouldn't be able to fix it. As I've said 100 times over all Dec. 21 2012 is going to bring is a lot of hangovers on Dec. 22nd and a lot of births in September 2013.

We all know wikipedia isn't a great source, but this at least has over 150 references.
en.wikipedia.org...

I'm not too worried about it

edit on 22-4-2012 by headorheart because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

It WON'T happen. There's no reason for people to think it will happen, the Mayans themselves have said their calender does not signify the end of the world. I already don't take doomsday conspiracy theorists seriously.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   
It'll be the same thing as when comet Elinin didn't hit us or how Y2K never happened

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone
When 2012 Doesn't Happen, is that going to change your outlook on things like doomsday sayers? Are you going to be less likely inclined to believe it when people say the world is going to end on such and such date?

I have a Page-A-Day calendar with dates that don't go past Dec 30, 2012!

So I know that the world ends then.

The calendar was printed in China!

edit on 23/4/2012 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   

When 2012 Doesn't Happen, is that going to change your outlook on things like doomsday sayers?

You're too late. It already is happening.
It's been 2012 for almost 4 months now.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   

i wonder how many people will take(end) their lives.sects,cults, ect.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Nothing's gonna happen on 2012.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   

2012 doesn't happen? See its as if you have it instilled in your brain like as if 2012 is the name of an event with no date what so ever. You could be refering to the movie "2012" but it has been produced and made already so.. it has happened
I think you mean do you believe that a catastrophic event/doomsday will occur on such a date as December 21st 2012 11:11 or any other random day of that year? If so....

Ancient texts,Myths,legends,stories,"maya" apparently say it will be an apocalypse! Or maybe that's what all the twisted information has us to believe now. You have to remember we are playing with ancient information that has been passed down for many years. As for the calender itself.. it's just a calender.. a measuring device.

Apocalypse: "lifting of the veil" or "revelation")

So Anything can happen.. Media and money hungry people take advantage of the "date" "myth" stories by selling twisted words and misconceptions in order to SELL SELL SELL! People love being "scared", "Freaked out" and most people become brainwashed by stories with no truth what so ever. There are so many people out there with no credibility what so ever.. [not gonna start with the names] but just because someone tells a good bedtime story with just a couple pictures that can easily be photoshopped doesn't make them a credible individual. They will just go on to rant and eventually ask you to support them and buy their books, register with their sites, join their "cult", and tell more friends so they can make money off them too! Or they are trolling or just want to see what type of reactions he/she can get from a crowd of individuals. I'm not saying all people are telling lies or trying to make money off this stuff but people tend to twist/bend the truth "if there was any in the first place" around and love to use scare tactics in order to have people agree and jump on the bandwagon.

I wish I could write more on this subject but there is only so much I can say and people will eventually have to use their own eyes, ears and whatever tools they need to find this information on their own.. because only then will it be legit information to them.. but even then with all the technologies, hoaxing, and unknown things that yet we as human beings still do not understand we still might not know if it is a legitimate truth or not. This goes for ufo's, aliens, nwo, ect ect ect.

As for my thoughts on it? None of us here can say whether or not the world will "End" on that day. I will say that I always have a plan in case something catastrophic does happen at any point in time. Other than that live life like you usually do and live it to the fullest without fear!

edit on 23-4-2012 by EternalFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   
A great change will happen by the end of 2012

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 23-4-2012 by satron because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 03:40 AM
link   
reply to post by satron

thats kinda "stating the obvious"
since the rate of knowledge continues to increase, we will be different people next week, at the end of the year, at the end of next year, at the end of next century, etc, etc, etc

Life ends as we know it all the time, why should 2012 be any different?

I don't know who made up the date December, 21, 2012, but I looked at the Mayan calendar and didn't see any dates written on it. Just pictures. So someone else made up that date to correspond with their pre-existing ideas.

Yes, the Mayans were real good with astronomy and such, but thats only cause they didn't have the internet to distract them. They had no TV to watch, so they watched the stars. There were not privy to any superior knowledge.

Just read the rest of the calendar. Did they really predict anything of value to come to pass? Besides spewing a date of alignment that from what I understand happens EVERY YEAR

And before anyone throws Hopi prophecy into it - they were buddies with the Mayans you know - its not unlikely that they shared stories/theories/calendars?

So....
What happens on December 22, 2012 when nothing significant happens worldwide? (cause I promise something significant will happen somewhere to someone, just like it did yesterday, and it will today, and on and on...)

A lot of people will...
- kick themselves for buying all those crappy can goods
- rush to the stores for last minute gift shopping (assuming they didn't blow all their monopoly money on can goods)
- kick themselves again for not buying the newest stupid iphone on black friday
- commit suicide.
and my personal favorite
- Pretend they never thought anything would happen in the first place

By the way - y2k did have a legitimate concern for some people - but if you remember, we spent a good year prior to that date fixing what we knew could possibly go wrong - we rewrote computer codes to have a 4 digit date - therefore we prevented it.

The only real concern for 2012 is the sun being so active - and the only reason for that concern is that we have more technology out there than we did last time it was this active. So there's legitimacy there too - but I wouldn't place any bets on it causing a paradigm shift.

Then again....... kick everyone off the internet for a week..... it just may.....

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 04:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Forevever

I totally agree with everything you have to say and yes Y2K was prevented.. the worst that would happen is glitching of computers due to the fact 2000 wouldn't fit in the 19_ _ form. So nothing major there. Other than that no nukes were gonna randomly launch and destroy half the world like a lot of people went on talking about. Worst case scenario for this year 2012 "my prediction" We will get hit by a massive solar flare and possibly lose some important satellite's.. that's only because the sun cycle is at its peak and is causing all kinds of hell lately. Other than that we have no evidence of anything than some asteroid near misses this year possibly lot's of earthquakes and some wacky weather.

edit on 23-4-2012 by EternalFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 04:42 AM
link   
I'm not. personally, expecting anything at the end of 2012.
But the excitement is obviously being driven by a number of psychological factors, including boredom, which are not going to go away, so we must expect it to be transferred to something else.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Hey no worries.When nothing happen, the doomdayers will move to the next end of the world date.It's either 2018 or 2060.

www.rense.com...

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by satron
A great change will happen by the end of 2012

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I believe that too, satron, the very ways people think will change so dramaticlly that they will not know what is happening, some will no doubt lose their minds. The dead will appear and everyone will see them, ETs will be here to help in the evacuation efforts, and the Earth will be in turmoil, as She begins to die, and be reborn again. New Heaven, and New Earth.
Yes, everything will change, even if you don't believe it will.

top topics

join