It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The weatherman caught in a media storm - Piers Corbyn

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
hi all... just found this on rense.com - dont think its been covered, but i did a search and it didnt come up...
and i wasnt sure which forum to put this in... but i thought it seemed relevant to here - if not Mods please feel free to move to relevant board ...

im quite a fan of piers corbyn he seems to know what hes talking about and what might happen with the weather and hes usually right...

he's just recently forecast that we are to have the coldest May in 100 years in parts of the central and east, with a 'record run of northerly winds'... which will apparently put 'spring into reverse'... this is in contrast to the Met Office's recent forecast;

the current Met Office 30-day forecast, which says that temperatures up to mid-May "will generally be close to or slightly above the seasonal average"

however Piers is using a different technique of forecasting - compared with that of the Met Office;

this prophecy of a truly out-of-season wintry month came from an independent weather forecaster, Piers Corbyn, using what he terms his "solar weather technique" which involves calculating how solar particles will interact with the Earth. However, Mr Corbyn, 65, who has a degree in physics and runs a company named WeatherAction from an office in south London, declines to disclose his methodology in detail

but he will not disclose ALL details of his techniques... he is a man who speaks his mind

"Well why the f**k should I? The methodology is owned by the company, right? Why the hell do you drink Coca-Cola when the recipe is secret?"

article;
www.independent.co.uk...

taken from;
rense.com...

So what do you all think of this ?! Do you tend to lean toward one or another source ? Or do you watch the sky and come to your own conclusions ?....
I'm already leaning toward the forecast predicted by Mr. C .... it is cold for this time of year...
And the weather patterns have changed alot in recent years and the solar activity from the Sun is only going to encourage more disruptive and harsh weather patterns...

but hopefully we'll get a nice sunny day at some point .....!

thanks for reading...

+4 more 
posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I always have used this forecaster, never been wrong:

edit on 22-4-2012 by redbarron626 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
It will be interesting to find out. It has been strangely cold where I live. I actually had to turn on the heater today, and I live in a tropical climate... wtf??

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
It's cold here in Michigan this year after having record highs in March. I put together a thread about the weather of this year. It's the one in my signature if you are interested. I'm going to check out this Piers guy as his work sounds intersting. Thanks for posting this.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I expect unusual solar conditions would have some effect, the recent spate of CME's heated up the atmosphere even temporarily. However I suspect Mr Corbyn is just being crafty, he has probably noticed the lack of westerly winds from the atlantic, which is the prevailing and warming wind across Ireland and the UK, they have been much less prevalent since 2010, that is one reason why it is relatively cold. He may have private info on the warm gulf stream flow, or lack of it, up into the north atlantic. With no dominant wind from the west, the cold northerly wind is circulating around the UK and the western parts of Europe in a anti-clockwise flow. I dare say a lot of weathermen know this, but the tongues are tied. 1,2,3.....wait for it!

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I'm burning up in Vegas right now.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
My goodness, this fellow does not mince words!
I do sometimes wish I could be as brash and outspoken but the few times I've tried I find it doesn't go over well for us ladies.

I don't envy my UK friend's their weather this year, but I must say the weather in parts of the US has been bi-polar and difficult to deal with, too, in its way, especially if you're trying to get a vegetable garden going. We have had shockingly hot spring days that feel like the dog days of summer that then plunge into autumn levels of cold a day or two later. We have days that start off as chilly sweater weather that bloom into t-shirt and shorts weather by noon. While it is not unheard of to have temperature swings in transitional seasons like spring and fall, it's been a very long time since we've had it this crazy for so many months. In fact, I can't really remember having it be this way in my 45 years. I'm not saying it's never happened, it's just that I do not recall it being like this for such a long duration.

I certainly can't recall taking so many summer type outings to the parks with my family in the months of February, March and April. Usually during these months we are still damp and chilly and stick close to home with indoor activities. This time last year I was starting my seeds indoors.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by fluff007

I think wanting to know his methodology is a valid request. That's how one submits to testing by one's peers. I mean if all he is trying to do is make his info proprietary, like Coca Cola, then its a good profit model. And we'll have to see how his 'prophecy' turns out to see if his methods are worthwhile.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Been following him for years. He is more accurate than BBC and his forecasts are much longer than BBC too.

I even ordered a forecast from him, a couple of years ago, it was accurate but I didn't understand the lingo.

More trustworthy than MSM and BBC and AccuWeather.

If UK had listened to him two years ago, and stocked up on road salt, lives would have been saved. Instead MSM and BBC said the winter weather was going to be mild, it was not!
But these people won't be charged with manslaughter will they?

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by stanguilles7

It's a valid request, but honey badger don't care!

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by fluff007

Piers Corbyn the man that has a higher success rate predicting the weather than the met office. He is not a meteorologist. He is an astrophysicist. I hope he is wrong on this one. We need some sunshine here...

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
hi all...

soz i havent replied been awhile without internet in some beautiful mountains !

although the weather was rubbish... so im kinda hoping Piers's forecast is wrong - we need more sun and warmth...
i think he has every right to keep his methods to himself - should he feel that way inclined... however, would it not be best to publish his methods so it can be peer reviewed ?

i do quite like him - and his forecasts are usually spot on - although again ive got my fingers crossed that this one might be wrong !

new topics

top topics

join